Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Kate and the Marauders rescue Mutants who are being persecuted around the world. Quite heroic.
    Betsy and the Knights of X are trying to save persecuted mutants and other beings in Otherworld who are being subjugated under the authoritarian dictatorship of Merlin. Quite heroic.
    Cyclops and Jean formed a new X-Men team to base in New York, because they wanted to focus on world issues that impact both human and mutant. Quite heroic.

Coping with being part of the mutant nation:
    Legion of X - exploring mutant spirituality and how to help mutants cope with being a part of a society. Kind of an informal Krakoan police force, but also providing counselling help to citizens. Sort of mixed, more of a philosophical book with an investigative bent.
    New Mutants - explores the younger generation of mutants and how they fit together in Krakoan society. Also how some people are coping with being resurrected.

Grey/Anti-Hero focus:
    Wolverine - Krakoan secret operative
    X-Force - Krakoan secret service, their version of FBI/NSA/CIA/DIA
    Immortal X-Men - Krakoan politics
    X-Men Red - Capital of Sol and interstellar politics (Storm, Magneto, Abigail Brand, Sunspot)

This isn't different than the past where different X-books focussed on different things. If you want stories grounded in the 616 Marvel universe alongside Avengers/FF then X-Men is your book. If you are ok with moving away from the United States with more international missions, then Marauders is your book. If you want to explore stories in a realm of magic then Knights of X is your book. If you want to go to Space, X-Men Red. If you want stories about the younger Generation, New Mutants, general Krakaon citizens then Legion of X, politics Immortal X-Men. Secret Service then X-Force and Wolverine.

How is the current incarnation of X-Force and Wolverine any different than it was for years. It's the same. Gerry Duggan took X-Men to New York city so they can do stories about mutants and humans interacting together.

X-Men Blue, X-Men Red, X-Men Gold, and Uncanny X-Men from the previous era followed many different teams doing different things. It was dark and depressing most of the time, with the threat of genocide hanging over the mutants in every single book.

I am glad we can just finally have stories about mutants being mutants and doing mutant things. New Mutants has been exceptional, Hellions and Sword were awesome. And though some people disliked it, I really loved Marauders and Excalibur. I loved that we had so many stories about mutants finally being able to just be themselves and not have to kowtow to human governments and institutions at every turn. Not having to worry about walking down a street and being kidnapped by the United States sanctioned O.N.E. to be tortured, experimented on, converted into hybrid puppet weapons, and killed. Extinction and Genocide have been hanging over mutants like a dark cloud since Morrison's run in the early 2000's.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    It would be nice if the X-men got to be good guys again instead of creepy cultists.
    Yeah, they still feel like creepy cultist me too. It seems this status quo is staying around for the time being so I’m going to do as I always do and follow characters I like. I’ll probably only check out Spurrier’s book, but tbh I’m not expecting too much. Gotta keep those expectations low so you don’t get too disappointed.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I’m sick and tired seeing pretty much all of the characters in the franchise that got me into comics acting wildly uncharacteristic of themselves on a dumb ethnostate where the formerly good characters have adopted the mindset and company of villainous mutants. I thought this pod people schtick was going to be a gimmick and we were going to learn why they started acting so weird, but here we are years later. And we’re just supposed to accept it? Call me crazy, but I want to see the characters who got me into comics be heroic and face hurdles that test what makes them good people. Not annual Met Gala comics with celeb cameos. I mean what the heck happened?
    I've been asking for this for years now, since before Krakoa. Ever since decimation it feels like the X-men have just been getting worse and worse.

YAWN

Can we start banning these topics there is already an unpopular opinion thread. These threads never add anything new and it's not like your in the mood to change your mind its just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    YAWN

Can we start banning these topics there is already an unpopular opinion thread. These threads never add anything new and it's not like your in the mood to change your mind its just pointless.
    "I don't agree so we have to ban it!"

Better plan: Stop looking at these threads. Seriously, all the people that like Krakoa seem to go out of their way to find and complain about anyone or anything that doesn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Yeah, they still feel like creepy cultist me too. It seems this status quo is staying around for the time being so I’m going to do as I always do and follow characters I like. I’ll probably only check out Spurrier’s book, but tbh I’m not expecting too much. Gotta keep those expectations low so you don’t get too disappointed.
    I've been following my favorites too. Just hard to do when they get written out of books or are in ones painfully bad.
    Last edited by scourge; 02-25-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    "I don't agree so we have to ban it!"

Better plan: Stop looking at these thread. Seriously, all the people that like Krakoa seem to go out of their way to find and complain about anyone or anything that doesn't like it.

More like this has been said a thousands times why are we allowing another thread about it.

More like this has been said a thousands times why are we allowing another thread about it.
    Because some people still don't like it or do you think we should only allow topics that praise the current direction?

The problem I have with these threads is that when posters present strong evidence that the mutants/X-Men are indeed still heroes, they're often not responded to. RachelGrey took the time to lay out a great list and...*crickets*. It's because the complainers just want to complain and only want to hear from other complainers to validate their complaints. The evidence is clear - the mutants are still heroes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The problem I have with these threads is that when posters present strong evidence that the mutants/X-Men are indeed still heroes, they're often not responded to. RachelGrey took the time to lay out a great list and...*crickets*. It's because the complainers just want to complain and only want to hear from other complainers to validate their complaints. The evidence is clear - the mutants are still heroes.
    it's the same thing every thread.

Mutants are cultist, colonizers, supremacist, nazi, trying to destroy humans,

*points out the flaws in their argument*

DON'T CARE NOT MY X MEN -_-

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

There are 3 titles that can give you what you want:

Gambit
    Patch
    X-Men Legends

All written by old school greats

Astonishing Member

Or they'll ignore every aspect of our posts except for one tiny angle they pick apart from a semantic standpoint as though that discredits everything else that was said. Its incredibly annoying. I'm fine with differences of opinion. I'm not fine with people only ever selectively engaging with 10% of any given post because that's the only point they have an actual counter to and they're not actually there to entertain any possibility of having their own mind changed, at the exact same time as they expect everyone else to change their mind and just cave to their own argument and be like yeah you were right all along.

Requesting arguments you disagree with be banned says more about your faith in your case than it does to mine in my topic's. I don't go to the Krakoa appreciation threads and ask that they get banned.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

The X-Men never stopped being heroes.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

X-men stories are fiction. To believe in them requires a lot of elements and it’s a matter of feeling, subjectivity… Otherwise, it’s just pictures and texts. Behind a story, there’s what the author wants to say.

Posting panels like proofs doesn’t mean much because it feels out of place if it doesn’t seem tied to the whole narrative. And by the whole narrative, I mean all the X-books.

I have never seen something that “functions” in the way it functioned in the past in this Hickman’s run. But my reference point is rather high… More the facts that the X-books are written by different authors doesn’t help.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

cultist
    Because the crucible ritual isn't cultist at all.

supremacist
    Mutant ethnostate and frequent disparaging remarks about non-mutants.

nazi
    Mister Sinister was a literal Nazi, who who experimented on children at Auschwitz with Mengele.

trying to destroy humans
    Nature Girl.

*points out the flaws in their argument*
    Go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    The X-Men never stopped being heroes.
    If they were still heroes, they would put their lives on the line to shut down Krakoa and wouldn't be harboring sadistic murderers.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!