Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Bleeding Cool leaked #130's ending.

spoilers:
    Looks like Zdarsky is cribbing a lot of Morrison with this. Batman 'dies' at Failsafe's hand but if the weapon is fashioned on New Gods tech, this is just Batman RIP again, probably with a twist so Bats doesn't tumble through time like previously
    end of spoilers
    That's good, it's good to see new stories build on good past stories.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Bleeding Cool leaked #130's ending.

spoilers:
    Looks like Zdarsky is cribbing a lot of Morrison with this. Batman 'dies' at Failsafe's hand but if the weapon is fashioned on New Gods tech, this is just Batman RIP again, probably with a twist so Bats doesn't tumble through time like previously
    end of spoilers
    Huh spoilers:
    so this might be an Omega Force thing
    end of spoilers

Not sure what the point is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

KNIGHT TERROR IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO THE BE SUMMER EVENT

ALSO Theres a FCBD dc book in may Dawn of DC #1

Last edited by MAR420X; 12-04-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think the Robin is Damian (not Tim). The hairstyle is similar to Damian.
    It's Damian. You can see the Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the Batfamily and the Future State legacies have to take his place till Knight Terrors event.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's more than a little annoying.
    I agree. I loved Morrison's run but surely these writers should be coming up with their own story ideas not cribbing or replaying old hits. That is what they are paid to do. If I wanted to read Morrison's Batman run, I'll simply read Morrison's batman. I already own those.

I feel like I'm buying the same thing twice.
    The fact that both Batman and Tec are using Morrison's concept feels a little a cheat code. Tec at least feels a bit more like an original story but this Failsafe arc by Chip feels too much like reading something I've read before.

Feels like the last few Batman runs have just been doing copy paste stories we've seen before.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-05-2022 at 04:59 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't have the energy to complain about that X-mas cover. The art is good at least.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess the Batfamily and the Future State legacies have to take his place till Knight Terrors event.
    How? Isn't he still around for Lazarus Planet?
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 12-05-2022 at 05:49 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah, Failsafe (and presumably the next arc) are explicitly pre-Dark Crisis, so Batman can't stay "dead" for long. It's entirely possible DC didn't think this through though.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't have the energy to complain about that X-mas cover. The art is good at least.

Since Jon becomes Superman Blue in the posters, it could also be Jace under Doctor Fate's helmet. But it's just a guess.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-05-2022 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hopefully that's not the case. We just had that Shadows of the Bat and it was terrible.
    It always boils down to Bruce saving them in the nick of time at the end.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Hopefully that's not the case. We just had that Shadows of the Bat and it was terrible.
    It always boils down to Bruce saving them in the nick of time at the end.
    A lot of stories would be better if DC could fight against their habit to always have Bruce be the one who saves everyone. Let them accomplish things on their own. Or, god forbid, let them save Batman for a change. I promise people are not going to start thinking he's uncool.

Incredible Member

I’ve really enjoyed the run so far, so I am going to give Zdarsky the benefit of the doubt. But I do not like the sound of losing Bruce again. Especially so similar to how we lost him in Grants run. Makes no sense to repeat the same story beats. Especially since he can’t do it better than Morrison. No one can.

Incredible Member

Didn’t like this issue at all.

Weird, I thought the first 3 issues were great, but every subsequent issue has gotten a little worse. I didn’t mind other heroes losing to Failsafe at first because he kind of had the element of surprise and was prepared for them. But it was super jarring how easy Superman went out this time. Might as well of just had him continue to be healing. Why bring him back into the story just to have him whooped so easily.

And yeah, kind of just feels like a Morrison repeat so far. Maybe Chips plan is for Tim to take over this time.

Next time Zod tries to invade Earth, just send this robot. He knows things that even Kryptonians don't know about themselves, like having pressure points. LOL

And i really dislike this overused cliche about the Robins. "Dick liked to be in the right, Jason prefer the left. But Tim, he always went in the middle."
    Last edited by Drako; 12-06-2022 at 11:49 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.