I tried to contact the author of the article but only came across this forum. maybe he sees it.^^

I read Julian's article here https://www.cbr.com/pokemon-squirtle-starter-pros-cons/ about the starter and, because I also made a video about it i wanted to share my information that i have come up with, since he
states 3 negatives about Squirtle from which i can destroy 2 of.

He states in point 7 that Squirtle can take on singlehandedly the first gym, but did you know that he can take them on all except Misty? And i don't mean
level up until he's 10 levels above the enemy, but just by having the right moves.

Point 6 is correct, which is why you need a Pikachu, but once you have Dig
You don't need Pikachu anymore. You don't need a ground type, because Squirtle can learn ground type moves including Earthquake as Blastoise. So point 4
is invalid, because Wartortle can use dig to avoid and oneshot .

Point 3 also applies to Sabrina, Giovanni and Koga with Surf and Earthquake.

Point 2, so against Erika is easy, if you buy Ice Beam from the mall and teach it to Blastoise. Ice is effective against Grass and flying types. And most importantly, dragons.

Once you have Surf and the Masterball catch Zapdos and your team is complete and you can defeat the elite 4. I wasn't overleveled agianst them, like level 64 when i beat Blue.

This shows how broken Squirtle is in Red and Blue.