Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am leaving room for a big swerve here, but in a nutshell:

Moira lost her powers, is being hunted by Mystique and feels betrayed by 'mutants'. Being on her last life unless she does something right, she apparently decides the only thing to try again is to get rid of mutants. Omega Wolverine being sent back to hunt her has convinced her this new plan must work. The flashforward to the preserve seems to support that her plan worked as we see her attempt to kill this Wolverine, the last mutant, before he somehow came back in time.

As I said, I am leaving room for things to not be as obvious as they seem, but at the same time it might be that straightforward.
    Thanks. I think I got all of that, but the constant references here to a couple of her previous lives is throwing me off. I think I have to read house/powers of x again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    Thanks. I think I got all of that, but the constant references here to a couple of her previous lives is throwing me off. I think I have to read house/powers of x again.
    There are only three of Moira's past lives that are really relevant. Life three gets referenced occasionally because its the one where Destiny and the Brotherhood killed her for developing the cure.

Life 6 is the one where she lived a thousand years into the future and she and Logan were kept in a Preserve by the machines and post-humanity until the Phalanx came to absorb Earth into its Dominion. This is being referenced a lot now because Omega Wolverine, the Phalanx-ified version of him from a future, seems to be from the future of THIS timeline, even though during Inferno Omega Sentinel revealed she came back from this timeline's future because mutants won. But the events of Inferno have likely changed that, and now we have Omega Wolverine from a future where it parallels Moira's life six but with the twist that now a future Moira who's merged with machinery is the one to kill Logan or turn him into a Phalanx. With him coming back in time presumably to stop this.

And then Life Nine is the last relevant life, the one just before this one, where Moira teamed up with Apocalypse. We didn't see much of this life up until the 'hundred years from now' point, but we know that the nation of Krakoa was formed, Sinister experimented with creating chimera mutants and then betrayed Krakoa, and a hundred years from now only Apocalypse, Moira, Krakoa, Wolverine and a handful of chimeras and former Hounds like Cylobel, Rasputin, North and Cardinal were all that remained. And this life ended when they were able to gain intel on when exactly Nimrod would come online and where, and then Moira died so she could reincarnate with that knowledge and try and take Nimrod out before that happened in this current life. Which of course failed.

Its worth noting that while this past life did have the mutant nation of Krakoa, and some of its current leaders were still involved like Sinister, Magneto and Xavier were NOT involved in it as Apocalypse killed them soon after Moira awakened him. Which means its likely that a good deal of the major X-Men and villains we know from this current life might not have been involved in Krakoa, or died before it was formed, etc. For instance, we know that Moira awakened Apocalypse in Life Nine when she was only 18...and then he killed Xavier when she was nineteen and Magneto when she was 21. Which among other things, means that even if Wanda was born before Magneto died, M-Day wouldn't have happened without his influence in her life. Other powerful mutants who had a major influence on Life Ten's timeline weren't born either like Proteus or Legion, just for example. But which also means that since M-Day never happened, and no idea if Hope still would have been born with as much as things changed, and at the very least the Phoenix was never involved in jumpstarting the mutant race again, etc.....like, all of that means this past life Krakoa never had things like the resurrection protocols, and I don't think its likely that they ever retrieved Arakko and all its mutants from Otherworld. I haven't seen this mentioned much, but while Life Nine most closely mirrored Life Ten in some ways because of Krakoa and Sinister and the chimeras.....Life Ten's Krakoan nation has major advantages it never had the last time around (resurrection, Arakko, the number of omega mutants they have, etc), if they can change whatever happened between now and Omega Wolverine's future that led to losing resurrection and stuff like that.

