Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would say...yes.
    It's not her being relevant, it's a completely different character using her name to be relevant.

Also, how does this new twist makes sense with the "**** humans and mutants" ideology of Omega Sentinel…and you know, the whole reveal that mutants won in her timeline? It feels like a mess.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 02-23-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wow so Moira has now gone from being one of the greatest human allies of mutantkind to possibly their greatest threat wanting to stamp them out and all because of Hickman’s retcon. Was it worth it just to make her relevant again?
    after spending this life saving mutants, moira will become an anti-mutant machine overnight without explanation, just because she was depowered and thinks xavier and krakoa betrayed her and gave her cancer? it makes no sense to me, moira's reactions are just stupid for someone supposed to be a genius, at no time does she try to contact xavier for an explanation?
    i really like moira, i hope that wolverine is there to prevent her from becoming a machine i don't want her to become a female version of camron hodge what a mess of character if that's the case.
    I thought I couldn't see more incoherent than Abigail Brand's betrayal...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Jesus Christ....I swear man MUTANTS can NEVER get a Win.

Well, this was an interesting Issue.
    That's the issue of the sliding time scale and shared universe.
    As long as the main universe has to keep going ad infinitum, never allowed to have the wider "civilian" world progress and change beyond the current day modern earth, mutants can never become a majority that replaces normal humans (regardless of things like "extinction genes" which never stick around) or change the world to the better (though that's the case for any super hero including industry owners and super scientists) and there will be potentialy infinite numbers of "bad futures" which need to be prevented, but never a "good future" that will be maintained as achievable goal.

However for the same reason mutants can never truely lose either (oh the irony). The popularity of the X-men means that regarldess of House of M, Inhumans push, "let's kill a ton of nameless civilains for shock effect" moments and dark futures, the mutants will always survive and restock in numbers sooner or later.

So it's a double edged sword. The status quo god means mutants can never "win", but they can never permanently lose either.

The best they can hope for is to for the editorial to enforce a state of "odd normality" for them in the Marvel Universe, where they become a matter of fact element which allows a more relaxed sate of affairs, rather than be hit with one collective extreme situation after the other.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-23-2022 at 12:53 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Exactly the Moria before this era was stated in comic to have been a shi'ar golem if I remember right.
    The Shi'ar golem was just so that the real Moira could fake her death and continue to work behind the scenes. For all intents and purposes this is the real true Moira from "way back when". Which makes her 'turn' much more interesting given her recent circumstances/retcon.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The Shi'ar golem was just so that the real Moira could fake her death and continue to work behind the scenes. For all intents and purposes this is the real true Moira from "way back when". Which makes her 'turn' much more interesting given her recent circumstances/retcon.
    If by "interesting" you mean "nonsensical" then I agree.

This issue was so good! Percy continues to deliver on the hype with every issue so far. Is Moira going to turn herself into an Omega Sentinel? The first meeting of Omega Wolverine and his kids was not what I was expecting. I don’t know if Omega Wolverine is a bad actor or what but I definitely want more.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I'm reading this series only for the action sequences because I think the story is pretty nonsensical. With HoX/PoX they said Moira isn't a human but a mutant mastermind who didn't die and orchastrated many events in X-men history to ensure mutant victory in the future. A hard pill to swallow but for the sake of story fine whatever but now she's a villain who wants to exterminate mutants? Like what? At this point I think it's pretty generous to call her a character. She is just whatever the plot needs her to be.

Extraordinary Member

If I never read an X-Men comic before I think I would consider this story pretty cool, so I will give it that. However, $4.99 for standard size comic is criminal.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 02-23-2022 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Don’t promote piracy

I am not sure if that was really Life 6, perhaps it's just one that looks like it, in the same way life 6 looked like life 9. This is likely the future of the current life, 10B.

Yupp. I don't think it is Life 6 either.

It's more likely the future of Life 10B where Phalanx-Logan survives and goes back in time to save mutants from Moira X where-as in Life 6 Moira dies to save mutants from the Phalanx.

That would be my main issue with this...it all seems unnecessarily and painfully convoluted even by time-travelling standards.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Im also in the camp that hate whats been done with Moira

*In my Carrie voice*

I have to wonder...
    Is this what HiX-Man intended for the character or...Is Percy just taking a dump?

*In my Carrie voice*

I have to wonder...
    Is this what HiX-Man intended for the character or...Is Percy just taking a dump?
    I'm starting to wonder if Hickman showing us "Life 10A" in Inferno was a meta comment about what we were gonna miss because of his departure, a timeline where the mutants actually won.

I found this issue quite interesting, especially because it ties into some of the subplots that Hickman never had the chance to address.

I am not going to argue about Moira because I was fine with the HOX retcon and the current status quo still seems rather fluid when it comes to her. There's a lot up in the air even after the most recent events of this week.

So can we all agree that Moira needs to die now?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!