Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1188

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    not sure but I'm supposing Batman and Robin happens after this whole Zur thing otherwise it means that work and progress we seen Williamson put into repairing Bruce and Damian's relationship is instantly erased by Zardasky's story.

That would be asinine.
    Wouldn't be first or second time.

not sure but I'm supposing Batman and Robin happens after this whole Zur thing otherwise it means that work and progress we seen Williamson put into repairing Bruce and Damian's relationship is instantly erased by Zardasky's story.

That would be asinine.
    Yeah, that was what I wanted to say as well, but couldn't find the way to word it in a way that made sense (English isn't my native language), so thank you

DC still uses their version of Harley to this day, comics, animation, movies, video games. So someone likes it.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

That would be asinine.
    The best way to see it is like this: only the good stories "matter". Batman and Robin is good, so it "matters", Batman and Detective are pretty bad so they don't "matter".
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I mean prefer whoever you want but its not a question of personal taste.

Its just problems with how the character is written, and this is the problems encircling Harley's character and there is a lot of pushback to her character in recent memory. Granted a good deal of it is probably sexism, but Deadpool has not done anything as controversial as stuff like soloing the Trinity in Heroes in Crisis or spoilers:
    executing Batman
    end of spoilers in the Suicide Squad game.
    And this is just it. Wade can be every bit as annoying and over exposed, but it seems like he gets a free pass every time. It's infuriating.

Deadpool can be annoying, but I think at this point currently Harley is the more overexposed and controversial character of the 2 generating more inflammatory reactions than Wade does.
    I have to disagree on this one. If I see one more article about that upcoming movie IDK what I'll do (especially since the previous two were so mid).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    And this is just it. Wade can be every bit as annoying and over exposed, but it seems like he gets a free pass every time. It's infuriating.
    I was recently just reading Deadpool by Alyssa Wong and there was literally only like two characters in it that didn't find him annoying or want to kill him .
    I have to disagree on this one. If I see one more article about that upcoming movie IDK what I'll do (especially since the previous two were so mid).
    Well, I guess if you aren't a fan in general that might be part of it?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

What Deadpool story have you read?

The Duggan run for one ended with him making a host of bad choices and completely imploding his relationships with the hero community, going back to being a despised anti-hero.

He does not get a free pass, that is factually incorrect, there is no way to go about this or interpret it.

Also the Deadpool movies are popular, not sure what to tell you there. First one made nearly 800 million and the second one the same, meanwhile Harley's Birds of Prey made 200 million.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The best way to see it is like this: only the good stories "matter". Batman and Robin is good, so it "matters", Batman and Detective are pretty bad so they don't "matter".
    I'm pretty sure DC feels the bigger seller is the one who matters.

At the end, it isn't really so important. It isn't uncommon that superheroes are doing things that contradict each other in two different comics.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm trying my best

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure DC feels the bigger seller is the one who matters.

At the end, it isn't really so important. It isn't uncommon that superheroes are doing things that contradict each other in two different comics.
    I'm not terribly interested in what sells better, just what is the better story and both the plot and character progression are much better in Batman and Robin than in Batman.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

No. Just no. Uncanny Avengers and his solo had a great storyline about Wade earning his redemption, then ruining it, then getting it back. I don't see Harley having done half the work Wade did to gain forgiveness for what she did (I will say lately they've been trying harder) but you really can't compare the two. Now I don't consistently read Harley so if she's had moments in her own titles I might have missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    No. Just no. Uncanny Avengers and his solo had a great storyline about Wade earning his redemption, then ruining it, then getting it back. I don't see Harley having done half the work Wade did to gain forgiveness for what she did (I will say lately they've been trying harder) but you really can't compare the two. Now I don't consistently read Harley so if she's had moments in her own titles I might have missed them.
    At best she was on a government wetworks team to earn a lighter sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    To her credit I hear she is currently doing prison-mandated community service where she is teaching psychology students.

So she is taking some steps there.

Extraordinary Member

What Deadpool story have you read?
    Enough to know. I've been reading about the character since his first appearance in NM #98.

He does not get a free pass, that is factually incorrect, there is no way to go about this or interpret it.
    I'm mostly talking about fandom, tbh.

Also the Deadpool movies are popular, not sure what to tell you there. First one made nearly 800 million and the second one the same, meanwhile Harley's Birds of Prey made 200 million.
    At the beginning of a world-wide pandemic. It's similar to when people argue that James Gunn's Suicide Squad was a flop, too, when it categorically wasn't.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Enough to know. I've been reading about the character since his first appearance in NM #98.

I'm mostly talking about fandom, tbh.

At the beginning of a world-wide pandemic. It's similar to when people argue that James Gunn's Suicide Squad was a flop, too, when it categorically wasn't.
    And plenty of Harley fans give her the pass too. Every character's fandom does that, its not unique.

Also the Birds of Prey movie released far enough before the pandemic and it opened to a measly 30 million in the US. It did not get a big opening.