Default Young Magic of DC

What if there was a Young JL Dark? Let's make a list off all the young magic users in the DC universe, both good and bad.

Let's say that "everyone younger than Zatanna" classifies. So Raven would still be considered young.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Khalid Nassour (Hero)
    For obvious reasons.

If he's written with the personality and experience he had during the Lords of Order arc (JLD) he could also work as a leaderish type.

He's also what I like to call Schrodinger's Genius: he either went to med-school as a teenager, in which case he's a genius, or he went to med-school as an adult, in which case he's just a normal dude. Seriously, his age is so inconsistently kept that he went from being a young adult to a teenager just in the Justice League: Dark run alone.

Osiris (Hero)
    I'm not sure about Osiris since he is empowered by magic, but he doesn't use magic such as spells. I do still think he could be a neat guy to have on a team if they leaned into the mythological aspect of his powers (ex. him getting pulled into divine messes by his patron gods and their squabbles because they feel entitled to his help or support) and since he's such a pleasant person. Basically, the soft-hearted bruiser with a strong sense of positivity and idealism.

My memory of Osiris is based solely on one book I read years back, so maybe my characterization is off.

Klarion (Villain)
    Klarion's level of villainous differs a lot from version to version, but I could easily see him be part of a superhero team and stick around since he's basically just a kid that wants to be the boss of himself and have his fun.

Traci Thirteen (Hero)
    I don't have a lot of experience with Traci Thirteen outside of that one arc in Young Justice and her appearances in the Justice League: Dark comics, but I like her bad luck powers and her pet lizard.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 02-23-2022 at 01:09 PM.

*Misty Kilgore
    I would like to see Misty Kilgore back, she is great in Seven Soldiers: Zatanna.

*Tim Hunter
    Also still in training Tim Hunter with his owl pet. Perhaps the owl could have rivalry with Traci wizard lizard xd.

*Shining Knight (Ystina)
    for team prominent close range melee combatant
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 02-23-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Okay from my own memory, these would be potential candidates, although some of them haven't been confirmed to currently exist.

Kid Devil/ Red Devil
    Traci Thirteen,
    Garth (Tempest),
    Amethyst,
    Nightshade (I always picture her on the younger side but this might be wrong)
    Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

And of course, Black Alice (man I wish she was used more often)
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-24-2022 at 02:23 AM.

Zachary Zatara, cousin of Zatanna. And if Osiris counts, then so do the Shazam Family - isn't Osiris basically Black Adam Junior?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Okay from my own memory, these would be potential candidates, although some of them haven't been confirmed to currently exist.

Kid Devil/ Red Devil
    Traci Thirteen,
    Garth (Tempest),
    Amethyst,
    Nightshade (I always picture her on the younger side but this might be wrong)
    Equinox (Miiyahbin Marten)

And of course, Black Alice (man I wish she was used more often)
    Nightshade is a grown-up and has always been (at least since DC started using her); she was a government agent, later a key member of Ostrander's Suicide Squad, so yeah, you're definitely wrong.

All these list of young mystic heroes makes me want to see a Strange Academy/Hogwarts equivalent in the mainline DC universe. I could see Mystik U being a good series for the young mystics.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Nightshade is a grown-up and has always been (at least since DC started using her); she was a government agent, later a key member of Ostrander's Suicide Squad, so yeah, you're definitely wrong.
    Yeah I haven't read much with her, so it's no surprise there. But she seemed like a young adult in the Shadowpact issues I read.

I'll also add Darla Aquista the list. Daughter of a mafia boss, died and was ressurected as a magic user. Haven't read her stories but she seems cool

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    All these list of young mystic heroes makes me want to see a Strange Academy/Hogwarts equivalent in the mainline DC universe. I could see Mystik U being a good series for the young mystics.
    Never got around to reading it. Any characters that stood out to you?
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-24-2022 at 05:35 PM.

Anyone else thinks the name Justice League Dark is really lame?

Yes, I would like to see some magic super team on DC. The only characters I can think of are Timothy Hunter and Khalid, maybe create some new magic users? It's basically what Marvel did in Strange Academy.

About the name, call it Shadowpact, great name.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 02-24-2022 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Anyone else thinks the name Justice League Dark is really lame?

Yes, I would like to see some magic super team on DC. The only characters I can think of are Timothy Hunter and Khalid, maybe create some new magic users? It's basically what Marvel did in Strange Academy.

About the name, call it Shadowpact, great name.
    Same. Either Shadowpact or Sentinels of Magic

I honestly don't know many, but Klarion was the first to come to my mind.