Default New GI Joe Miniatures game

https://renegadegamestudios.com/g-i-...ssion-critical

Uses the same system as the Power Rangers Heroes of the Grid series

Extraordinary Member

(Looks at price for PR Mini game...)

Yikes!!!!

Look, I never played HeroQuest as a kid. I remember the commercials of course.

I know it was popular and people were happy to have the original game in the form of a remake back.

But it's success means that the are gonna crank out these $100+ games now that they know somebody's actually willing to pay those prices.

I don't remember how much the Original HeroQuest cost back in the day, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 100+ bucks. Yikes.

I have recently gotten pretty hardcore into minis gaming so I may check this out.

I love the idea and I love that the expansions could be pretty endless with all the Joes they have. Price point sucks. I hate that so many of these games are 100 bucks.

I enjoy the gift you get the retro Snake Eyes for a preorder.

The models look really nice. I love the 48MM size. I am painting minis right now for Kings of War and The Walking Dead. They are 28MM and are a bit of a pain at times.

So since it will be awhile before it comes out I may save and get ahold of it. But I really want to see more before i commit
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Yikes!!!!

I know it was popular and people were happy to have the original game in the form of a remake back.

But it's success means that the are gonna crank out these $100+ games now that they know somebody's actually willing to pay those prices.

I don't remember how much the Original HeroQuest cost back in the day, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 100+ bucks. Yikes.
    The Original Hero quest game on its first release was $29.99
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Yikes!!!!

There have been plenty of expensive miniatures games long before Heroquest.

Descent has been more than $100 and it was released in 2005.

CMON regularly does miniatures games more than $100 (It was $700 to get all of the gameplay for Marvel Zombicide)

There's been a market for expensive board games long before HeroQuest's rerelease. Especially when you have 80s nostalgia involved

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Most co-op big box board games with miniatures that I have were all in the 100 to 120 range.

I'm a big fan of the Heroes of the Grid game, but I'm not super into GI Joe. I liked it enough as a kid, but that nostalgia factor isn't there for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    There have been plenty of expensive miniatures games long before Heroquest.

Descent has been more than $100 and it was released in 2005.

CMON regularly does miniatures games more than $100 (It was $700 to get all of the gameplay for Marvel Zombicide)

There's been a market for expensive board games long before HeroQuest's rerelease. Especially when you have 80s nostalgia involved
    I am familiar with Warhammer and I know how expensive that game can get.

What I am not used to is how expensive co op big box board games have gotten. I was mostly a tabletop RPG person (who didn't use minis even then).

When did this happen? With Descent?

It would explain a lot. I didn't know the Descent game existed until maybe last year

I am familiar with Warhammer and I know how expensive that game can get.

What I am not used to is how expensive co op big box board games have gotten. I was mostly a tabletop RPG person (who didn't use minis even then).

When did this happen? With Descent?

It would explain a lot. I didn't know the Descent game existed until maybe last year
    I'm not sure, Descent was already a thing when I got into the hobby. $100 is still pretty expensive today and it's only for those boxes with lots of figures (the faceless minions primarily) and I'm personally of the opinion that it became a larger thing when Kickstarter came around and certain premium experiences became a bigger deal to get people to pledge more money. Most board games retail for closer to $50