Extraordinary Member

Default Weakest character to pass the Superman challenge?

What is the Superman challenge?

It's a series of three tests, to determine if a character is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

To be more specific these are the challenges

1. A 9 milimeter handgun will be fired down a 1000 meter race track. The character must beat it to the finish line. The character cannot start moving until the bullet begins to move.

2. Take two fully stocked freight trains. One of them will be pulled by the character, while the other will be moving like a train normally does. The character must pull their train for as long as the regular train, at speed equal to or greater than the regular train

3. The character must jump over the Burj Kalifa in with a single jump. They cannot take a running start. Flying characters cannot use their flight for this, in must be a jump

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What is the Superman challenge?

It's a series of three tests, to determine if a character is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

To be more specific these are the challenges

1. A 9 milimeter handgun will be fired down a 1000 meter race track. The character must beat it to the finish line. The character cannot start moving until the bullet begins to move.
    Hopefully, the individual firing a 9mm handgun is aiming up a bit if the bullet hopes to hit the 1000 meter mark. Also, at a 1000 meters, the bullet will have lost a ton of velocity. Maybe for more consitent results.... a 416 Barrett or 50 BMG for...yeah.

Anyways....

2. Take two fully stocked freight trains. One of them will be pulled by the character, while the other will be moving like a train normally does. The character must pull their train for as long as the regular train, at speed equal to or greater than the regular train

3. The character must jump over the Burj Kalifa in with a single jump. They cannot take a running start. Flying characters cannot use their flight for this, in must be a jump
    This is a tall order for most Marvel characters (off the top of my head). The only one I can think of that could come close would be (pre warp core) savage Hulk? But I'm not aware of any feats of him running at supersonic speeds, so...
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Mash Burnedead almost certainly can.

But he's far from the weakest.

This feels like a lot of anime and manga characters kind of wheelhouse. Having the combination of strength and speed.

I’m pretty sure Count Nefaria could do it, but that feels like overkill.

But then unless we’re talking someone with explicitly stronger leg muscles for leaping than their other strength feats, to get the jump we’re really talking a Class 100 speedster anyway.

And Nefaria’s one of the lowest of those in terms of speed while still being significantly faster than a bullet.
    Last edited by Beadle; 02-26-2022 at 03:21 AM.

Fantastic Member

Um, some trains run on electric tracks and could potentially go forever. Can we get a time limit on this one? Is it coal-power? Average number of box cars, etc? (I watch enough World Strongest Man competitions to know that the real challenge is getting it started. Momentum takes care of the rest).

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Mash Burnedead almost certainly can.

But he's far from the weakest.

This feels like a lot of anime and manga characters kind of wheelhouse. Having the combination of strength and speed.
    Depending on feat 2, I'm going with Pre-timeskip Luffy for the weakest. His Skypeia feat with the golden ball is enough for me to say that he can do all three.

*laughs* Nice challenge, BTW, OP.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Um, some trains run on electric tracks and could potentially go forever. Can we get a time limit on this one? Is it coal-power? Average number of box cars, etc? (I watch enough World Strongest Man competitions to know that the real challenge is getting it started. Momentum takes care of the rest).

It's definitely supposed to be a train with a limited fuel supply, so it will stop eventually.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Depending on feat 2, I'm going with Pre-timeskip Luffy for the weakest. His Skypeia feat with the golden ball is enough for me to say that he can do all three.
    The train he can definitely do, the leap probably, the bullet might be an issue though.

If he's allowed to be in Gear Two before the shot is fired he should be okay but Base Luffy pre timeskip isn't fast enough to my mind.

BANNED

Um....Akuma or Bison perhaps?

Spectacular Member

Jakita Wagner from Planetary could do it. She's pretty explicitly powered like Golden Age Superman. She's probably just powerful enough to do those feats, and no more.