Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yeah, it'd be especially nice if Roger Stern could write it (or co-write it, or be a big part of it).
    I would love this. I think there's endless potential with the Roderick Hobgoblin and it's wild to me how he doesn't get any play but everyone has a go at Norman

Mighty Member

It's really funny how widespread "Ned is the Hobgoblin" is to the point of people trying to predict the character in movies, but the fact he was a framed patsy was not... Roddy deserves his due!

We tripped at the finish line with the Spectacular Animated Series... But at least we got Jason in the 94' series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    It's really funny how widespread "Ned is the Hobgoblin" is to the point of people trying to predict the character in movies, but the fact he was a framed patsy was not... Roddy deserves his due!

We tripped at the finish line with the Spectacular Animated Series... But at least we got Jason in the 94' series.
    And that version of Jason was a lot more like Kingsley than traditional Jason imo. Plus he was impeccably voiced.

Even the Hobgoblin poster at universal islands of adventure's Spider-Man ride says Wanted: Ned Leeds

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Has he been apprehended since Hobgoblin Lives? He was in jail in Goblins at the Gate but escaped with his Swiss bank accounts and didn't show up til Dan Slott's run/Axis. I read his Axis mini but couldn't tell you what happened to him in Slott 's stuff
    He played a big part in Spider-Girl too, and finally met his end there at the hands of Mayday's clone April Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    He played a big part in Spider-Girl too, and finally met his end there at the hands of Mayday's clone April Parker
    April Parker? (is there a June?)

Astonishing Member

I started reading comics short before the Hobgoblin arrived and at the same time collected older stuff from the Ditko and Romita era. So I had both at the same time and could compare directly.

I was **** scared of the Green Goblin though I knew he wouldn't kill Spidey, I always had the feeling Spidey was in immediate danger when facing him off.

But Hobie was always my favorite. The battles between him and Spidey are legendary cool. And my favorite Spidey artist too.

Fantastic Member

What do you think of the chances something like this happening:
    In the upcoming arc in ASM it is revealed that the the Hobgoblin this time is Ned Leeds (or whoever he is) and he is working with the Queen Goblin and they are planning to take down both Kingsley and Norman by playing them against each over by making it look Kingsley is going after Norman and Oscorp.
    It could also be revealed that the A.I Norman/Harry is in on it as well and may result in Kingsley's death.
    What does anyone one else think about this ?
    PLEASE REPLY.
    Last edited by Xwho; 09-20-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I will really, really, really hope Marvel doesn't wait forever to release ASM Epic Collection Vol. 16, which will cover the ASM #273-288 portion of the first Kingsley saga (just before Leeds is "killed" off). A lot of this portion has NEVER been collected in trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Definitely. The Epic Collections started off releasing issues that have rarely been collected but the last few years have just concentrated on the old reliables. I really wish they'd commit to 3-4 a year to get the collection finished. Then give us Spectacular and adjective-less SM.
    The Epic Collections have tended to collect material that was either a long way off from getting a Marvel Masterworks volume, or had already been Masterworked but was out of print.

The Amazing Spider-Man Marvel Masterworks are quickly approaching the material that would be in Epic Collection vol 16, so I imagine that the Masterworks will get the first stab at those issues (with the high quality restoration job expected from the Masterworks line) and the Epic Collection will come later.

Fantastic Member

Who thinks that Paul will be the Hobgobion and why ?
    PLEASE REPLY.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Who thinks that Paul will be the Hobgobion and why ?
    PLEASE REPLY.
    Well, I can't say, honestly. But I heard that, from a Comic Con some time ago (maybe San Diego's) there was revealed a page where the HobGoblin was hugging Mary Jane. I don't know if that's true, as nobody has leaked it; but in case is true, then it could be an obvious hint of this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, I can't say, honestly. But I heard that, from a Comic Con some time ago (maybe San Diego's) there was revealed a page where the HobGoblin was hugging Mary Jane. I don't know if that's true, as nobody has leaked it; but in case is true, then it could be an obvious hint of this.
    Was it a page or a cover and could Kingsley become a main villain again if Norman was Killed off ?

Please reply.
    Last edited by Xwho; 09-24-2022 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    Was it a page or a cover and could Kingsley become a main villain again if Norman was Killed off ?

Please reply.
    spoilers:
    I saw a pic on 4chan. Don't have the link, but I think it was actually Betty, and so the theory was that Ned is that Hobgoblin. It was only a sketch anyway.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Webhead; 09-24-2022 at 03:49 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    spoilers:
    I saw a pic on 4chan. Don't have the link, but I think it was actually Betty, and so the theory was that Ned is that Hobgoblin. It was only a sketch anyway.
    end of spoilers
    those leaks be on trollng.

The page in question isn't a leak, it was what John Romita Jr. was penciling on his drawing board on a social media video. Splash page was enhanced somewhere and you can clearly make out Hobgoblin holding spoilers:
    an infant and likely Betty in the foreground standing shocked.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    If the baby is Bettys', surely it would have been better for her to have already had her child by the time the six months elapsed, as she was very, very visibly pregnant in Spencer's run. Issue 900 should have been set before whatever Peter did
    end of spoilers