Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ant-Man anniversary series by Al Ewing and Tom Reilly

Ant-Man, one of Marvel’s most iconic heroes, will celebrate his big 60th anniversary with a new limited series! Al Ewing, the writer who redefined Hulk in IMMORTAL HULK, now sets his sights on Ant-Man, delving into the character’s unique history to examine every hero who’s ever taken on the mantle! Joining him on this epic journey will be artist Tom Reilly. Known for his acclaimed work on the current THE THING series, Reilly’s stylish art will take readers on a brilliant adventure that begins in Marvel’s silver age and concludes in a strange new future. Each thrilling issue will focus on a different Ant-Man from Hank Pym to Eric O’Grady to Scott Lang as a brand-new future Ant-Man seeks to connect them all so they can face off against a threat only they can hope to defeat!

It all kicks off in ANT-MAN #1 which will flash back to the early days of Hank Pym’s career as the astonishing Ant-Man! It’s date night for Hank and his girlfriend Janet Van Dyne, but nobody told that to Ant-Man’s enemies! Watch as Hank’s ant-agonists band together to finally take down the scientific adventurer! But will anyone come to his rescue? And who is the mysterious stranger who stalks him?

"For Ant-Man's ant-iversary, we wanted to go BIG with the world's smallest hero -- burrowing an ant tunnel right through his sixty-year history and far beyond, from the wild and wooly 1960s all the way to a future you'll have to see to believe!” Ewing promises. “You'll find out how Henry Pym, Scott Lang and Eric O'Grady impacted each other's lives in ways they never knew themselves -- but who's the mysterious final member of this Ant-tastic Four? Tremble with ant-icipation, true believer -- the answers are coming soon to a hill near you!"

“I’m very excited to work with Al again, this time to celebrate, and add to, the legacy of Ant Man!” Reilly says. “Several different people have taken the name, and Al’s written a fun story that gives them all a chance to shine. I also look forward to working with Jordie Bellaire again, her colors elevate any book that she’s on. There’s lots of inspiration to be taken from Ant Man’s rich artistic history, and there’ll be plenty of room for both of us to experiment in this series. I can’t wait for everyone to check it out!”
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-legacy-future

An Al Ewing Ant-Man anniversary book is not something I ever thought I needed, but dang it if it's not a nice sight .

Al Ewing writing a classic Hank Pym story? With Jan? I am so here for it .

Is it too much to hope for this building up to a story bringing Hank back? Probably, but still .

It'll be nice to get stories with Eric and Scott as well, and whoever the future Ant-Man is. Poor Scott's only gimmick is "the thief."

Totally interested in this

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Please have the future be the original, please have the future be the original....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

It's beautiful.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thank goodness Hank will be brought out of limbo even if it's just flashbacks. From what I've seen of his art on the Thing series, not terribly fond of the artist. But those covers look encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    An Al Ewing Ant-Man anniversary book is not something I ever thought I needed, but dang it if it's not a nice sight .

Al Ewing writing a classic Hank Pym story? With Jan? I am so here for it .

Is it too much to hope for this building up to a story bringing Hank back? Probably, but still .

It'll be nice to get stories with Eric and Scott as well, and whoever the future Ant-Man is. Poor Scott's only gimmick is "the thief."
    Yeah, I'd have gone with The Astonishing - as it was the adjective of his ANAD run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I'd have gone with The Astonishing - as it was the adjective of his ANAD run.
    I thought of that too, but Hank was the "Astonishing" Ant-Man first. So using the adjective for neither is probably for the best.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I'm excited for Al Ewing to take on Hank and his legacy.

Would be nice if they honored the character by bringing Hank back, and restoring him to his rightful place as a Marvel A Lister!

Mighty Member

I need this. I'm going to get this entire run tattooed to my soul.

Time to call my LCS and start a pull list!!!! After all these years without buying comic books! Yay!

Of course, I don't get my hopes high, but at least we'll have a new "old" story with Hank and Jan

And it will be nice to see O'Grady again! Gotta love that scumbag

I wonder what the "future" Ant-Man will be? And will it be a new character that will stick around? Intriguing!
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

A new Ant-man?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Please have the future be the original, please have the future be the original....
    I'd like Pym back in a heroic role but not sure I want it to be Ant-Man. Personally I think Hank is past having a specific code name but if he must I always thought he was best as Giant Man.

BANNED

I wonder if the future ant man is from the same future where Danielle Cage is Captain America.