Astonishing Member

Default Ghost Rider issue 1 by Ben Percy.

Anyone read this, I did, I enjoyed it, and it reminds of Jason Aaron run from 08, definitely has the horror grindhouse feel. i was confused by the previews but everything made sense in the end of the issue. and the art by Corey Smith was excellent.

I liked it and the horror vibe. I'll definitely check out the next issue.

Yeah I read this, I really loved it. Great character work with Johnny and I think the slow burn of the issue really benefited this book instead of jumping straight into the Ghost Rider action.

Really enjoyed this as well. Enjoy books with a horror vibe / feel to it.

I liked it. Yes there were horror elements, but there was enough hellfire and chains to keep the action elements of a good Ghost Rider story.

The last page explaining the whole story could have been a bit more impactful. I think the reveal could have been more creative. Plus, this idea of a "back to basics" approach irks me. Brisson's previous run of the Ghost Rider wasn't bad at all. It delved into the Ghost Rider mythos quite well without it being confusing. I hope Daniel Ketch makes an appearance.

I like what I see though. Will read the next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I liked it. Yes there were horror elements, but there was enough hellfire and chains to keep the action elements of a good Ghost Rider story.

The last page explaining the whole story could have been a bit more impactful. I think the reveal could have been more creative. Plus, this idea of a "back to basics" approach irks me. Brisson's previous run of the Ghost Rider wasn't bad at all. It delved into the Ghost Rider mythos quite well without it being confusing. I hope Daniel Ketch makes an appearance.

I like what I see though. Will read the next issue.
    The real problem with "back to basics" thinking, in my view, is that it essentially throws out the baby with the bathwater. Instead of sifting through all that history, good and bad alike, and dredging up the more salvageable parts that can be reworked to better serve the character's ongoing development, this mentality simply forces a reset to "factory defaults," as if that's all it takes to make the character work again. Maybe it does make the character "work," for certain values of that word, but untethered to past history and developments, the character might well end up just plain hollow in comparison.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The real problem with "back to basics" thinking, in my view, is that it essentially throws out the baby with the bathwater. Instead of sifting through all that history, good and bad alike, and dredging up the more salvageable parts that can be reworked to better serve the character's ongoing development, this mentality simply forces a reset to "factory defaults," as if that's all it takes to make the character work again. Maybe it does make the character "work," for certain values of that word, but untethered to past history and developments, the character might well end up just plain hollow in comparison.
    Like a complete new character, that at that point could appeal or not the till then loyal readers who followed up the story so far.

This is a really good intro issue…

… for a new character.

For one who has been around for literally a half-century, not so much.

Incredible Member

Percy does well on solo titles (James Bond, Green Arrow, Wolverine) and struggles on team books (Teen Titans, X-Force). Would expect this to be a very good series that I'll continue to pick up

I enjoyed this issue greatly from the horror vibe to the amazing art. Hopefully this team gets a long run

Mighty Member

I think this is a strong first issue, probably the best start a Johnny-centered book has had in a long long time.

Mighty Member

Very strong first issue, it reminded me of the first issue with Danny Ketch: New reader-friendly, character driven, and intriguing. Best first issue of a Ghost rider series since a long time.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !