Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even Snyder and Morrison's Batman had their volatile moments, it just wasn't omnipresent.

I feel like there was more to it than just Robin being an emotional crutch. Part of it was just losing Jason in general and not having a partner or what Robin brought to the table. You may disagree for the reasoning but it was meant to explain and emphasize why Robin was important at a time when Batman was at an emotional low point.
    Snyder's Batman if he did have volatile moments had nothing to do with Robin [a a lack of Robin] snice we know that Snyder believes that Robin is irresponsible and not something Batman would do.

You are correct about it being more than an emotional crutch as @Reastingvoice just reminded me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what's next for March.
    His Twitter has him pushing a set of NFT's he's done. So no comics on the horizon.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Snyder's Batman if he did have volatile moments had nothing to do with Robin [a a lack of Robin] snice we know that Snyder believes that Robin is irresponsible and not something Batman would do.

You are correct about it being more than an emotional crutch as @Reastingvoice just reminded me.
    But then he had Duke basically be a Robin. Inconsistency, they name is Snyder .
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    His Twitter has him pushing a set of NFT's he's done. So no comics on the horizon.
    (Sigh) .

So DC still lives in Geoff's headcanon. lol

I mean it was technically already canon, all Fabok did was make costume changes. All this is just dc referencing it again after the miniseries ended.

And for those who are about to argue with me, the idea first appeared in DC rebirth which is 100% canon with because of Wally West and Dr. Manhattan.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean it was technically already canon, all Fabok did was make costume changes. All this is just dc referencing it again after the miniseries ended.

And for those who are about to argue with me, the idea first appeared in DC rebirth which is 100% canon with because of Wally West and Dr. Manhattan.
    But was everything from DC Universe: Rebirth #1 left as it was once Doomsday Clock wrapped up, or was any of it reset to before Dr. Manhattan altered things? (Didn't his moving the lantern out of the reach of Alan Scott prior to the train accident get put back to the way it previously was?)

And, no, I'm not planning to read that series any time during the current century . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But was everything from DC Universe: Rebirth #1 left as it was once Doomsday Clock wrapped up, or was any of it reset to before Dr. Manhattan altered things? (Didn't his moving the lantern out of the reach of Alan Scott prior to the train accident get put back to the way it previously was?)

And, no, I'm not planning to read that series any time during the current century . . .
    No it was still treated as though that all happened, all Doomsday Clock did in that moment with Alan was revive the JSA, the legion of superheroes, and the Kents.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

No it was still treated as though that all happened, all Doomsday Clock did in that moment with Alan was revive the JSA, the legion of superheroes, and the Kents.
    So Alan still "died" in that train accident and wasn't saved by the powers of the lantern??

So who's the father of Obsidian and Jade?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So Alan still "died" in that train accident and wasn't saved by the powers of the lantern??

So who's the father of Obsidian and Jade?
    No I mean Alan is alive again and the father of Obsidian and Jade. It’s just that the comic treats it that as Dr. Manhattan puts it back all that really changed are a few characters are back in existence. It’s still treated that Manhattan changed reality and that he erased Wally West for a little bit, just characters and history were returned.
    Words to live by.

What would even be the point? The ending was basically just that the other two Jokers were fakes the real Joker came up with to mess with Batman.

Zdarksy said Batman was having nightmares of a future he can't stop, so maybe this is just a result of the bad dream. I hope, one Joker is more than enough.

Actually it was teased since Darkseid War, but actual book was released under Black Label so it is in "weird" spot currently. Maybe Zdarsky will do another go at "multiple Jokers" idea? Either way, not interested.

No it wasn't. Fabok himself said as such as did Johns who said that it depends.

I really don’t get this aversion to three jokers being canon. It was a story established in Darkseid war which is canon because stories have referenced it very recently and characters that were changed and created from that story still exist (grail, Jessica Cruz, The anti-monitor being Mobius, the Mobius chair left on the moon). It’s then referenced in DC rebirth one-shot which is certainly canon because it brings back Wally West not to mention all the Dr. Manhattan shenanigans from Doomsday Clock and Death Metal. All stories that have happened in canon. So why would three jokers not have happened?

Maybe it doesn’t get brought up a lot and maybe they swept it under the rug a bit by killing off two of the three jokers in that story, but there is nothing that states it cannot be canon. If you don’t like it that’s fine, valid opinion.
    Words to live by.