Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

I enjoyed the issue, can't wait to see what's coming up next from Chip. Not happy about the whole hand thing.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I enjoyed the issue, can't wait to see what's coming up next from Chip. Not happy about the whole hand thing.
    Yeah the hand thing kinda mirrors Alfred losing his hand to Joker, that must have been design

Hell of an issue. The missing hand obviously won't last for very long, though I expected them to bring Alfred sooner as well and they still haven't done that.

I still don't get the whole thing about Bruce thinking he would have no real purpose if he married and had a kid, and AU Selina calling him out on it, when it was his Selina who left him at the altar for that exact reason. She talks about him being judgmental of Prime Selina, when she was the one who chose not to marry him precisely because she thought he had a bigger purpose than settling down.

Either way, the Adam West Batman cameo was my favorite. Of course he's the only one better prepared than Prime Batman. lol

Incredible Member

Fun issue, just for the cameos but it wasn't well paced. This could have been a two issue thing about Batman in the other universes, instead of shoving everything into one issue. It was pretty underwhelming that the sprint to get Red Mask just ends with .... one knock out punch.

Art-wise, pretty amazing how they captured the disparate appearances of Batman. Michael Keaton, Arkham, etc.

Incredible Member

Surprisingly great issue. Definitely one of the best of the run.

Obviously, all of the Multiverse hopping was fun. Enjoyed seeing all of the different Batmen. Pretty cool twist making Red Mask the origin of the other universes Jokers. Did not really understand any of the science or reasoning behind The Red Masks plot though. Multiversal gas? He is capable of reviving other Jokers? That part of the plot felt pretty rushed.

cool issue like seeing the different batman. Idk what they want to do with Alfred like its clear DC want to revive him but they keep holding back wish they would just stop with the teasing and let him stay dead
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Surprisingly great issue. Definitely one of the best of the run.

Obviously, all of the Multiverse hopping was fun. Enjoyed seeing all of the different Batmen. Pretty cool twist making Red Mask the origin of the other universes Jokers. Did not really understand any of the science or reasoning behind The Red Masks plot though. Multiversal gas? He is capable of reviving other Jokers? That part of the plot felt pretty rushed.
    Also further sets up the multiple Jokers in Bruce’s nightmares in the beginning of the run too. I assume that scene of 3 Jokers walking away when Red Masks realizes he creates Jokers wasn’t an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Also further sets up the multiple Jokers in Bruce’s nightmares in the beginning of the run too. I assume that scene of 3 Jokers walking away when Red Masks realizes he creates Jokers wasn’t an accident.
    Same. I actually thought this was a pretty clever issue. It explains the many many Jokers throughout the multiverse, shows why Batman killing the Joker isn’t the answer, shows how curing him wouldn’t help as sane Joker is still dangerous, and he even explains the appeal of the Joker from a meta context. Ending was a little abrupt but it was a fun read.

All-New Member

OK maybe I'm dense, why were so many Zur-En-Arrh's shown on the last page. I get that that Batman was used early on in order to stop Failsafe but Bruce took back his personality from Zur-En-Arrh preventing him to do what it took to shut down Failsafe for good.

Maybe Bruce returning back home thanks to Tim who found him be utilizing the Zur-En-Arrh personality in the meantime? That and Failsafe may be out of panel but I figure he'll detect Bruce is back thanks to Tim and just hunt him down again.

I'm just trying to understand that last page and my guess is those Zur-En-Arrh's will take place in universes that Red Mask's jokers are still running amok, or could be an entirely different reason that I most certainly missed. May just be a tribute to an extremely rare Batman persona since this is Batman #900 anyway. Either way, pretty scary to see that many Zur-En-Arrh's.

(edit): After re-reading the entire issue again. I think it's going to be all of those Zur-En-Arrh's will become a problem for Prime Batman in the near future.
    Last edited by a2542; 05-03-2023 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by a2542 View Post
    OK maybe I'm dense, why were so many Zur-En-Arrh's shown on the last page. I get that that Batman was used early on in order to stop Failsafe but Bruce took back his personality from Zur-En-Arrh preventing him to do what it took to shut down Failsafe for good.

Maybe Bruce returning back home thanks to Tim who found him be utilizing the Zur-En-Arrh personality in the meantime? That and Failsafe may be out of panel but I figure he'll detect Bruce is back thanks to Tim and just hunt him down again.

I'm just trying to understand that last page and my guess is those Zur-En-Arrh's will take place in universes that Red Mask's jokers are still running amok, or could be an entirely different reason that I most certainly missed. May just be a tribute to an extremely rare Batman persona since this is Batman #900 anyway. Either way, pretty scary to see that many Zur-En-Arrh's.

(edit): After re-reading the entire issue again. I think it's going to be all of those Zur-En-Arrh's will become a problem for Prime Batman in the near future.
    Remember how Batman was mentally linked to all the other Batmen he met? Either he infected all the other Batmen with their own Zurrs, similar to how Red Mask made all the Jokers more dangerous, or all the Zurrs body jumped into Batman’s head, and are waiting to take over.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Remember how Batman was mentally linked to all the other Batmen he met? Either he infected all the other Batmen with their own Zurrs, similar to how Red Mask made all the Jokers more dangerous, or all the Zurrs body jumped into Batman’s head, and are waiting to take over.
    this was my understanding as well, just as Red Mask made Jokers more deranged so did Batman to the other Batmen.

I don't know if the other Zurrs jumped into Batman's head, but it would be cool that if he could pull their expertise in whenever he needed them similar to Aang from Avatar or Ben 10

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah, after my re-read of it, I came to the same conclusions. Personally I think it's Zur going to infect all those other Batmans/Batmen as before Bruce got kicked into the portal, he thought to himself that Zur's prescence was getting stronger within him, and Batman Beyond Bruce told him about how they're all mentally linked to each other due to Red Mask's multiversal energy.

It'd be one hell of a time for Prime Bruce/Batman to deal with just a single Zur-En-Arrh, imagine dealing with a whole bunch of them.

Either way, for the issue itself, it was a pleasant surprise, so many different Batmen and the artists did an amazing job depicting them while still sticking to the story.
    Last edited by a2542; 05-03-2023 at 11:29 AM.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

How will he get his hand back?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    How will he get his hand back?
    Maybe he can get a harpoon instead of a hand?

I haven't been too impressed with Zdarsky on Batman. But #900 is the best Batman issue I read in a long time.