Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    So can we all agree that Moira needs to die now?
    Finally, something we can all agree on!

Astonishing Member

Okay, I FREELY admit this is just blatant stan behavior, but its a pet peeve and its something I was thinking about back during Moira's year one thousand stuff in Powers of X and then was ignited by newsarama having an article today saying X Deaths of Wolverine just revealed Marvel's Last Mutant.....

This isn't meant as like, Logan hate, lmao, just that its an eternal headache how Marvel likes to insist on him as the last man standing in any and all stories or big events....at the exact same time they like to hype up the existence of super-powerful omega mutants and Externals in other key stories, when for many of these mutants literal immortality is ALSO a part of their power sets! Why is Logan's regenerative power constantly called back to as like, the ONLY way for a mutant to still be around in stories like Year One Thousand, when like.....for me at least it ALWAYS begs the question of how is this guy somehow surviving past mutants who literally control life and death and can bring themselves back from anything and even write themselves in and out of timelines at a whim? Why are there never any stories about the dire fate of mutantkind or dystopian futures where characters like (yes, Bobby admittedly hflakhflakhf) but also Elixir, Legion, etc, mutants who have LITERALLY had years devoted to demonstrating how they're just as unkillable as Logan, if not more....are still around and relevant too?

Like yes, I'm aware marketing, none of those characters are as popular as Logan, etc, but at a certain point its beyond lazy writing to just expect readers to never ask these questions or want an answer from the story itself.....ESPECIALLY when the story directly spins out of worldbuilding that used these very mutants to uplift their entire race into the KIND of threat that has machines and future timelines running scared....but then is like 'oh they all died offscreen even though half of them should be even more hard to get rid of than Logan, even without resurrection protocols but shhh don't question it, its fine, it totally makes sense we promise.'

*bangs head against the wall* Like this isn't a make it or break it moment for a story, but it IS a recurring complaint of mine and its kinda annoying how Marvel never considers it even worth acknowledging. Its like how are we supposed to take any of those other stories seriously, about how long-lived and unkillable these other mutants supposedly are, if at the end of the day, Marvel will always just come back to the same one mutant being the ultimate survivor? For that matter, Logan's own kids ALL HAVE HIS HEALING FACTOR, why is he alone the only one able to survive anything, when the very thing that's supposed to MAKE him such a consummate survivor....is something that's literally shared by multiple other characters, y'know?

Like I said, it doesn't make or break a story all on its own because from a certain sense its just one of those things where you gotta be like well it is what it is, lol, but it does always pull me out of a story like this at least a little bit and it sure would be nice to see Marvel occasionally dabble in at least one or two dark futures or whatever where either someone other than Logan is the last man standing. /blatant stan rant

Fantastic Member

I really liked the issue and its twists. Yes Moira is annoying however I think that since we know what happened through Omega Wolverine then maybe when Moira will be killed, Xavier will try to resurrect her as a mutant again. That will be her true 11th life but her Robot self will be the Villain. That's another twist.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Finally, something we can all agree on!
    I Agree.

All in FAVOR?! 1..2..3.. Motion Passed!!! *BAM*

Moira Shall Die Tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I really liked the issue and its twists. Yes Moira is annoying however I think that since we know what happened through Omega Wolverine then maybe when Moira will be killed, Xavier will try to resurrect her as a mutant again. That will be her true 11th life but her Robot self will be the Villain. That's another twist.
    Bringing her back as a mutant and with all this baggage doesn't really fix her, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Okay, I FREELY admit this is just blatant stan behavior, but its a pet peeve and its something I was thinking about back during Moira's year one thousand stuff in Powers of X and then was ignited by newsarama having an article today saying X Deaths of Wolverine just revealed Marvel's Last Mutant.....

This isn't meant as like, Logan hate, lmao, just that its an eternal headache how Marvel likes to insist on him as the last man standing in any and all stories or big events....at the exact same time they like to hype up the existence of super-powerful omega mutants and Externals in other key stories, when for many of these mutants literal immortality is ALSO a part of their power sets! Why is Logan's regenerative power constantly called back to as like, the ONLY way for a mutant to still be around in stories like Year One Thousand, when like.....for me at least it ALWAYS begs the question of how is this guy somehow surviving past mutants who literally control life and death and can bring themselves back from anything and even write themselves in and out of timelines at a whim? Why are there never any stories about the dire fate of mutantkind or dystopian futures where characters like (yes, Bobby admittedly hflakhflakhf) but also Elixir, Legion, etc, mutants who have LITERALLY had years devoted to demonstrating how they're just as unkillable as Logan, if not more....are still around and relevant too?

Like yes, I'm aware marketing, none of those characters are as popular as Logan, etc, but at a certain point its beyond lazy writing to just expect readers to never ask these questions or want an answer from the story itself.....ESPECIALLY when the story directly spins out of worldbuilding that used these very mutants to uplift their entire race into the KIND of threat that has machines and future timelines running scared....but then is like 'oh they all died offscreen even though half of them should be even more hard to get rid of than Logan, even without resurrection protocols but shhh don't question it, its fine, it totally makes sense we promise.'

