Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Default Magneto #10 preview (March to AXIS)

CULLEN BUNN (W) GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA (A) COVERS by DAVID YARDIN
    The March To AXIS Continues!
    • When Magneto discovers that mutants are being hauled away to a re-education camp, he goes to investigate…
    • And when he discovers that the RED SKULL is behind the operation—and in possession of the brain and powers of his deceased ally and friend, Charles Xavier, no less— Magneto becomes determined to shut it down!
    • But can the Master of Magnetism overcome the Red Skull and his terrifying S-Men?
    32 PGS. /Parental Advisory …$ 3.99

http://www.buzzcomics.net/showthread.php?p=1518044

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-29-2014 at 07:29 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

The main event of the year

Artwork is great.

All-New Member

Just waiting for the backlash on here due to the inclusion (presumably in a dream sequence, but not sure) of Pietro, Wanda, Vision, Crystal, I assume baby Luna (so it would have to be a flashback or a dream or whatever) but not Lorna...

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

This is going to be be best part of Axis.

Much like Gillen's Uncanny X-Men during AvX

Magneto vs. Nazis. This is what his solo series should be built around. What could be more satisfying than seeing Magneto horribly maim the Red Skull and his followers? Can't wait to see this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Just waiting for the backlash on here due to the inclusion... of Pietro, Wanda, Vision, Crystal... Luna... but not Lorna...
    Well, I'm a Polaris fan, and at first I was a little taken aback that she was missing - again - from what seemed like a family reunion of sorts. But then I quickly realized that...

... it would have to be a flashback or a dream or whatever...
    ... going by the retro, throwback outfits they're all wearing, and the fact that Luna's just an infant. So I'm OK with it, 'cause technically back then, she wasn't considered a daughter-sister-aunt-family member just yet. Besides, I believe Cullen Bunn has already stated that when he does eventually explore Magneto's strained relationships with his children in the present, Lorna will not be ignored.

I think it's just a matter of time before other writers recognize the beneficial potential of including her too, and are inspired to do so, because of what other creators are doing/have done. The trajectory already looks to be moving in that direction, and editorial mandates be damned, it becoming more accepted by the day seems to be a trend that can't be stopped.

Just waiting for the backlash on here due to the inclusion (presumably in a dream sequence, but not sure) of Pietro, Wanda, Vision, Crystal, I assume baby Luna (so it would have to be a flashback or a dream or whatever) but not Lorna...
    It looks like a memory or flashback of scenes from Vision and Scarlet Witch #4. Wanda & Vision were visiting Attilan (which was on the moon). Magneto had just discovered that the twins were his children & decided to share the good news with them. Lorna wasn't a part of that story, so there's no reason she should be in those scenes. Of course, she might appear elsewhere in the comic. We'll have to wait and see.
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

The Magneto vs. the Red Skull battle should be interesting. But, it looks like Magneto at least short term won't be all that successful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    It looks like a memory or flashback of scenes from Vision and Scarlet Witch #4. Wanda & Vision were visiting Attilan (which was on the moon). Magneto had just discovered that the twins were his children & decided to share the good news with them. Lorna wasn't a part of that story, so there's no reason she should be in those scenes. Of course, she might appear elsewhere in the comic. We'll have to wait and see.
    She won't appear elsewhere in the comic or any other Magneto comic. I know the comic they are taking the flashback from and don't mind them doing it, but at the same time its pretty clear the policy has been since the time Disney took over Marvel that Lorna's family relationships only exist on the comic she is currently on not on AU comics anymore as happened in the past, not on crossovers as happened in the past, and not even on other x-comics that Lorna isn't an ongoing character on.

If Polaris fans are somewhat touchy on the issue as The Observer talked about its because we aren't blind there hasn't been an x-comic that Lorna wasn't currently on or crossover or AU comic were Lorna's parentage has even been mentioned since late 2009, but there certainly was a ton of them before that. Polaris fans for the most part don't expect the Avengers side of things to accept her family relationships going forward, but a return to the way things were back even mid last decade would be nice.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-30-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Magneto vs. the Red Skull battle should be interesting. But, it looks like Magneto at least short term won't be all that successful.
    According to this trailer pretty much:

At 3:23 it looks like Magneto is working for The Skrull. Probably mind controlled. Or at least I hope he is. I really don't want to some contrived reason given by a writer for Magneto working willingly even for a short time with the Red Skull. I also don't want the Axis being used as a reason to make Mags a pure villain again.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    According to this trailer pretty much:

At 3:23 it looks like Magneto is working for The Skrull. Probably mind controlled. Or at least I hope he is. I really don't want to some contrived reason given by a writer for Magneto working willingly even for a short time with the Red Skull. I also don't want the Axis being used as a reason to make Mags a pure villain again.
    I hope is just mind control and not whatever awful thing RedSkull did to poor Avalanche...
    In any case i've the suspect that Red Skull messing wiht Mag mind will lead him to become SkullSlaught/RedOnslaught...Eventually if we have to trust all the leaked material so far, ol Mag will free himself, join forced wiht Doom and Loki(BEST! TEAM-UP! EVER!) forming a sort of Inglorious Bastards to counter Skullslaught cleansing plans.

Lorna probably will be on another memory of Magneto that one is about him meeting his grandaughter and telling Wanda and Pietro he`s their father. The artwork it`s great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine
    I hope is just mind control and not whatever awful thing RedSkull did to poor Avalanche...
    In any case i've the suspect that Red Skull messing wiht Mag mind will lead him to become SkullSlaught/RedOnslaught...Eventually if we have to trust all the leaked material so far, ol Mag will free himself, join forced wiht Doom and Loki(BEST! TEAM-UP! EVER!) forming a sort of Inglorious Bastards to counter Skullslaught cleansing plans.]
    Me too poor Avalanche I agree Red Skull is doing this to become the Red Onslaught. And yay for a Magneto/Dr Doom/Loki team up

This the cover for Magneto #11 btw

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Lorna probably will be on another memory of Magneto that one is about him meeting his grandaughter and telling Wanda and Pietro he`s their father. The artwork it`s great imo.
    She won't be. I have just had to accept that to keep this series on my pull list as if I got my hopes up they would just be dashed.

Politics above Bunn is at play.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-30-2014 at 02:21 PM.

BANNED

I think Bunn has definitely planned for Magneto coming face to face with Lorna, Rogue, and Wanda. He always did. The thing with Lorna is I think Peter David has been building towards a Lorna/Magneto confrontation for a minute. He created that wrinkle out of Magneto overprotecting her as a child...After David, I think Bunn wants a crack at her reaction to his most recent crusades. That's the forecast I see. I don't think Bunn ignoring Lorna at all. He's been pretty smart about continuity as the Scarlet Witch #12 flashback scene in the preview proves.
    Last edited by Doomuniverse; 08-30-2014 at 02:34 PM.

I understand JMC but still this isn`t a done deal imo Bunn likes to addess continuity so he most probably will involve Lorna if not on this issue then after AXIS he already has said so on interviews. From the X-books part I have not seen that Marvel politics Brevroot may have over the Avengers.