Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, is Bruce back to living in the mansion and being in charge of Wayne Industries now?

Is Jim Gordon back to being the police commissioner?
    I personally don't consider those major status quo changes. We know those things will be reversed fairly soon. I meant things like bringing Jason back to life, introducing Damian, etc.

Obviously your mileage may vary on what is considered major.

I'm still waiting for Bruce to go back to his real home and get his company back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still waiting for Bruce to go back to his real home and get his company back.
    I'd prefer to have it revealed that everything since Morrison's run was really all in Bruce's mind while he was undergoing an extended session of sensory deprivation . . .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd prefer to have it revealed that everything since Morrison's run was really all in Bruce's mind while he was undergoing an extended session of sensory deprivation . . .
    If that's on the table, I'm going back before Morrison took over and effectively shattered a lot of what made Batman work.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

I'd prefer Morrison's entire run be an extended session of sensory deprivation, but that's another topic altogether lol
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-14-2023 at 09:50 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It doesn't have to be that way though, Lois and Clark were in a stable relationship for decades and after experimenting with a pairing with Wonder Woman are still a couple today. They could do the same for Batman just as easily...they just choose not to.
    They do do the same for Batman - he's been in a stable relationship with Joker for decades. They just can't quit each other.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    If that's on the table, I'm going back before Morrison took over and effectively shattered a lot of what made Batman work.
    Lol please enlighten me. What did Morrison "break" about the character. He literally made no permanent changes except introducing characters that writers can choose to ignore. He literally went out of his way to end Batman Inc Volume 2 with the character in the same place that he was in when he started.

The very next run, Snyder`s, effectively ignored everything from Morrison's run.

Lol Morrison's Bat.

Love and hate with me. I love the writer.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Lol please enlighten me. What did Morrison "break" about the character. He literally made no permanent changes except introducing characters that writers can choose to ignore. He literally went out of his way to end Batman Inc Volume 2 with the character in the same place that he was in when he started.

The very next run, Snyder`s, effectively ignored everything from Morrison's run.
    Talia died! That completely broke the bat mythos!

from bat 136

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Good. I wonder what kind of stories we will get

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Talia died! That completely broke the bat mythos!
    And stayed dead for like 8 months!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    And stayed dead for like 8 months!
    Which is a really long time for her! Usually Bruce just chucks her in the nearest Lazarus Pit before she's even cold.

Please note, it is Bruce who does this, and Nyssa. She only really dies when around them, except in Silencer, and then her followers waited to make sure she was dead dead, instead of mostly dead before resurrecting her.

Morrison did retcon in a rape, because white men don't consent to sex with brown woman in his mind.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Which is a really long time for her! Usually Bruce just chucks her in the nearest Lazarus Pit before she's even cold.

Please note, it is Bruce who does this, and Nyssa. She only really dies when around them, except in Silencer, and then her followers waited to make sure she was dead dead, instead of mostly dead before resurrecting her.

Morrison did retcon in a rape, because white men don't consent to sex with brown woman in his mind.
    I don't think it had anything to do with race.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Howard Catwoman is awful so not looking forward to this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/