Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Xandra was just with Oracle and a very different looking Delphos. Is this the same Imperial Guard character? Was she a villain in disguise the whole time??

Attachment 118637
    I dont think the character design is that much difference. The biggest difference is long hair. The crystal on forehead piece is same, you can see the same type of shoulder pads. The biggest difference is scars on face and longer hair. Even the hir color is close enough that it is not hard to tell they are same.

Astonishing Member

Huh, I seem to be in the minority here but I don't mind the art at all. I don't know if I'm totally sold on it yet but I like that it actually feels like an artist's personal style and like a conscious choice to develop something with a sense of its own personality, as opposed to a lot of the higher profile artists' whose styles have a lot of technical skill but feel kinda....generic, if that makes sense? But then, that's also why I like a lot of Bachalo art whereas I know a ton of people hate it. *Shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I dont think the character design is that much difference. The biggest difference is long hair. The crystal on forehead piece is same, you can see the same type of shoulder pads. The biggest difference is scars on face and longer hair. Even the hir color is close enough that it is not hard to tell they are same.
    She’s green now with scars.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Many of the Imperial Guard characters are well established as holding mantles rather than just being the only character to ever go by a certain name and costume. Like there have been dozens of 'Smashers,' multiple 'Titans,' a couple different 'Nightsides,' etc.

My gut impression is that Delphos could be another legacy codename that's been born at different times by multiple individuals who have happened to all share a particular power or place of origin. And so Delphos the current Guard member could be from the same planet or people or region or just have the same power/responsibility as this Delphos the Red, who is maybe a previous member of the Guard who left it to be part of some other group.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    She’s green now with scars.
    Oh I was looking at the character design. Wouldnt be surprised if they had originally planed them to be same and later changed there mind and thats where the second one comes from with green skin. I wouldnt even be surprised by a name change.

Spectacular Member

I don't LOVE the art style but it's not actually technically bad so I'm willing to give it a go and see if it grows on me.

More excited to see this team function as a real team tbh (and I'm saying this as someone who actually liked the last series...it was definitely the Kate & Emma show mostly though)

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post

i am loving this preview and the art. so much style and vibrancy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

wow that art is way too cartoonish for me. sadly i was really looking forward to this

I'll hold my tongue until I see what they actually do with her, but the art gives me some weird vibes on Cassandra Nova. She's pretty much the only non-Orchis X villain left, and it would be really weird if she got a pass like everyone else considering, you know, Genosha.

Plus they've always been weird about if she's actually a mutant and not some kind of weird shadow monster/evil double of Xavier thing.

Edit: I think I figured it out with the art. The art makes Cassandra Nova look like Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Oh thankfully they are not treating Cassandra Nova like they've been treating Apocalypse, I will take sensible reactions when I can get them.

Of course I'm also just waiting for the moment mutant Red Skull shows up wanting his amnesty as well. He was merged with Xavier's brain, it could happen.

Xandra being a hostage is annoying again.

Not a massive fan of the art, kinda deformed. Anyone know who the lady in the red armor is?
    To be fair in this instance it would have actually made sense if they treated her like they treated Apocalypse considering that when they last left her, they had granted her empathy and with it, she felt remorse for her past actions. Jean even took it amongst herself to help her to atone. So them being so leery is kinda odd.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    To be fair in this instance it would have actually made sense if they treated her like they treated Apocalypse considering that when they last left her, they had granted her empathy and with it, she felt remorse for her past actions. Jean even took it amongst herself to help her to atone. So them being so leery is kinda odd.
    Not really? People aren't monolithic, even if one person like Jean wants to see and believes Cassandra can atone in even just some small way for Genosha now, that doesn't mean other characters have to agree or feel the same way or aren't still eminently justified in going 'yes I can believe Jean did a psychic woowoo on you and now you feel bad but guess what I still think you suck and hate your guts for being a mass murderer cuz sibling rivalry made you do it or whatever.'

Like, Orlando's clearly informed on where we last saw Cassandra, that's obvious from interviews, so this definitely isn't a matter of some kind of continuity gaffe, its just....characters being like yeah regardless of where last we left off with you, we still think you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post

The captain commander of the mutant nation FINNALY using his mutation instead of a gun in action sequences? Yes please!

Also nice to see xandra get more involved with her people.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-23-2022 at 10:55 PM.

when the artist goes into action mode, I love it. Everything else unfortunately not so much. Not my art style. the nose-less faces are too cartoony for me.

I want to know what Cassandra Nova's deal is here after Jean Grey restored her empathy. But won't buy the comic.

Mighty Member

Eh I'm into it. A ig complaint I've had for X-books for a long time is they're terrible at paneling and action and this seems to actually not have that problem. Trying to be too overly serious with a bunch of photo realism just undercuts what X-men are which is superhero comics.

I actually don't mind the art. Compared to the other cartoony artists, the faces are not as ridiculous as David Baldeon's X-Factor or oft-putting like Bob Quinn's Way of X. And the figure work is exaggerated but not unappealing. Maybe it's the stellar coloring in the space panels that's elevating it for me.