I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Default Trial of the Amazons - what do I need to read first?

Hi!

I tend to dip in and out of Wonder Woman (I last read Rucka's Rebirth run but dropped it shortly after) and I'm excited for the first crossover in waaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

I'll definitely be giving it a go and will grab the back issues of Cloonan's run first, but do you think I'll need anything to read else between Rucka and Cloonan for this to make sense?

I'm fine with picking up context clues without specifically needing to read issue X of vol X as long as the writer keeps things vague but to the point.

I appreciate there have been a LOT of creative changes between then and now. I'm really digging Mariko Tamaki's Detective Comics run but I think I heard they didn't do so well on WW (the run preceding Cloonan).

Any info would be appreciated.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Aside from the main Cloonan/Conrad book, the stuff I'd say you should probably read/checkup on are the Nubia miniseries since the last issue will be an issue of ToA and the Artemis backups that started with #781.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The most important ones I would say:
    Nubia and the Amazons mini/ongoing

Wonder Girl (so you know who Yara is) mini

WW #781-current for the Bana backup

WW #52 (2018)-55 IF you want to just get to know more general knowledge of who the Bana are.

Yeah the main Wonder Woman boom, though very fun, doesn't sesm to be relevant to the Trial of the Amazons. The backups that start with issue 781 is the only important element to the crossover