Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Is it possible to resurrect Shard?

Do the Krak Rez Protocols make it possible to bring back Shard? If memory serves, Bishop still has her essence. Isn't that all they need to re-create her?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

No, as they do not have her DNA.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Before the Trail of Magneto that would have been a hard no, but after it might be possible.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

She never had a body in present time to start with, and as a living hologram is hard to tell she had a consciousness to be backed up in cerebro.

If bishop some how kept a lock of her hair as an amulet he had brought together with from the future, everything could be possible though.

Extraordinary Member

I have said this many times when the subject comes up...all they need to do is take her last appearance in Bishop: The Last X-Man when she was shot thru one of Fitzroy's portals and bring her back to current continuity with a physical body.

Astonishing Member

Its honestly not that hard, Shard has existed in the present day as having as much of a consciousness or essence or soul as anyone else Cerebro's scanned from the past or present.....only the fact that she didn't have her physical body in the present day holds them back. But in terms of getting a DNA sample for her, like, they do time travel stories all the time. And given the events of Marauders Annual its pretty much guaranteed upcoming Marauders stories will involve time travel to the past....time travel to various future timelines is just as easy. All you need is one story where present day characters encounter a version of her in the future, take a DNA sample from her then and combine the body made from that with the soul and memories just as likely to be in the Waiting Room/Eldritch Orchard or whatever as any other mutant who died in the past or present....voila, we've got Shard back.

Basically the mechanics of bringing her back should be as easy to handwave or come up with as just about any other resurrection, the only real obstacle to her return is needing some writer to actually prioritize writing that story.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

If her soul is in Wanda's waiting room, then perhaps magic can do the trick.
    My flag is bacon.

Incredible Member

There is Wanda's Waiting Room but you also need to remember that Forge was the one who fixed her holographic projector for Bishop - I'm sure he has a backup copy of her in his lab somewhere.

They've got time travelers, they've got reality warpers, they've got people that can create new bodies either organic or synthetic, they've literally got people that can go to hell and back, so yeah, they can bring back anybody they want.

Some people are just tougher than others.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

But I thought Shard's "essence" was basically just her DNA in light form. It's not just solely her soul/spirit/astral self, or whatever metaphysical term we care to use. It's all of the components that you need, from her DNA to her memories, right?

Extraordinary Member

Once you start making changes to the resurrection process, anything is possible, right? It is not like resurrection did not happen outside of the Krakoan method either.

The only thing I will point out as a sticking point is, have we ever seen any characters like Rachel or Bishop killed and resurrected by Krakoa? My impression is that they have been avoiding dealing with the deaths of AU characters.

Yes. Everything is possible. It just takes a writer WANTING to and be ALLOWED to do it. Everything else is just crafting a story.

Incredible Member

Anyways, with the lack of black characters in xmen lore, she would
    Be a cool character to be added in the current rosters.

Backstory, cool visuals (think Y2K revival) and interesting powerset.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Anyways, with the lack of black characters in xmen lore, she would
    Be a cool character to be added in the current rosters.

Backstory, cool visuals (think Y2K revival) and interesting powerset.
    Ugh right??
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ugh right??
    I’m not a fan, but I could make it work