Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Marauders #1 textless preview pages + interview

The X-Men are Krakoa's superheroes, X-Force is their black ops team. The Marauders are the emergency rescue squad.

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-x-men...ders-relaunch/

Be kind, it's FREE

Be kind, it's FREE

Look Bishop actually does something useful

Dont like the art style for this. Its too cartoonish. Seems more fit for a more juvenile title

At least theres some sensical reaction to Novas being there
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Aw Shit, Aw Shit!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Bishop has already done more in this preview than he did in Duggan's entire run.

I'm not understanding the joke in the comment section here with Bishop. Bishop helped saved Madripoor and also with the help of Shaw saved the Marauders while they were trapped in space.

How does him firing his power make him do more in this run then the Marauders last run? Shouldn't you wait to see if he gets a character arc other wise you guys will be complaining again in a week

Amazing Member

This art is so fresh in a sea of Coipel/Immonen wannabees. The line has lost a bunch of great artists these past few months so this is good. And the cast is more interesting and dynamic than that of vol. 1.

Yikes, I’m not keen on that style at all. Almost super-deformed.

Astonishing Member

Funny, only recently i noticed that nobody of Gene Nation except the obvious candidate has shown up in the current status quo yet and here it seems Fever Pitch is getting a small appearance, unless that's a new character (or one i don't recognize).

If it is Fever Pitch i wonder if he will be presented as weirdly docile and friendly all of a sudden too?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I'm not understanding the joke in the comment section here with Bishop. Bishop helped saved Madripoor and also with the help of Shaw saved the Marauders while they were trapped in space.

How does him firing his power make him do more in this run then the Marauders last run? Shouldn't you wait to see if he gets a character arc other wise you guys will be complaining again in a week
    If I may...

In Marauder's vol. 1, Bishop was a supporting character (who made good showings,but was supporting nonetheless). Katherine and Emma kind of absorbed the lions share of the story spotlight and didn't leave much for any of the other characters in the cast. For the Bishop fans, Bishop is a character deserving of much more spotlight than has received recently, so some cynicism (if a little hyperbolic) is to be expected.

Astonishing Member

The complaint with Bishop in the previous Marauders run (as well as Storm and Bobby and Pyro) is that they all APPEARED, but their appearances were largely superficial and just defined by them using their powers. After over two years, we had barely any scenes to point to with any of those characters that could actually qualify as character work, that told us or showed us literally anything new about their characters or was anything other than generic fight speech or actions. We got a little bit with Bishop's reservations about taking Kate's offer at first, admittedly, but that's about it.

That said, while I'm excited by the new blood/energy in the relaunch here and the POTENTIAL for more focus on Bishop and other characters, I have to agree its way too soon to say that Orlando's actionably doing anything different, and "Bishop does more here than in the entire previous run" work as tongue in cheek criticisms of Duggan's run, but we haven't actually been shown anything new yet. Because again, the problem was never that Bishop wasn't around and made use of in action scenes its that he always seemed to exit stage right before his character was added to or developed or even delved into in any kind of meaningful way that had actual substance to it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hate that art.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I hate that art.
    Hmm. Eleonora Carlini. I knew the name rings a bell. She drew one of the Woman of Marvel stories last year. She drew a nice Feral, but the art wasn't winning me over back then either.

this art may be one of the biggest peeves that i have of this book so far, like it's not the style i tend to like or tolerate at all
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer