Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Smith’s is my hands down favorite. She looks…mythological. Like a genuine oracle or priestess, which is on point - given that the era she hails from was obsessed with and gave rise to a lot of our persistent takes on mystical stuff like ritual magical and spiritualism, all wrapped up in Egyptian, Greco-Roman and ‘Oriental’ trappings - and even looks a touch…Norse(?), which is appropriate to the setting, given that Asgard is a LITERAL place, that WOULD influence fashion choices, too. It’s evocative of her past while also still being somehow ‘modern’. (Plus, I love love LOVE the accent of the diaries kept on her person!)
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-27-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Some of those pics make her look younger than I thought she was.

I will admit, I haven't seen the issue when Irene was resurrected. Did they make her younger?

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Some of those pics make her look younger than I thought she was.

I will admit, I haven't seen the issue when Irene was resurrected. Did they make her younger?
    Yep.

I remembered it because someone in the review thread for Inferno #2 commented on it and said something like, "Now I see why Mystique liked her. I get it mama, I do." Idk why but that stuck with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yep.

I remembered it because someone in the review thread for Inferno #2 commented on it and said something like, "Now I see why Mystique liked her. I get it mama, I do." Idk why but that stuck with me.
    It makes total sense why Raven brought back Irene as a younger woman.

What doesn't make sense is Erik returning as a middle-aged man, unless Charles has a mandate that says Magneto should always stay a hot daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Smith’s is my hands down favorite. She looks…mythological. Like a genuine oracle or priestess, which is on point - given that the era she hails from was obsessed with and gave rise to a lot of our persistent takes on mystical stuff like ritual magical and spiritualism, all wrapped up in Egyptian, Greco-Roman and ‘Oriental’ trappings - and even looks a touch…Norse(?), which is appropriate to the setting, given that Asgard is a LITERAL place, that WOULD influence fashion choices, too. It’s evocative of her past while also still being somehow ‘modern’. (Plus, I love love LOVE the accent of the diaries kept on her person!)
    Same (tho Lea Dupic's design isn't uploading for me for some reason).

I think Josh Cornillon's costume works as a great Hellfire Gala look for her.

Fantastic Member

Yep.

Just realized what it is weird that Irene was resurrected young, but still for some reason blind, even thought she wasn't blind originally and lost her eyesight later on during her life. And even if she was blind since birth surely the Five should have been able to change it. So strange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

What doesn't make sense is Erik returning as a middle-aged man, unless Charles has a mandate that says Magneto should always stay a hot daddy!
    Magneto probably likes his current age.

As for Destiny, Mystiwue looks young so they decided they’d look better with a woman who also looks young.

Oh, they definitely made sure that Magneto was younger and in good shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Just realized what it is weird that Irene was resurrected young, but still for some reason blind, even thought she wasn't blind originally and lost her eyesight later on during her life. And even if she was blind since birth surely the Five should have been able to change it. So strange.
    Chances are, either the people in charge did not bother to inform themself about the nature of Irene's blindness, OR it's like with Karma's leg and they don't want to erase representation of people with physical disabilities, even though there should be no beliefable reason for them to remain so with all the super natural means at their disposale (and how much the characters in universe make a big deal of it).

And that's just one can of worm they opened when they made the main characters break the "casual cloning taboo" of super hero comics.
    Last edited by Grunty; 02-28-2022 at 12:08 PM.

Hard pass on almost all of these.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Yep.

thanks for that! Interesting move!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I appreciate all of the various artistic stylings, but I don't know that any of them jumps out at me as the redesign that I'd like to see for Destiny. Drilon's is probably the version that Marvel would go with, but that's not really a redesign as it is a slight reimagining of the original uniform.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The thing that has always got me and is becoming more prominent a thought...how old is she? She's been said to be over 100 and in the Immortal X-Men trailer she's shown with Sinister during the Victorian age. How is she still alive?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As with everything RP related per candidate...there are clearly some personal choices/requests that the RP5 take into consideration (as with Kid Omega who had a list of changes he wanted for his many resurrections)...Erik just loves being a hawtt silver daddy...and I'll never complain about that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The thing that has always got me and is becoming more prominent a thought...how old is she? She's been said to be over 100 and in the Immortal X-Men trailer she's shown with Sinister during the Victorian age. How is she still alive?
    As with the rest of us...healthy diet, moderate exercise and adequate sleep. Plus her X-ceptional Mutant Metabolism (being a mutant does have its health benefits)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!