Page 39 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

So what are the odds we're going to see Gotham get taken over again in Zdarsky's run? It's a yearly tradition at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Trying to figure out how the Failsafe story got so out of hand that the JL had to come in and get bodied. Batman, R. Robin and Superman fighting at the manor and the same solution from the Fortress fight could've been applied.

Zdarsky still has me interested especially with the back ups so I'm sticking around.
    The Justice League should not have shown up in that arc. And if they had to, they should've just destroyed Failsafe and made Batman feel about how his constant screw-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So what are the odds we're going to see Gotham get taken over again in Zdarsky's run? It's a yearly tradition at this point.

The Justice League should not have shown up in that arc. And if they had to, they should've just destroyed Failsafe and made Batman feel about how his constant screw-ups.
    Guess we'll find out in a month or so when they reveal to us what Knight Terrors will be. I assume it's going to be a Batman event based on the name. Probably the Batman arc after the current one.

Bruce is gone again and while Nightwing seems to be focused on keeping everything together if I remember correctly (even though he should be busy with Blüdhaven and the Titans?) it wouldn't be suprising if only Bruce can take back his city from the criminals that have taken charge since he disappeared...for the nth time.

They should really stop with these annual batman summer events. They are way too similar and take forever to finish.

Edit tenchar
    Last edited by Holt; 02-13-2023 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Nah, it's not that it has ingredients I was looking for...it's exactly as I said, there is just no reason for this story to be as long as it is. If this were a four part story I'd have zero complaints that some beats were overly familiar because at 16 bucks a decent story(even if it's similar to others we had in the past) is still a good value. But at what looks to be a ten or possibly twelve part story the price tag jumps to 40-48 bucks and for that price it needs to be more than decent, it has to be top ten best and it just isn't.
    I sort of see his teleportation to this different universe as new story arche to its own that may have implications down the road, but if he gets back to earth and immediately takes on Failsafe then yes....than its one long story arch.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I sort of see his teleportation to this different universe as new story arche to its own that may have implications down the road, but if he gets back to earth and immediately takes on Failsafe then yes....than its one long story arch.
    He will, it's already been mentioned in the Tim back up that failsafe is still out there. Heck, it would actually be worse if it wasn't a continuation as then there would have been no conclusion whatsoever to the Failsafe story which would be a bigger kick in the teeth after 6 issues.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-14-2023 at 04:55 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    He will, it's already been mentioned in the Tim back up that failsafe is still out there. Heck, it would actually be worse if it wasn't a continuation as then there would have been no conclusion whatsoever to the Failsafe story which would be a bigger kick in the teeth after 6 issues.
    Hmmm, I don't mind if we don't see Failsafe for a while and he returns to the picture 5 to 6 months out. I'd like to get around to some classic rogues, Riddler, Scarecrow ect.

I haven’t seen anyone discuss it, but Chip Zdarsky will be doing a signing tour across Canada starting in April and through the entirety of May. I’m excited to have the opportunity to meet him.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I haven’t seen anyone discuss it, but Chip Zdarsky will be doing a signing tour across Canada starting in April and through the entirety of May. I’m excited to have the opportunity to meet him.
    Oh that is cool, hope you get to meet him

Also the May solicits reveal some info about when this arc should end

spoilers:
    BATMAN #135/#900
    It’s Batman versus Red Mask in a brutal Gotham that’s never known hope! Can the Dark Knight overcome the terrifying infection that Red Mask has unleashed? Only one thing is certain: he won’t be able to do it alone.

The conclusion to the bestselling “The Bat-Man of Gotham” is so big it could only be contained in an oversize #900 anniversary issue featuring the return of fan-favorite artist Jorge Jiménez and a wild collection of guest stars! Full of wild revelations and a new path for Batman, this is one issue you won’t want to miss!
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh that is cool, hope you get to meet him

Also the May solicits reveal some info about when this arc should end

So this thing will top out at ten issues. Man, what a crazy amount of filler.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

read 133 the other day GREAT ISSUE..

stuff really gets moving.. issue reminded of the dark knight rises movie. especially aflreds and bat-man conversation

https://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive...orne-redesign/

Mike Hawthorne did a new design for Bruce's current Batsuit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

That's the one thing with Batman, artists can come up with so many variations of the Batsuit .
    Also Zdarsky is Not telling a Batman story in the main Universe . He's telling a Batman story in like an Elseworlds type of story .
    I guess that was the only way that DC was able to get him to write the main Batman book .

I'm really curious how long this all lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really curious how long this all lasts.
    I would think once Bruce is back in his regular reality he can go back to his regular costume?

Extraordinary Member

One additional preview page here.