Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Jobber League of America. At least Failsafe took Gotham and not the world; that would've been bullcrap. Aside from the jobbing, I enjoyed this issue.

The back up story was pretty good too.
    "Cable was right!"

Justice League jobbing...the city being taken over by a villain again...Batman realizing he needs to be a good dad...

Same old, same old.

Although the back-up proves Zdarsky's got Alfred's banter down.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Justice League jobbing...the city being taken over by a villain again...Batman realizing he needs to be a good dad...

Same old, same old.

Although the back-up proves Zdarsky's got Alfred's banter down.
    Zdarsky writes a more entertaing story than King or Tynion, but yeah, if the city you swore to protect gets taken over all the time and you constantly have to be reminded not to be shit to your kids then...maybe you suck at your job and are a bad dad?

Extraordinary Member

The thing is, it's been a standing practice for decades in superhero comics that at the end of a writer's run, you put the toys back in the box, so to speak. Every once in awhile you do get something that genuinely changes things up and you see progress made, but you also get a lot of complaining when said changes are made. I'm not necessarily sure I blame Zdarsky for that. If anything, I blame editorial and the superhero genre in general. If you want to see permanent, long lasting changes to characters, you go to the indies.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Zdarsky is exactly what I predicted: solid and entertaining but very much rehashing old beats. I guess it doesn’t bother me mainly because there’s so much Batman elsewhere if you want something more ambitious or creative, the main Batman title is there to fund the rest of the line. At least he had Clark back off and use his heat vision rather than charge in like an idiot the way most writers would.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I guess it doesn’t bother me mainly because there’s so much Batman elsewhere if you want something more ambitious or creative, the main Batman title is there to fund the rest of the line.
    This is the way I've always looked at it. For example, I really liked Tom Taylor's Batman The Detective mini that came out some time back when compared to what goes on in the main two Bat books at any given time.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

My issue here is that I honestly expected more from Chip Zdarsky

I was expecting a more personal character-centric story like his Daredevil run, not another summer blockbuster

Plus this all feels rushed in how insanely quick it escalates. Its like an event comic.

Incredible Member

First Daredevil and now this, insofar as Zdarsky rehashing old stories goes. I'll finish out the arc, but if nothing new or different or surprising happens, I'm out. Already dropped Tec.

I think the artwork and having buzzy writers is maybe putting a sheen on things, but I'm not finding much out of the ordinary in the two books so far. Limited time, limited money, y'know.

I just read Batman 128. That Failsafe robot was able to beat the Justice League? If Batman can create robots that can do this much damage then why not create a robot that can defeat Darkseid or something? Seems like whenever Batman makes these plans they backfire and hurt his allies as opposed to the actual threat. How many times must Bruce learn this lesson?

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I just read Batman 128. That Failsafe robot was able to beat the Justice League? If Batman can create robots that can do this much damage then why not create a robot that can defeat Darkseid or something? Seems like whenever Batman makes these plans they backfire and hurt his allies as opposed to the actual threat. How many times must Bruce learn this lesson?
    Yeah, it's really dumb. He has a plan more efficient against his allies than the Joker.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, it's really dumb. He has a plan more efficient against his allies than the Joker.
    It makes me wonder what the villains are doing during this "Failsafe takeover" in fact I always wonder at times how some of the Batman villains react when another villain takes over the city. Sometimes we see them take advantage of the situation, sometimes we don't. Like what does Joker think of this Failsafe? Did the robot go after him, wherever he is? Did he become a prob slave like Oracle?

Stephanie better not have been enslaved by Failsafe or I shall be upset with Bruce for the rest of the year lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    It makes me wonder what the villains are doing during this "Failsafe takeover" in fact I always wonder at times how some of the Batman villains react when another villain takes over the city. Sometimes we see them take advantage of the situation, sometimes we don't. Like what does Joker think of this Failsafe? Did the robot go after him, wherever he is? Did he become a prob slave like Oracle?

Stephanie better not have been enslaved by Failsafe or I shall be upset with Bruce for the rest of the year lol.
    Joker was last seen in Texas so we have no idea where he is and the joker story has him bouncing all over the states.

Stephine is likely captured I mean if Oracle got snatched and last we saw of Steph was being hauled in an ambulance the likelihood is either medical leave for the rest of the story or enslave by Failsafe

speaking of this dude is way too similar to OMAC right? like he just Brother eye with a bat theme paintjob, previously people say that he simply doing his program of defeating batman as that is his program but now he out here usurping the city with an army of drones and enslaving people like that just OMAC to a teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

Stephine is likely captured I mean if Oracle got snatched and last we saw of Steph was being hauled in an ambulance the likelihood is either medical leave for the rest of the story or enslave by Failsafe
    Noooo! Someone in the batfamily must avenge her! Preferably someone other then Bruce, because this is his fault!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm kinda feeling like this is some kind of dream or hallucination Bruce is having somehow

Cause it escalates at way to a ridiculous a scale that it feels like something is really up

This reads like the final arc of a multi-year run, not the very 1st arc of a new run. All the escalations without any of the build up. All these chaos because Bruce got framed (and not a particular clever one) by Penguin? Lame.