Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Aquaman and Mera are married in the New52, are they not? (Seriously, are they? Haven't read, but she pops up an awful lot on the covers). So, once again: no consistency.
    I'm pretty sure they're not married.
    DC is incredibly consistant in not wanting marriages in their universe. And even if they did have that single, one Aqua-marriage, one exception is not enough to make them inconsistant.
    Also, dude is a king, having a queen to certify the line of succession with is in his job description.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Yeah, but Maggie's daughter is very young. They didn't want to drag the daughter through it, and I believe Kate/Maggie had no specific proof he was a bigot (he had said things in conversation, but no emails, letters, etc), he was going through the courts with the unwholesome for a young girl route.
    Obviously, gay marriage is legal in Gotham City, so the unwholesome for a young girl route can't possibly work.
    And as for not dragging the kid through a trial... It seems incredibly preferable to taking her away from her family and letting the father raise her.

Also, Maggie's bound to have the kind of hyper-expensive lawyers that make the outcome a done deal anyway.

Which works in a lot of places, depending on the personal views of the judge/State system.

Sad as it is to say, it is realistic. Bigots win. A lot. It absolutely f**king sucks (which is the politest way I can express my rage at this), but it is true to life.

James Buchanan (Sawyer) wasn't always a bad guy. That's Maggie Sawyer giving her ex-husband a kiss on the cheek after he helped save Jamie from Skyhook. Cited: SUPERMAN #34 (August 1989).

BANNED

As fans of Maggie Sawyer, I thought you all would like to read this Fan-fiction that sort of stars her ?

It's centered on Batman, but Sawyer plays a supporting role in the storyline....

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8032728/1/Unrehearsable

James Buchanan (Sawyer) wasn't always a bad guy. That's Maggie Sawyer giving her ex-husband a kiss on the cheek after he helped save Jamie from Skyhook. Cited: SUPERMAN #34 (August 1989).
    Thank you! I didn't remember him being an *******. Glad I'm not losing my memory yet. lol

They should of just had Maggie and Kate split up without any pretext, although I personally think their dedication to not having anyone actually develop into a happy marriage to be rather distressing.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Obviously, gay marriage is legal in Gotham City, so the unwholesome for a young girl route can't possibly work.
    And as for not dragging the kid through a trial... It seems incredibly preferable to taking her away from her family and letting the father raise her.

Also, Maggie's bound to have the kind of hyper-expensive lawyers that make the outcome a done deal anyway.
    He's suing for paternity in Metropolis, so the laws there are those that would apply.

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    I personally think their dedication to not having anyone actually develop into a happy marriage to be rather distressing.
    I don't care so much about marriages (still p**ed off about Clark/Lois and Peter/MJ, though), and I do understand DC's point somewhat that it ages the character, but if a relationship develops well then it should be able to result in marriage. Especially Kate and Maggie, IMO, as they were such a great couple.

I'd be happy for Batwoman to move to metropolis with Maggie. Gotham has too many Bats anyway, and it'd be fun to see them together in a lighter, more positive setting.
    Last edited by exile001; 09-12-2014 at 02:38 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

He's suing for paternity in Metropolis, so the laws there are those that would apply.
    I can't imagine Superman's city is a darker place than Gotham.

I'd be happy for Batwoman to move to metropolis with Maggie. Gotham has too many Bats anyway, and it'd be fun to see them together in a lighter, more positive setting.
    That is ... a great idea.

If the cost of bringing Maggie Sawyer back to the Metropolis Special Crimes Unit is Kate Kane also comes to the Superverse, that's a bargain I'd make in a heartbeat!

However, while I believe the Batverse would let go of Maggie fairly easily, no way would they let their critically acclaimed darling Kate out of their editorial jurisdiction.

But that's a new potential resolution to keep in play. Have to look at all possible options here (no matter how unlikely) to get Sawyer home.

#BringMaggieBackToMetropolis

Originally Posted byCarabas >>
    I can't imagine Superman's city is a darker place than Gotham.

Hey now, it's not like there aren't ANY silver linings within Gotham, otherwise Batman and Co. would be complete failures at their jobs of crime-fighting. Likewise, it is NOT all sunshine and lollipops in Metropolis, otherwise Lexcorp, Intergang and Cadmus would all be shut down for good.

Actually, things can be pretty brutal in Metropolis. They were when we were first introduced to Maggie Sawyer in SUPERMAN (volume 2) #4 in April 1987.

The villain of the issue, a very heavily armed sociopath nicknamed Bloodsport, opened fire on civilians in broad daylight, after which we are introduced to Maggie Sawyer for the very first time:

Maggie Sawyer debuts in a scene where two dozen civilians are shown slaughtered in Metropolis? Quite an intro, I'd say.

So even though it's not as common in Metropolis, bad things still happen there.

Also, while Metropolis may not have Gotham's rep as a breeding ground for physically violent blue-collar assault and battery (that Batman still isn't close to squashing), that does not mean that the City of Tomorrow isn't a breeding ground for emotionally violent white-collar hypocrisy and bigotry (that Superman cannot and will not ever directly solve with his powers). Especially a city that allowed a company like LexCorp to flourish in the first place.

Metropolis needs Maggie Sawyer way more than Gotham does.

Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-12-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Incredible Member

Metropolis needs Maggie Sawyer way more than Gotham does.

Well, tell that to the people working over at DC who seem to disagree with that notion. Eleven years in the Batverse remember. She has become more a Batverse character than anything else. DC has no use for her in Metropolis since Superman can do all the job by himself. If Luthor can outsmart Superman (the Superman who can book a medical book in few seconds), do you really think Maggie could outsmart Lex (no disrespect to Maggie IQ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Well, tell that to the people working over at DC who seem to disagree with that notion.
    Do they? Maggie and Kate are broken up now. I know what happens to ex-significant others of super-heroes: they get marginalized and pushed aside. See: Lois Lane in the wake of the Superman/Wonder Woman romance; see also: Steve Trevor in the wake of the Superman/Wonder Woman romance. The people working at DC would be more inclined to arrange another transfer if Maggie is an EX-girlfriend or EX-fiancee, which she is. The opportunity is there, right now.

Eleven years in the Batverse remember.
    Fifteen years in the Superverse, remember? Fifteen is more than eleven.

She has become more a Batverse character than anything else.
    Don't think so. Not with appearances in SUPERMAN:THE ANIMATED SERIES and SMALLVILLE. And what exactly is Maggie doing in the Batverse now, post-breakup?

DC has no use for her in Metropolis since Superman can do all the job by himself.
    What a ludicrous statement. Metropolis doesn't and wouldn't depend on just Kal-El. Superman's not God, he's not everywhere at once. And he has a civilian life to maintain. He's not "on" 24/7. Someone has to pick up the slack.

Metropolis is big enough for other protectors in Superman's shadow, esp ones that are on the city's own payroll and can be be held accountable by the city.

If Luthor can outsmart Superman (the Superman who can book a medical book in few seconds), do you really think Maggie could outsmart Lex (no disrespect to Maggie IQ) ?
    Another ludicrous statement. Luthor has to be the smartest man in the DCU in order to offer a decent enough challenge to Superman (which he is and he does). Maggie and the SCU aren't usually after the protected Luthor (who employs half the city) as much as they are after the openly criminal Intergang and the other Super-enemies who pose a direct and immediate threat to the safety of Metropolis' citizens.

Btw, Has Maggie ever directly outfoxed the Joker (who can outfox Batman) in Gotham? No? Well, then she MUST be useless there, according to your logic.