Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Nope probably normie Osborn
    normie is about to be a symbiote in the venom run
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

If the Red Goblin is going to be Normie I really hope they have a plan for the whole story they want to tell and that the story is a unique journey.

Just making Normie another Goblin is not interesting at all and just reeks of lazy repetition (and wanting to cash in on Red Goblin as a brand).

Even if it ends with him as an unrepentant villain there is so much mileage in getting there. Taking a kid with a messed up childhood, seeing his father figure(s) appear and disappear almost at random, knowing Spider-man is a hero but also his Dad's greatest enemy/friend, Liz's attempts to be a caring and stable mother, and on top of all that the corrupting influence of a monstrous alien entity. Really show him turn and build a villain who, if not relatable, is understandable in his hatred.

"Spider-man bad he hurt my daddy" really isn't going to cut it. Worse if that's just transferred onto Dylan's Venom.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    If the Red Goblin is going to be Normie I really hope they have a plan for the whole story they want to tell and that the story is a unique journey.

Just making Normie another Goblin is not interesting at all and just reeks of lazy repetition (and wanting to cash in on Red Goblin as a brand).

Even if it ends with him as an unrepentant villain there is so much mileage in getting there. Taking a kid with a messed up childhood, seeing his father figure(s) appear and disappear almost at random, knowing Spider-man is a hero but also his Dad's greatest enemy/friend, Liz's attempts to be a caring and stable mother, and on top of all that the corrupting influence of a monstrous alien entity. Really show him turn and build a villain who, if not relatable, is understandable in his hatred.
    Yeah, Normie as the Goblin or as a silver spooned child antagonist was milked for all it's worth in the Spider-Girl and Renew Your Vows universes, 616 really ought to be setting him apart from those versions so I don't have much issue with where they can go here, so long as it's not the predictable sort of thing.

But I worry he and Dylan are just gonna become the Super Sons of Spider-Man. Or Symbiote Sons.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yeah, Normie as the Goblin or as a silver spooned child antagonist was milked for all it's worth in the Spider-Girl and Renew Your Vows universes, 616 really ought to be setting him apart from those versions so I don't have much issue with where they can go here, so long as it's not the predictable sort of thing.

But I worry he and Dylan are just gonna become the Super Sons of Spider-Man. Or Symbiote Sons.
    Eddie and Harry have kids while Peter doesn’t marvel hates Peter being happy we really need mayday Parker into the main universe I don’t care how it happens.

I feel like in a possible future one person decides to make her a villain first then a hero like hit-girl with spider-man powers

Astonishing Member

Just my take, but I would prefer Normie not to become a Goblin. I think that would be more original.

I also think it would be great if Peter helps Normie break the cycle of an Osborn becoming a villain. Peter after all was a teacher and is great with kids, and Normie is a child that's always in his circles. IMO, that would be cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Just my take, but I would prefer Normie not to become a Goblin. I think that would be more original.

I also think it would be great if Peter helps Normie break the cycle of an Osborn becoming a villain. Peter after all was a teacher and is great with kids, and Normie is a child that's always in his circles. IMO, that would be cooler.
    Peter is actually Normie's godfather, a detail that was mentioned a couple of times and then not at all...
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Fantastic Member

Was it said by Nick Spencer or by anyone else how there was a A.I Normon when he was thought to be dead with a version of his mind?
    Maybe he copied his memories before he was hit by his gilder and Harry did the rest.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Was it said by Nick Spencer or by anyone else how there was a A.I Normon when he was thought to be dead with a version of his mind?
    Maybe he copied his memories before he was hit by his gilder and Harry did the rest.
    Oh, yeah, the Harry Osborn A.I. was technically a combo of Harry and Norman.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-golden-go...ell-interview/

Norman has a list of people he's wronged and Peter is on there multiple times, so is Gwen, Harry and Mary Jane, but what's interesting is he also has the baby which is a reference to Mayday so maybe that her Peter was referring to could be Mayday after all.

Also a nice visual of Norman being haunted by Gwen's ghost

I hope Gwen's ghost kicks his sorry ass.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    She doesn’t sadly.

Wonder why hasn't marvel thought of retconning the baby's death and made her alive but a villain under the hand's servitude with that nurse being an agent of the hand. Seems like marvel would love to make the fans mad
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-13-2022 at 02:18 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-golden-go...ell-interview/

Norman has a list of people he's wronged and Peter is on there multiple times, so is Gwen, Harry and Mary Jane, but what's interesting is he also has the baby which is a reference to Mayday so maybe that her Peter was referring to could be Mayday after all.

Also a nice visual of Norman being haunted by Gwen's ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    She doesn’t sadly.

Wonder why hasn't marvel thought of retconning the baby's death and made her alive but a villain under the hand's servitude with that nurse being an agent of the hand. Seems like marvel would love to make the fans mad
    Would rather go with the Scrier Cult that Norman took over back in the Clone Saga and its aftermath, or maybe the remnants of the Goblin Nation/Underground, at least for something more tied to Spider-Man's and the Goblin's lore.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

She doesn’t sadly.

Probably because the baby existing at all ages up Peter.

Imagine if the grown up baby is a villain with the power to age up people to death, would be kinda meta, kinda funny, and really shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Probably because the baby existing at all ages up Peter.

Imagine if the grown up baby is a villain with the power to age up people to death, would be kinda meta, kinda funny, and really shitty.
    The fact that she's mentioned at all is crazy. If she is involved in the mystery box. It adds up to some things

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    The fact that she's mentioned at all is crazy. If she is involved in the mystery box. It adds up to some things
    The last thing you want is having a kid being written by Wells.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then