Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

By Gabriele Dell’Otto

By Jock

Batman always gets great covers .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batman always gets great covers .
    Now if we could say the same thing regarding the writing . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Geoff Johns in an interview that was uploaded on the official DC Youtube channel stated that if the fans liked the story and considered it canon then DC would make it canon. However, since everyone despises it, they should not make it canon.
    Not everyone hates it, you're the first person I've heard really bad mouth it.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Also, please define "sold pretty well".

Does that mean a lot of individual people each bought a copy?

Does it mean there might have been people buying multiple copies to get the variant covers as well?

Does that mean stores ordered a lot of copies, but we have no clue as to how many of those copies were sold?

Hell, I bought the three issues, and while the first issue was intriguing, after that the only thing really good about #2 and #3 was the artwork.
    Most likely this.

Because I have seen that book in way too many 25 cent to $1 bins at stores and comic cons. Way too many.

Same with Doomsday Clock and a few of the last DC events leading up to the JL going on vacation.

So if this is the case-you got a lot of folks buying it but NOT at cover price but at whatever price that has it.

The last con I went to a guy was trying to GIVE copies away. Buy 1 book at a dollar and get one free. He still had copies left over-he did clear out Bendis's Superman & Legion books.

BANNED

Spoilers for a major character in the run to come

spoilers:
    So remember Danny Devito's Penguin/Catwoman story? Well, Penguin's character choices there become canon to the books, he's now a 'woke' social activist looking to take out the millionaires of Gotham and slaughter them unless they cough up and generously gave their wealth to the needy
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

spoilers:
    So remember Danny Devito's Penguin/Catwoman story? Well, Penguin's character choices there become canon to the books, he's now a 'woke' social activist looking to take out the millionaires of Gotham and slaughter them unless they cough up and generously gave their wealth to the needy
    end of spoilers
    Um...that feels like a weird direction for Penguin.

Extraordinary Member

Batman #125 Variant by Warren Louw

Extraordinary Member

Does it mean there might have been people buying multiple copies to get the variant covers as well?

Does that mean stores ordered a lot of copies, but we have no clue as to how many of those copies were sold?

Hell, I bought the three issues, and while the first issue was intriguing, after that the only thing really good about #2 and #3 was the artwork.
    Sales numbers have always almost meant what the publisher is selling to the stores since that's basically the only concrete number we have - if we're going to start doubting those numbers we may as well never have a discussion on sales again.

Granted though in the post-Diamond world the numbers are not as complete as they once were.

Didnt Jim Lee say that Three Jokers sold something like 3 million copies for the first issue?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I am so excited for this run to start. On one hand, I appreciate Zdarsky not being type to share a lot of spoilers, but it is a funny contrast to batman writers like Tynion and Williamson who would always share a lot of their plans in interviews and newsletters for us to chew on.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    Didnt Jim Lee say that Three Jokers sold something like 3 million copies for the first issue?
    A list creative team on a 3 issue batman ajacent book, that wouldn't be a shocker at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    It sold over 300k according to Lee in that THR interview. You're confusing it with one of the event related one-shots (Year of the Villain maybe?) that was 25 cents - that was in the millions if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Sales numbers have always almost meant what the publisher is selling to the stores since that's basically the only concrete number we have - if we're going to start doubting those numbers we may as well never have a discussion on sales again.

Granted though in the post-Diamond world the numbers are not as complete as they once were.
    Diamond shows the numbers of requests made to stores 3 months before the comic was actually released. It is not useful to analyze the success of short events or 3-part minis. Stores had already purchased issue 3 of Three Jokers before the first was released.
    But it serves to see how a regular series is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Wow, I hate it.

I dunno if I will ever not hate it.

Edit: hopefully it’s not true.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Wow, I hate it.

I dunno if I will ever not hate it.

Edit: hopefully it’s not true.
    It's more complicated than the rumors, for sure. I think Zdarsky has an interesting take on what's going on in Gotham, and it's not what these buzz sites are implying.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord