Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...JL jobbing confirmed?
    Hopefully there's a bit more to it. After that cliffhanger last issue promising an heroic moment for Supes, come on, you have to deliver on something.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    what time can i post spoilers on tuesday? i already got it written up..
    Will it disappoint DC fan or both batman and dc fans?

Astonishing Member

Could someone in the American comic book industry please have a new idea already. This is just sad.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Default Batman #128 spoilers*** with back up story

spoilers:
    Fail safe fights Superman & cuts him with a Kryptonite. Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, & Martian Manhunter appear & attack failsafe. Batman pulls the Kryptonite out of Supe’s chest to save him. Robin rescues & takes the JL airship with Batman & Superman. The others stay to fight but failsafe retrieves & heads to Gotham. Note: Takes place before Dark Crisis* Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, & Martian Manhunter fight failsafe in Gotham. Failsafe lures them all to a part of Gotham that is designed to stop them all. Nightwing interferes to try to save them. Back on the JL plane Batman knows failsafe is coming for him & Superman is dying from internal bleeding. Batman falls into the ocean & lands in Atlantis. Aquaman wakes Bruce he’s been asleep for 2 weeks. Gotham had fallen. Failsafe takes over Gotham. His robots run the streets, most of the bat family captured, Oracle is in a cerebro like helmet. Everyone thinks Batman is dead. Failsafe shines the bat signal & blows it up. He creates his own bat signal for Batman to come to Gotham.
    end of spoilers

BACK UP STORY SPOILERS

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    spoilers:
    Fail safe fights Superman & cuts him with a Kryptonite. Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, & Martian Manhunter appear & attack failsafe. Batman pulls the Kryptonite out of Supe’s chest to save him. Robin rescues & takes the JL airship with Batman & Superman. The others stay to fight but failsafe retrieves & heads to Gotham. Note: Takes place before Dark Crisis* Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, & Martian Manhunter fight failsafe in Gotham. Failsafe lures them all to a part of Gotham that is designed to stop them all. Nightwing interferes to try to save them. Back on the JL plane Batman knows failsafe is coming for him & Superman is dying from internal bleeding. Batman falls into the ocean & lands in Atlantis. Aquaman wakes Bruce he’s been asleep for 2 weeks. Gotham had fallen. Failsafe takes over Gotham. His robots run the streets, most of the bat family captured, Oracle is in a cerebro like helmet. Everyone thinks Batman is dead. Failsafe shines the bat signal & blows it up. He creates his own bat signal for Batman to come to Gotham.
    end of spoilers
    Okay so another spoilers:
    City of Bane/Joker War/Fear State storyline
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay so another spoilers:
    City of Bane/Joker War/Fear State storyline
    end of spoilers
    yeah basically.. i enjoyed it. artwork is great.

future state is born here

Yeah just read it and yeah calling it underwhelming it the best way to call it

spoilers:
    jobber league because it a batman book. So too bad for those who got hype last issue this is 2020s Dc

Frankenstein every plotline since the last years; future state, city of bane, joker war ect ect

Failsafe is still just OMAC with a bat theme paint job which would be a cool surprise if it turn out to be the revel villain but it most likely not the case. Still it just weird bruce would be stupid to build a droid with all the contingency plans. But hey at this point it just the status quo for bruce to be both batgod and a bumbling idiot to not come off as a gary stu
    end of spoilers

Honestly next issue going to be the judgement of whether im going to continue because while the art is god tier i really don't want to continue with the same exact plot of "criticizing" batman while still seemingly trying to batwank

It just awkward and no one wins not even bruce fans who has to watch him be incompetent for the majority of the arc
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 10-04-2022 at 03:55 AM.

I think this issue confirms that we will have a relauch, and maybe Dark Crisis does more than we expected, here is the birth of Future State.
    It may not be perfectly connected, but that's the way it is.

Incredible Member

Failsafe seems rather over powered to say the least especially in strength terms. Art is good but worried it won’t be able to stick the landing story wise.

How many times Bruce will create a Doomsday scenario just because he is paranoid? First Tower of Babel, then Brother I and now Failsafe.

Looks like the problem is you, Bruce, not the others.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    How many times Bruce will create a Doomsday scenario just because he is paranoid? First Tower of Babel, then Brother I and now Failsafe.

Looks like the problem is you, Bruce, not the others.
    Sounds like there s no reason for me to pick up the HC now. Not a fan of Bruce being a jerk. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Sounds like there s no reason for me to pick up the HC now. Not a fan of Bruce being a jerk. Again.
    There's a lot going on before an HC, and Bruce hasn't been a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    There's a lot going on before an HC, and Bruce hasn't been a jerk.
    Yeah, funnily enough he is not a jerk in this. He is actually been pretty nice.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, funnily enough he is not a jerk in this. He is actually been pretty nice.
    Getting your ass beat by the literal manifestation of the contingency plan gave him a new perspective

last time all he got was telling Alfred to re-burry his parents corpses