Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Except apparently she was always for exterminating mutants?
    Zealots often start with good intentions and eventually go so far down the path of absolutes that they become zealots and dictators. Moria included. again its a IQ might e high but EQ is not which can be seen by her parinoa.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Zealots often start with good intentions and eventually go so far down the path of absolutes that they become zealots and dictators. Moria included. again its a IQ might e high but EQ is not which can be seen by her parinoa.
    Um, this is beside the point. The final revelation of Inferno was that, at least in her current life, she always wanted to depower mutants, which is why she banned precogs - because they would see what was coming.

You know, it’s worth noting that none of this would be happening in Cypher hadn’t stoped Mystique from getting that easy kill back in Inferno. Just saying. So anything that Moira does to mutantkind is his fault.

Incredible Member

Um, this is beside the point. The final revelation of Inferno was that, at least in her current life, she always wanted to depower mutants, which is why she banned precogs - because they would see what was coming.
    My point is she started with in her head good intentions that led her down the road of wanting to destroy mutants. In her mind she is the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    My point is she started with in her head good intentions that led her down the road of wanting to destroy mutants. In her mind she is the hero.
    Tons of villains are like that. It doesn't mean they're not villains for thinking themselves the hero. Since she apparently had this goal for literally the entirety of her character history, this means that she was always a villain.

Tons of villains are like that. It doesn't mean they're not villains for thinking themselves the hero. Since she apparently had this goal for literally the entirety of her character history, this means that she was always a villain.
    This issue just reminded me of what I thought upon finished House of X/Powers of X initially: Moira is a deeply traumatized person that went through so much shit that she radicalized herself. Her best, most peaceful lives were those when she was just a human with a happy family life or cheering a great success with her team. I think every single life she's had where she lived as and helped mutants (under threat from a horrendous pair) has been misery, frustration, and failure. I'm not surprised she was never actually about saving mutants, and from her perspective the best world is one where mutants are cured and no one is popping claws, hurling tornados, invading minds, etc... The greater setback she experiences, the more intensely anti-mutant she becomes. Remember how her initial efforts to save mutants started off peaceful and eventually she resorted to working with mass murderers and mutant supremacists? This issue is that, but the anti-mutant version.

Extraordinary Member

X-books are full of heroes/allies who go bad.

My prediction is that in the 10-A timeline Moira got rid of mutants but sees that the Machines are gonna gobble up humanity still. So she sends Logan back in time (so we're actually ACTUALLY in the 10-B timeline) to find Moira and HOPEFULLY we finally have someone who just sits down and talks with Moira, but more likely than not it'll involve some stabbing and the Five have to bring her back as a mutant without her memories of Inferno to get the timeline back on track.

My other prediction based on the name of the series. Is that Logan is also there to tell Laura/Gabby/Daken how they died so they can try to avoid it. And going forward they are gonna have storylines (until the writers get bored) leading up to those moments.
    Last edited by JamJams; 02-23-2022 at 06:25 PM.

It's giving me Trial of Magneto vibes, so I will not try to speculate where they're going with Moira, cause it looks like we won't be getting any answers from this event. Just more mysteries.

Needed more Wolvie family stuff in it.

Extraordinary Member

Other than being a way to trick me into reading monthly Percy Wolverine/X-Force storylines, it feels like this event will basically rewrite Hickman's setup so that the remaining X-Office members can go forward with it without being beholden to anything he did not wrap up.

Mighty Member

Just read the issue, this is interesting but confusing.

Why would Moira want to kill all mutants when she has been supportive of mutants all her life during Chris Claremont's days?

Isn't she a mutant herself after Hickman revelation?

This story is so contradictory, don't like this silly story by Percy at all.

Moira has been turned into an evil person by Percy. Moira is supposed to be the good guy. Having four wolvies in one story is so cheesy. It's obvious Percy is obsessed with Wolverines.

The art is also horrible.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-23-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Just read the issue, this is interesting but confusing.

Why would Moira want to kill all mutants when she has been supportive of mutants all her life during Chris Claremont's days?

Isn't she a mutant herself after Hickman revelation?

This story is so contradictory, don't like this silly story by Percy at all.

Moira has been turned into an evil person by Percy. Moira is supposed to be the good guy. Having four wolvies in one story is so cheesy. It's obvious Percy is obsessed with Wolverines.

The art is also horrible.
    No, Hickman turned her into an evil person.

BANNED

I wonder if the same chrono skimming power that enabled omega to travel to past isn't also responsible for omega Wolverine coming back. In the future mikhail or whatishisname could have survived as a chronal anomaly or something and being one could prevent him from going back but could have saved wolvie and send him back to prevent it all. Thus he is a protagonist in the future and Moira who was a ally is a antagonist in the future in role reversal. He could have enabled Logan to have hijacked a spare pod body and caused it to rebirth through unknown means but in that case why the transmode virus also is transmitted through this journey is baffling. Perhaps it will make sense in the end.

No, Hickman turned her into an evil person.
    She's not an evil person, she's a scientist. And also an antagonist because the X-Men are the protagonist and her current plans go against theirs.

She was presented with an alternative thesis and she tried it for multiple lives and thousand of years.

But Destiny gave her an expiration date of 10 to 11 lives, which she is now at. And then Mystique and Destiny decided that instead of talking to her about what is going on it was better to lop off her arm, attempt to depower her and then murder her. And that is on top of someone in Krakoa giving her cancer.

So with Krakoa being the culimination of all of those plans, leaving her with nothing left. And her at the end of her potential lives she's reached the end of her scientific method and wants to see what a world is like without mutants. A techno-wolverine coming back (and from her POV) attempting to murder her has also solidified that she should be going down this path and its successful.

But we'll see if that is the actual conclusion she reached in the next issue imagine. She may have changed her mind as humanity once again was about to be devoured by the Dominion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    This issue just reminded me of what I thought upon finished House of X/Powers of X initially: Moira is a deeply traumatized person that went through so much shit that she radicalized herself. Her best, most peaceful lives were those when she was just a human with a happy family life or cheering a great success with her team. I think every single life she's had where she lived as and helped mutants (under threat from a horrendous pair) has been misery, frustration, and failure. I'm not surprised she was never actually about saving mutants, and from her perspective the best world is one where mutants are cured and no one is popping claws, hurling tornados, invading minds, etc... The greater setback she experiences, the more intensely anti-mutant she becomes. Remember how her initial efforts to save mutants started off peaceful and eventually she resorted to working with mass murderers and mutant supremacists? This issue is that, but the anti-mutant version.
    That was exactly what I was trying to put into words! Thank you for reaching into my head and finding the words. Is that your mutant power? LOL