*bangs head against the wall* Like this isn't a make it or break it moment for a story, but it IS a recurring complaint of mine and its kinda annoying how Marvel never considers it even worth acknowledging. Its like how are we supposed to take any of those other stories seriously, about how long-lived and unkillable these other mutants supposedly are, if at the end of the day, Marvel will always just come back to the same one mutant being the ultimate survivor? For that matter, Logan's own kids ALL HAVE HIS HEALING FACTOR, why is he alone the only one able to survive anything, when the very thing that's supposed to MAKE him such a consummate survivor....is something that's literally shared by multiple other characters, y'know?

Like I said, it doesn't make or break a story all on its own because from a certain sense its just one of those things where you gotta be like well it is what it is, lol, but it does always pull me out of a story like this at least a little bit and it sure would be nice to see Marvel occasionally dabble in at least one or two dark futures or whatever where either someone other than Logan is the last man standing. /blatant stan rant
    Because Logan has the most powerful superpower of them all: POPULARITY.

How does Logan fight the Hulk? Popularity.

How does Logan lead the opposing side in Schism? Popularity.

How does Logan kill every single X-Man in Old Man Logan? Popularity.

How does Logan defeat Lobo? Popularity.

It doesn't matter how weak the character really is compared to the rest of the universe. Popularity trumps all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

It doesn't matter how weak the character really is compared to the rest of the universe. Popularity trumps all.
    LOL yeah I know, I get the why from an out of universe perspective, I just hate that Marvel never feels the slightest inclination to give any kind of reason or justification in the in universe perspective - largely because they can't, and it doesn't really make sense when put under a microscope. But eventually you end up with 'ugh' feelings the more those two perspectives come into conflict with no attempt at reconciling them, and that's what's got me sighing at this part of the story. Like I'll get over it, lmao, its just like. Sigh.

In the words of Pet Sematary, sometimes dead is better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    *In my Carrie voice*

I have to wonder...
    Is this what HiX-Man intended for the character or...Is Percy just taking a dump?
    Given how his previous works at Marvel looked like. It's easy to doubt this was his plan. Meanwhile Percy feels like someone who saw something being successfull and then tries to copy it without having the same abilities suited for it or fully understanding what made it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Hickman showing us "Life 10A" in Inferno was a meta comment about what we were gonna miss because of his departure, a timeline where the mutants actually won.
    As mentioned in the past, i get the impression Hickman's idea for the story was likely about the rise and eventualy fall of a society of super powered humans, with the future of 10A as the potential high point, after which the mutants have nowhere to go anymore and lost too much of their humanity to gain said victory. Eventualy becomming the very thing they defeated.

Which would fit into his work in the ultimate universe, Fantastic Four and Avengers beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    In the words of Pet Sematary, sometimes dead is better.
    Great now i have the Ramones song stuck in my head again.

This is getting too convoluted for my taste.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Pretty much, yeah. Outside the X-Men, I'm pretty much the same way about Spider-Man, though it's the inverse problem with him, that his real-world popularity somehow doesn't actually translate to him being much of a big deal or all that respected in-universe. Granted, that might be down to him being more of a loner than Wolverine/Logan has been in years, if ever, and keeping himself on the periphery of the broader superhero community because he's one of the few heroes who still has a secret identity and a civilian supporting cast, although I'd think after all he's done and accomplished within the context of the comics, he'd get to be more of a major player in the MU proper. Of course, that could just be down to Marvel editorial trying to keep him as "relatable" as possible, whereas Logan/Wolverine, for all his popularity, isn't necessarily meant to be "relatable" to the overall readership and fandom. Which is all to say . . . I feel your pain. Truly, I do.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The Saga of Moira X flips the script on the X-Men's oldest tropes...Villain turn X-Hero into X-Hero/Ally turn Villain and I'm loving it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Especially since that adamantium skeleton will kill him.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    after spending this life saving mutants, moira will become an anti-mutant machine overnight without explanation, just because she was depowered and thinks xavier and krakoa betrayed her and gave her cancer? it makes no sense to me, moira's reactions are just stupid for someone supposed to be a genius, at no time does she try to contact xavier for an explanation?
    i really like moira, i hope that wolverine is there to prevent her from becoming a machine i don't want her to become a female version of camron hodge what a mess of character if that's the case.
    I thought I couldn't see more incoherent than Abigail Brand's betrayal...
    IQ and EQ are way different thing. she might be a genius but I dont see her EQ being that high. Hence why she didnt do what a genius should have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Saga of Moira X flips the script on the X-Men's oldest tropes...Villain turn X-Hero into X-Hero/Ally turn Villain and I'm loving it.
    Except apparently she was always for exterminating mutants?