Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I think I found a plot hole in this run. Failsafe got activated when Batman went to far and killed the penguin. But if that's what activated it, why didn't it become active when Bruce was arrested for killing Vesper?

It's my understanding that Failsafe was created by the Batman of Zurh-en-Arrh, which means it had to have happened early in his career before the Bruce Wayne: Murderer? storyline.

And we know it's in continuity because the Tower of Babel storyline is referenced, which is also a part of that same pre-Flashpoint continuity.

What do we think?
    Who's Vesper? I think someone mentioned when Alfred was alive, he was the one preventing false flags.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Who's Vesper? I think someone mentioned when Alfred was alive, he was the one preventing false flags.
    I'm talking about Vesper Fairchild.

So you're saying that Failsafe did go off back then but that Alfred reset it because it was a false flag? I guess that makes sense.

So I got Batman #900 and was pleasantly surprised with the story. Thought it was a nice nod to the history of the character and I didn't find it hard to follow even though it had been a couple of years since I had read a new Batman book. Nice to see a comic that followed the old thought every issue is someone's first. Anyway, looking forward to seeing where this story goes.

Extraordinary Member

Batman #136 Preview
    Writer: Chip Zdarsky
    Artist: Belén Ortega
    Backup Writer: Chip Zdarsky
    Backup Artist: Jorge Corona

Incredible Member

I'm talking about Vesper Fairchild.

So you're saying that Failsafe did go off back then but that Alfred reset it because it was a false flag? I guess that makes sense.

Yeah I remember Vesper Fairchild from long ago .
    I think back then Bruce would have different women , with whom he was involved with .
    Now it's all about Selina and only her , it's really getting tiring .
    Now that Bruce doesn't have Alfred anymore to stop the Failsafe program . Maybe he needs to trust someone else like Babs and /or Dick to be aware of his protocols .

So... Zur En Arrh just became Bruce's Kurama\Sukuna? He even has a little thorne.

Can't wait for them to make peace and release a new form for Bruce, Batman Zur En Arrh mode.

Edit: I just notice he is behind bars, like Kurama too.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

That was probably the most Wayne Family Adventure sequence we've ever seen in the main comics.

The Batman/Catwoman interaction in this issue is giving me really bad vibes about the upcoming storyline.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This actually wasn't that bad, I liked the small stakes plot with the Cobblepots and the meeting with Selina was fun and Chip really had me going with the Batfamily sequence...until they were lit on fire in Bruce's mind. Can't we get a well adjusted Bruce for just a little bit? Why is it that only Waid seems to be able to do a decent Batman story lately?

On the art side, why did Tim look like he was 12? And when did Jason turn 30?

The characters really were all over the place.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 06-06-2023 at 08:33 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was probably the most Wayne Family Adventure sequence we've ever seen in the main comics.

The Batman/Catwoman interaction in this issue is giving me really bad vibes about the upcoming storyline.
    It made me miss Tim/Steph

Does anyone feel like the Batman comics used to build on the prior continuity more in the 1990's? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So... Zur En Arrh just became Bruce's Kurama\Sukuna? He even has a little thorne.

Can't wait for them to make peace and release a new form for Bruce, Batman Zur En Arrh mode.

Edit: I just notice he is behind bars, like Kurama too.

yeah we want the naruto route not the jjk route
    jjk spoilers spoilers:
    before he leaves batman and takes over someone else
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Does anyone feel like the Batman comics used to build on the prior continuity more in the 1990's? Or is it just me?
    There were more than a few nods to stories from the past few years, so no I don't think there is any more or less continuity connections than there were in years past.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Was that a Zur Robin outfit in the Zur Cave, or am I just misinterpretating the Zurr-En-Arrh outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    There were more than a few nods to stories from the past few years, so no I don't think there is any more or less continuity connections than there were in years past.
    I mean going even further back. Am I expecting too much?

Well, it's nice to see Batman back in his old stomping grounds. With their being so much emphasis on Failsafe, I almost forgot about Addison and Aiden Cobblepot but I am intrigued with what Zdarsky has planned for them especially with their old man eventually returning to the scene.

I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to this upcoming war between Batman and Catwoman, I really hope there's more to it than face value.