Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Isn’t Bruce suppose to be dead?
    He'll get better again, just like he always does.

Mighty Member

I'm in. Love Zdarksy. I wanted to see where Williamson was going, but if he needs the time for Dark Crisis, etc., that's understandable
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He'll get better again, just like he always does.
    Not that fast
    Dark crisis would still be actively happening

Yeah, Death of the Justice League and Dark Crisis are set in the future relative to the solo books. They'll probably just time skip after Dark Crisis ends to catch up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Death of the Justice League and Dark Crisis are set in the future relative to the solo books. They'll probably just time skip after Dark Crisis ends to catch up.
    But hopefully avoid "One Year Later - Part II".

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm quite excited about this. Jimenez, of course, is fantastic - I truly loved what he did with Tynion, and Zdarsky should be able to do some great things with him.

I know that Jimenez posted art of Steph and Cass - hope that Zdarsky will feature them off and on, too!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

First off, all in on this creative team. Everything we're hearing sounds great. Glad a big name is doing something interesting with Tim finally. I know Zdarsky says he wanted to write the batman and robin dynamic, but hopefully this can eventually lead to Tim moving past that mantle finally.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    First off, all in on this creative team. Everything we're hearing sounds great. Glad a big name is doing something interesting with Tim finally. I know Zdarsky says he wanted to write the batman and robin dynamic, but hopefully this can eventually lead to Tim moving past that mantle finally.
    I wonder how he'll deal with Tim's sexuality?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wonder how he'll deal with Tim's sexuality?
    It's possible he doesn't bring it up at all and just focuses on Tim assisting Batman. I could see a panel of Bruce smiling at tim for going on a date with bernanrd or something though.

It's possible he doesn't bring it up at all and just focuses on Tim assisting Batman. I could see a panel of Bruce smiling at tim for going on a date with bernanrd or something though.
    I wonder now if the editorial mandate is that Tim and Bernard have to be a thing for a while.

Astonishing Member

This is a pleasant surprise indeed! Where the heck does that leave Williamson?

Astonishing Member

He started to move past it. But then DC couldn't help themselves.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    This is a pleasant surprise indeed! Where the heck does that leave Williamson?
    I hope he’s on the regular Justice League. His run, pre-Bendis was pretty good.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I assume Williamson will still be writing Damian's book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    The way Tim will be forever stuck as Robin because DC has no idea what to do with him lol but good for him, maybe it can lead to something bigger.
    I don't think I have ever read anything by Zdarsky, but I heard good things about his writing.
    One of the best writers going with Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Life Story and Daredevil. You must read Finale from Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #310. It's an instant classic.

Thrilled with the creative team, Jorge Jimenez on art! Just a shame Joshua Williamson's run was too short while Tom King/James Tynion IV were given way too long.