Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New weekly story ‘The Joker Year One’ coming to ‘Batman’ in February 2024: https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/16/th...man-dc-comics/

Fantastic Member

so is joker year one the main story or the back up? if its the main story then thats 3 issues I can skip.
    $5 for a weekly joker book aint happening DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New weekly story ‘The Joker Year One’ coming to ‘Batman’ in February 2024: https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/16/th...man-dc-comics/
    They're really dragging this out.

"Did you ever wonder what happened between Joker falling into a vat of chemicals and Batman: The Man Who Laughs?" - said no one ever.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    so is joker year one the main story or the back up? if its the main story then thats 3 issues I can skip.
    $5 for a weekly joker book aint happening DC.
    Main story.

Fantastic Member

Main story.
    that's disappointing but oh well, that's $15 I can save now
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Fantastic Member

Oh my god. DC, please stop it. We don't need 50 different mediocre stories featuring Joker every year.

The worst thing is its not even the goofy, funny Joker with wacky gadgets and deathtraps. Its just the generic societyman Joker who simply shoots anyone in sight and then rants about chaos or some other pretentious shit.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

That is why I roll my eyes every time they do a Joke story because he is not really scarey anymore, Joker was dangerous and scary because he is an unknown. I'll be excited if it was the condiment king or the calendar man.

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    That is why I roll my eyes every time they do a Joke story because he is not really scarey anymore, Joker was dangerous and scary because he is an unknown. I'll be excited if it was the condiment king or the calendar man.
    Calendar Man was badly misused at the start of Rebirth . . .

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Zdarsky really doing a speedrun to take the title of Racoon from Johns, can't he write anything original?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Zdarsky really doing a speedrun to take the title of Racoon from Johns, can't he write anything original?
    What does "Racoon" mean?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    What does "Racoon" mean?
    It's a reference to something Moore said in an interview shortly after Blackest Night got published

I was noticing that DC seems to have based one of its latest crossovers [Blackest Night] in Green Lantern based on a couple of eight-page stories that I did 25 or 30 years ago. I would have thought that would seem kind of desperate and humiliating, When I have said in interviews that it doesn't look like the American comic book industry has had an idea of its own in the past 20 or 30 years, I was just being mean. I didn't expect the companies concerned to more or less say, "Yeah, he's right. Let's see if we can find another one of his stories from 30 years ago to turn into some spectacular saga." It's tragic. The comics that I read as a kid that inspired me were full of ideas. They didn't need some upstart from England to come over there and tell them how to do comics. They'd got plenty of ideas of their own. But these days, I increasingly get a sense of the comics industry going through my trashcan like raccoons in the dead of the night.
    The original interview is gone but here is an article about it
    https://comicsalliance.com/alan-moor...edium=referral

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're really dragging this out.

"Did you ever wonder what happened between Joker falling into a vat of chemicals and Batman: The Man Who Laughs?" - said no one ever.
    Tom King just finished a new version of Batman and Joker's first encounter in Brave and the Bold. I wonder how this will sync up (or not) with that story.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Tom King just finished a new version of Batman and Joker's first encounter in Brave and the Bold. I wonder how this will sync up (or not) with that story.
    I'm sure we'll get another one by the next writer!

Why they're already redoing Poison Ivy's origin for the umpteenth time in February!

Why they're already redoing Poison Ivy's origin for the umpteenth time in February!
    Gotta get those origin stories in trade for when The Batman II arrives in 2025.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Speaks about the stagnancy and repetitiveness of superhero comics that they are still doing origin stories of mainstream villains 60 years after they appeared.

Not only are there no new villains but also no new stories involving old villains.