Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Zdarsky taking over Batman seemed like a strong possibility but Williamson stepping up then lead to a till now intriguing storyline though shadow war doesn't do anything for me. Contrarily Zdarsky hot take of a initial 6 issue arc and it's description leaves me cold. I wish Batman goes back to solving crimes rather than contending with X enemy out to kill him and being his personal nemesis Doomsday or whatever. We have had so far Hush, Dr Hurt, court of owls, Lincoln March, Bane, Joker and Abyss who are out to git the suckka somehow. It has become increasingly monotonous.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Tim is still using Red Robin as a kind of a Robin+ or Big Brother Robin so I think I'm okay with him as a sidekick IF damian is also there as a second sidekick
    Tired Dad Batman assisted by Big Brother Robin and Little Brother Robin that fight each other all the time is a dynamic I can enjoy with popcorn.

But if Damian is in his own book it will feel weird to me because Damian feels more independent than Tim. It doesn't look good on Tim. Makes him feel immature

BANNED

Like Damian doesn't seem insecure and borderline insane what with his hallucinating Alfred. The pint sized psycho is going to end up in a asylum with the way he is going.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Tim is still using Red Robin as a kind of a Robin+ or Big Brother Robin so I think I'm okay with him as a sidekick IF damian is also there as a second sidekick
    Tired Dad Batman assisted by Big Brother Robin and Little Brother Robin that fight each other all the time is a dynamic I can enjoy with popcorn.

But if Damian is in his own book it will feel weird to me because Damian feels more independent than Tim. It doesn't look good on Tim. Makes him feel immature
    Exactly. It makes Tim look like the adult who lives in his parents home forever instead of grow up and leave the nest. If Damian will have a solo and do his own thing, Tim would just be viewed as a sidekick rather than an independent hero. Compared to Dick and Jason it's okay, since he's younger. But if his young brother is his own hero and more independent... That's really not good for Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    It actually makes sense to me that Tim is the one who can't ''move past'' being Robin and returns to the role permanently.

Dick became Nightwing - that transition is now an iconic part of his character. Jason is known as the Robin who died and came back as Red Hood - which again defines his character today.

Damian, more than being Robin, is defined by being Batman's son (and also an heir to Ra's al Ghul). Robin is just a role he took to become part of his dad's world, but it doesn't really define him.

Now Tim on the other hand is someone who entered the Bat-family because he believed that Batman needs Robin, and is pretty dedicated to the concept of Robin. He pretty much took up the Red Robin mantle only because Dick chose Damian to be Robin. He isn't particularly interested in another costumed identity other than Robin. So honestly, if someone gets to stay Robin forever, it should be Tim.
    Future State did dub Tim "Robin Eternal".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

This is a great team. Pretty pumped for a more personal Batman story. The plot doesn't sound too special or unique so far but I`ve got faith in the team. Really hope they pull it off. I have not been a huge fan of a single flagship Batman run since Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Exactly. It makes Tim look like the adult who lives in his parents home forever instead of grow up and leave the nest. If Damian will have a solo and do his own thing, Tim would just be viewed as a sidekick rather than an independent hero. Compared to Dick and Jason it's okay, since he's younger. But if his young brother is his own hero and more independent... That's really not good for Tim.
    Lol So much this.

The irony is that Tim started out as an independent Robin back in the day.

I know it's a extremely selfish but I've been wishing that Williamson didn't have such a hefty workload be cause I didn't want anything affecting the quality of the Robin series.

Now I feel kinda of bad because my wish kinds came true. His workload has reduced.

@bat39 Tim didn't become RR because Dick choose Damian. Have you not read the comics? It's made explicitly clear that he took on the RR persona because what he was about to do he couldn't do as Robin because that would tarnish the legacy of Robin. He was about to get his hands dirty.

It had nothing to do with Damian becoming Robin. if Damian had become Red bird instead or even if Damian had been killed off in batman and Son Tim when he decided to look for Bruce wouldn't have been able to use Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Future State did dub Tim "Robin Eternal".
    Indeed Tim was only ever interested in being Robin. He was also only interested in heroics short term. Taking on the role until another can step into the role.

If anyone gets to retire from Robin. It should be Tim. Like he always wanted.

No one should be Robin Eternally.

BANNED

Yeah you are idiotically dismissing entire preflashpoint history of Tim where he was globe trotting and getting caught up in international intrigues. It's his choice whether to work independently or not in Gotham or elsewhere and contrarily shows that Bruce can't depend on the unstable loser Damian and depends on Tim to watch his back because he trusts him to comport himself like an adult instead of the tantrums throwing child. You seem pretty ignorant and shouldn't talk about what you don't know or understand.
    Last edited by Wat; 03-01-2022 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Yeah you are idiotically dismissing entire preflashpoint history of Tim where he was globe trotting and getting caught up in international intrigues. It's his choice whether to work independently or not in Gotham or elsewhere and contrarily shows that Bruce can't depend on the unstable loser Damian and depends on Tim to watch his back because he trusts him to comport himself like an adult instead of the tantrums throwing child. You seem pretty ignorant and shouldn't talk about what you don't know or understand.
    If Batman wanted an adult as a crime fighting partner then it sure is quite odd that he keeps accepting children to fight alongside him, don't you think? People who are by definition not adults.
    It's kinda hard to feel sorry for Tim fans at this point. Some of you have the strangest takes on Batman and Robin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Well, Damian has been Robin for years now, and is a very popular Robin. He was a Robin both to Bruce and to Dick, and was incredibly competent. He's actually coming out of the recent development as way more competent than Tim, as he's becoming an independent hero like Nightwing and Red Hood, while Tim is relegated to being just the junior partner to Batman. I like Tim and I'm worried about the lack of growth. That being said, I don't want another Robin, so I'm okay with him filling this niche if Damian is growing out of it.
    Last edited by Lal; 03-01-2022 at 08:00 AM.

The last issue of batman 121 was so bad.. Like wtf levels bad. Is it july yet? 125 comes out on my birthday so I'm giddy!!!

Well, Damian has been Robin for years now, and is a very popular Robin. He was a Robin both to Bruce and to Dick, and was incredibly competent. He's actually coming out of the recent development as way more competent than Tim, as he's becoming an independent hero like Nightwing and Red Hood, while Tim is relegated to being just the junior partner to Batman. I like Tim and I'm worried about the lack of growth. That being said, I don't want another Robin, so I'm okay with him filling this niche if Damian is growing out of it.
    I don't know if that has anything to do with competency so much as just character function and necessity.