Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    This arc sounds like a parody.

If I understand correctly, Batman subconsciously built a robot that has taken over Gotham and defeated pretty much the entire superhero population?
    We are at a point now where Bruce can beat every other hero in his sleep essentially.

Now he's surviving the vacuum of space and re-entry into Earth's atmosphere.

I'm feel like we're waiting for a punchline.
    Right there with you. This arc was ridiculous. I really didn't care for it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This story is nowhere near as high-profile or iconic as the Death of Superman.
    Yeah, I know. That's the point I was making earlier in that Batman doesn't need a Doomsday because you can't outdo Doomsday.

Isn't Bane essentially Batman's Doomsday anyway?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This was...something. I've loved Zdarsky's work for Marvel and have really been looking forward to what he could do with Batman, this was however a little...out there. I was probably about 85% with it until the whole falling from space. Superman...sure. Wonder Woman...ok. Batman? wha...huh?

As for what's next, Jiminez is sure going to be missed. Hawthorne is alright I guess. His Wonder Woman in WW:Evolution was just ugly.

So is Zdarsky going to continue to use Tim? I hope so, he needs some kind of decent representation.

What... in the BLUE HELL.... was that?

That was the single dumbest thing I've ever read.

To be honest, this arc kind of lost me when they showed the Termi-bat controlling Barbara through her technology to keep an eye on the city. And even before that, I hated that they built off the Tower of Babel story- where plans created by Batman to take out members of the Justice League are taken by Ra's and used to take them out- by having Batman subconsciously build something that could take himself out if necessary, and have that ALSO be able to take out members of the League. It's like he learned nothing from that. And anyway, I thought the whole point of THAT story was that the Justice League itself was the failsafe to take out Bruce if he ever went rogue?

But yeah, opening this with Batman surviving the trip from the Moon back to Earth (which should take days) wearing nothing more than his costume and a flimsy oxygen mask, and then have him SURVIVE RE-ENTRY, and then have him able to glide down on a cape that HASN'T burned away and land SAFELY (if hard) on the ground, and have him still be able to fight that Bat-sentry straight out of Chopping Mall... was the most ri-goddang-diculous thing I've ever read. Just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Yeah, Failsafe (and presumably the next arc) are explicitly pre-Dark Crisis, so Batman can't stay "dead" for long. It's entirely possible DC didn't think this through though.
    DC not thinking things through? NAHHHHHHHH!

This arc sounds like a parody.

If I understand correctly, Batman subconsciously built a robot that has taken over Gotham and defeated pretty much the entire superhero population?
    We are at a point now where Bruce can beat every other hero in his sleep essentially.

Now he's surviving the vacuum of space and re-entry into Earth's atmosphere.

I'm feel like we're waiting for a punchline.
    I thought Punchline had her own book? *rimshot*

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Considering Doomsday is still being used after his high point in killing Superman, what makes you think they wouldn't reuse a villain modeled after him?
    Because he's terrible?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Because he's terrible?
    Good luck convincing Zdarsky of that.

Basically. Because he broke him and lead to a replacement storyline.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

When I was reading I kinda assumed Failsafe would turn out to be Amazo (previews were already mentioning it going against the JL). I guess that's looking increasingly less likely with each issue.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Either I am going to have to do....(Minor spoiler)

1. Research if it's possible for Batman to survive a fall from space, with his suit protecting him from burning up in the atmosphere, while he somehow is able to navigate the trajectory to land in the Artic, near the fortress of solitude??? (Plus being able to survive the cold) or

2. I am going to have to wear a paper bag over my head for publicly supporting Zdarsky.

Anyone have the answers for the questions above, let me know.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Reading the comments... Chip s DD fell apart quickly. Looks like his Batman doesn t even begin well. Sigh. Completist, though. Masochistic and tradewaiting.

Incredible Member

I was thinking that myself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Either I am going to have to do....(Minor spoiler)

1. Research if it's possible for Batman to survive a fall from space, with his suit protecting him from burning up in the atmosphere, while he somehow is able to navigate the trajectory to land in the Artic, near the fortress of solitude??? (Plus being able to survive the cold) or

2. I am going to have to wear a paper bag over my head for publicly supporting Zdarsky.

Anyone have the answers for the questions above, let me know.

I was ok in the beginning with this storyline . But yesterday when I saw that Batman was able to make it back to Earth on his own , it just didn't make any sense . Of course Superhero characters do the impossible . But this was just too far . If it was a character with some sort of Super power , then it's possible . Couldn't Zdarsky have used a GL to get Bruce back to Earth ? And Superman losing a 2nd time to Failsafe , a little too much . One thing that I did like was Tim as Robin , that really was the only good thing about this arc .
    Being a damn Batman completist , yeah I'll give the next story a chance as usual . But Batman needs to stay on Earth !