Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Chip Zdarsky and Jorge Jimenez taking over Batman after issue 125

Extraordinary Member

Beginning with issue 125, not after 125.

Edit: so he'll be writing Batman and Daredevil at the same time then? Will be fun to compare.
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-24-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Cool. Let's see what he has in store.
    And with some focus on Tim Drake, thats good, he really need it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The way Tim will be forever stuck as Robin because DC has no idea what to do with him lol but good for him, maybe it can lead to something bigger.
    I don't think I have ever read anything by Zdarsky, but I heard good things about his writing.

BANNED

Bruce and Tim again. Party like it's 90!

Batman and Red Batman at the same time? Zdarsky living the dream.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Shortest main Batman writer ever .

In all seriousness, with Dark Crisis ramping up, it felt like Williamson was way too busy to be writing Batman of all things, and Zdarsky seems like he's mainly at DC for anything Bat-related so...not too surprising.

I'm actually kind of surprised Zdarsky is writing a flagship book for the Big Two again because it seems like he was kind of transitioning away from that. Although it's kind of funny he's writing both Batman and Daredevil at the same time. I think he'll do a solid job at least.

It's also kind of ironic that Williamson just brought Bruce and Damian back together only for Zdarsky to just bring Tim back as Bruce's Robin. Not that I mind, just kind of random.

I wonder how long this run might go for considering it's ultimately building up to taking Bruce off the board for Dark Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Beginning with issue 125, not after 125.

I'd kinda like Tim being Robin when Damian is still around to be addressed and clarified, hopefully by becoming Red Robin again, but we could always use more Tim in the world.

Astonishing Member

Well there goes my resolved to lessen my pull list in trying to be more responsible with my finances?

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post

I'd kinda like Tim being Robin when Damian is still around to be addressed and clarified, hopefully by becoming Red Robin again, but we could always use more Tim in the world.
    It really is kind of weird timing coming off Shadow War that finally has Bruce and Damian back together and Damian with the Robin solo.

Is Williamson still writing that?

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I don't think I have ever read anything by Zdarsky, but I heard good things about his writing.
    I'm sure I'm the 100th person to tell you this, but his Daredevil is really good. Don't think I've read any of his other writing, but Daredevil-to-Batman seems like a no-brainer transition.

His art for Sex Criminals is first-rate, too. It's always the right time for a Sex Criminals plug.

Anyway, I was a fan of Snyder's and King's runs, but dropped because Tynion's work leaves me a little cold. Now I might have to add this back to my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It really is kind of weird timing coming off Shadow War that finally has Bruce and Damian back together and Damian with the Robin solo.

Is that what's going on? I'm not really keeping tabs on the bat fam these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm sure he'll continue that on in Robin. Bruce and Damian finally getting back together is more of a Damian story anyway, so having it take place on the main Bat-book over the long term might've turned some people off.

Oh. This is something I was expecting to eventually happen.
    Yessss. Batman going streetlevel, again.
    And I know it's not about something street level. But his writing is always about people and what happens to them, not about epic stories with people that happen to have a role in it. So, well, maybe grounded is a better word for it?

Finally!
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-24-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Isn’t Bruce suppose to be dead?