And of course, this current life is Life Ten.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 03-04-2022 at 01:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentor007 View Post
    In the Marvel multiverse, multiple present timelines can still lead to the same future, just as one present timeline can lead to multiple different futures, and multiple versions of the same person can occupy the same timeline too. Wolverine, X-man (Nate Grey), and Deadpool are proof of this. The heavy implication in this issue is that this was the same future where Logan just recently killed Moria in the Preserve, in order to reset the timeline (Moria's life 6). If that had happened, that scene would never have happened due to that timeline being erased/reset, and replaced at least 3 more times (lives 7-9). The only other alternative is that Moria's power doesn't reset a timeline at all, she just jumps to a new one, which would be why that scene actually happens at all.
    Also consider this, how did the post-human caretaker/Librarian of the Preserve know about Moria's power? Did the Phalanx Moria clue them in? Could Moria be playing both sides?
    Wouldn't it make more sense that the Omega Wolverine it's from the current timeline future where Moira is about to merge and ally with the machines? She works with the machines, defeats the mutants, machines take the place of the homi novissimus from PoX and they still have a Preserve with Wolverine only because Moira it's not a mutant anymore but an hybrid human/machine, she apparently kills him as seen in XDoW but his healing system probably save him merging him with the Phalanx technology it was attacked with and then he travels to the past.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    There are only three of Moira's past lives that are really relevant. Life three gets referenced occasionally because its the one where Destiny and the Brotherhood killed her for developing the cure.

Life 6 is the one where she lived a thousand years into the future and she and Logan were kept in a Preserve by the machines and post-humanity until the Phalanx came to absorb Earth into its Dominion. This is being referenced a lot now because Omega Wolverine, the Phalanx-ified version of him from a future, seems to be from the future of THIS timeline, even though during Inferno Omega Sentinel revealed she came back from this timeline's future because mutants won. But the events of Inferno have likely changed that, and now we have Omega Wolverine from a future where it parallels Moira's life six but with the twist that now a future Moira who's merged with machinery is the one to kill Logan or turn him into a Phalanx. With him coming back in time presumably to stop this.

And then Life Nine is the last relevant life, the one just before this one, where Moira teamed up with Apocalypse. We didn't see much of this life up until the 'hundred years from now' point, but we know that the nation of Krakoa was formed, Sinister experimented with creating chimera mutants and then betrayed Krakoa, and a hundred years from now only Apocalypse, Moira, Krakoa, Wolverine and a handful of chimeras and former Hounds like Cylobel, Rasputin, North and Cardinal were all that remained. And this life ended when they were able to gain intel on when exactly Nimrod would come online and where, and then Moira died so she could reincarnate with that knowledge and try and take Nimrod out before that happened in this current life. Which of course failed.

Its worth noting that while this past life did have the mutant nation of Krakoa, and some of its current leaders were still involved like Sinister, Magneto and Xavier were NOT involved in it as Apocalypse killed them soon after Moira awakened him. Which means its likely that a good deal of the major X-Men and villains we know from this current life might not have been involved in Krakoa, or died before it was formed, etc. For instance, we know that Moira awakened Apocalypse in Life Nine when she was only 18...and then he killed Xavier when she was nineteen and Magneto when she was 21. Which among other things, means that even if Wanda was born before Magneto died, M-Day wouldn't have happened without his influence in her life. Other powerful mutants who had a major influence on Life Ten's timeline weren't born either like Proteus or Legion, just for example. But which also means that since M-Day never happened, and no idea if Hope still would have been born with as much as things changed, and at the very least the Phoenix was never involved in jumpstarting the mutant race again, etc.....like, all of that means this past life Krakoa never had things like the resurrection protocols, and I don't think its likely that they ever retrieved Arakko and all its mutants from Otherworld. I haven't seen this mentioned much, but while Life Nine most closely mirrored Life Ten in some ways because of Krakoa and Sinister and the chimeras.....Life Ten's Krakoan nation has major advantages it never had the last time around (resurrection, Arakko, the number of omega mutants they have, etc), if they can change whatever happened between now and Omega Wolverine's future that led to losing resurrection and stuff like that.

And of course, this current life is Life Ten.

Okay, no need for me to go back and reread powers of x, lol. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I do agree with others though, that the latest scene with Machine-Moira blowing a hole in Logans chest, is more likely to be the future of life ten than life 6. Guess we will find out on wednesday.