Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I feel like the dinner scene tries too hard to have the group all chummy.

Which I get the intent to have them all bond but it feels too much when even the more antisocial characters like Jason and Damian are doing cheesy stuff like Sunday dinners.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I feel like the dinner scene tries too hard to have the group all chummy.

Which I get the intent to have them all bond but it feels too much when even the more antisocial characters like Jason and Damian are doing cheesy stuff like Sunday dinners.
    I liked it a ton. And other comics have had similar scenes in the past few years.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I loved the dinner scene. The family are close these days so to me no problem. Jason has mellowed and been with the Robin's recently so I like this part. And Damien too. And yeah Tim looked to young kinda similar as he was drawn in his ongoing meh. I loved seeing all sidekicks together even the Signal
    X-Men Forever

I guess it's just to me that the family stuff is so inconsistent or it's just so rare that it's hard to really feel something from it.

Astonishing Member

Oh, cool, the run of Batman I was quite enjoying is carrying on! A nice change after months and months of uninteresting multiversal filler.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I mean going even further back. Am I expecting too much?
    I just don't know what you're expecting, Zur en Ah is from a while back. What more would there be?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Finally got a chance to read issue #126 and was pretty pleased. Bruce still seems ... off, but that's not an unwelcome development. His character could benefit from questioning himself a little more often. The dinner with the family at the end was most welcome.
    Keep your hands to yourself, leave other people's things alone, and be kind to one another.

Incredible Member

Pretty decent issue. I liked how grounded it was after the overblown shenanigans of multiversal travel.

The artwork was pretty good, especially with the mirroring of panels from "serene meditating Batman" to "disturbed Batman".

Having the Batfamily together is always welcome, but I definitely was thrown by Tim/Steph behaving like the fan-fiction that became canon or Batman vs Robin both didn't just happen the past year. But, those are minor nitpicks in the meta sense, and not story sense.

I also didn't like that Zur-en-ah appears to be an ongoing plot device as opposed to a one-off. But, like another poster said, if it become a way for Batman to do more self-reflecting, than I am all for that.
    Last edited by lefthanded; 06-09-2023 at 05:00 PM.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just don't know what you're expecting, Zur en Ah is from a while back. What more would there be?
    I think I'm just stuck in the 90's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Having the Batfamily together is always welcome, but I definitely was thrown by Tim/Steph behaving like the fan-fiction that became canon or Batman vs Robin both didn't just happen the past year. But, those are minor nitpicks in the meta sense, and not story sense.
    Tim and Steph are on good terms, and Batman vs Robin ended with Damian reconciling with Bruce and returning to Gotham. There are no inconsistencies here, they're all fine with each other at the moment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Tim and Steph are on good terms, and Batman vs Robin ended with Damian reconciling with Bruce and returning to Gotham. There are no inconsistencies here, they're all fine with each other at the moment.
    Time and Steph we’re never on bad terms

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Time and Steph we’re never on bad terms
    Well, things were a little awkward between them until they got back on good terms in the most awkward way possible.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, things were a little awkward between them until they got back on good terms in the most awkward way possible.
    A little awkward? Tim dumped her without a reason, acted like an asshole to her, and then ghosted her. That's pretty dickish especially in light of how he knew how hard it was for her to deal with his "death" in Rebirth.

but after ONE quick convo after he met her again by accident after her life was in danger everything was a-okay.....(you're right about it being the most akward way possible).

But I guess this means they can get back together with no issue whatsover if a writer chooses so.

Incredible Member

I wonder how long will it be before the Batfamily finds out that Bruce lost his right hand ?
    Also it'll be interesting how it affects him going forward . Will his artificial hand be much stronger ?
    Who will know first ? I'm betting on Babs , she's maybe the smartest in the bunch .
    Well Superman will know right away when they meet up .

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

What's the opinion on this run so far, worth reading or not? How does it stack up to Morrison or Snyder? I don't wanna use King as a measuring stick as it wouldn't take much to better than that "Bat and Cat" cringe crap
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.