Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

That Destiny and Mystique voted differently might be the key. With Destiny back, Mystique doesn't really offer the council any special strengths or skills or power. Destiny can see the future, she's necessary. Mystique is not. The council voted Hope in after Magneto leaving because of Hope's status as the mutant messiah and of her position in the 5. So I think in order to give Selene a seat they are going to vote Mystique off, and obviously Destiny knows this, but didn't tell Raven because this needs to happen for the good of the future. Plus Mystique can be moved to a title where see her in the field. Maybe she joins XMen Red.

BANNED

SHE was EVERYTHING in Immortal!

Selene's dark aura & wicked wisdom CAST a LONG SHADOW over the proceedings, just as envisioned.

My enjoyment & enthusiasm hinges *entirely* around what the future holds for HER, as of next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Sunspot really needs to stop by and toss Selene back into that pit of lava he tossed her into.
    Hmmm I wonder what Magma would think though?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That Destiny and Mystique voted differently might be the key. With Destiny back, Mystique doesn't really offer the council any special strengths or skills or power. Destiny can see the future, she's necessary. Mystique is not. The council voted Hope in after Magneto leaving because of Hope's status as the mutant messiah and of her position in the 5. So I think in order to give Selene a seat they are going to vote Mystique off, and obviously Destiny knows this, but didn't tell Raven because this needs to happen for the good of the future. Plus Mystique can be moved to a title where see her in the field. Maybe she joins XMen Red.
    Maybe Irene is stringing Mystique along because she knows if Mystique learns what she eventually will ,she will be the reason Irene's machinations are undone. Irene seems to hint in Inferno 4 that her and Mystique's fates are intertwined and not just in a romantic sense and so they opted to consolidate themselves in the council. Since Gillen wrote the obscure and enigmatic Unit AI character I keep wondering if he won't re-visit the character and reveal he and Irene planned the whole scheme from the start to create some sort of galactic peace. I don't think Irene is a somnambulist through her visions , she may not have sensed Moira directly ,but perhaps she set her off as a catalyst for some grand plan that Mistique may/will wreck.

BANNED

Since the almighty, *eternal* vampiric psychic goddess has been so centric to recent comments there, brought this here from Immortal #1's thread, instead:

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    ... Usually the character who amuses me the most in this Krakoa era is Sinister... but this time, while he is still pretty funny, I think the winner is Selene. ...
    Though personally, I'm more reluctant to declare anybody won, when clearly...

the game's just begun. But fair warning, she *does* have more life experience,

than the rest of the QC...lueless, combined, lol. Only time will tell who comes out...

on the BOTTOM [BITCH]!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...in one issue I've come to hate (not overstating) Gillen. And not only because of what he did to Selene (although that's a main factor...the extreme resolution to the problem made very little sense.) but also how the story was written overall. Yes, he's strong with characterisation but I'm not 100% sure if it's good characterisation.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

They can the can down the road as much as they want but they've no protection against magic and Selene is a wealth of knowledge and power

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...in one issue I've come to hate (not overstating) Gillen. And not only because of what he did to Selene (although that's a main factor...the extreme resolution to the problem made very little sense.) but also how the story was written overall. Yes, he's strong with characterisation but I'm not 100% sure if it's good characterisation.
    Why don't you like his characterisations? I think the voices hi gave to Exodus, Hope, Selene and Sinister are spot-on.

I suppose it's "spot-on"...I just never liked Exodus and Hope very much. Sinister is...Sinister. But...while I can accept Selene being duplicitously petty I cannot accept her mingling with the likes of the Akabba Asswipes.

I just didn't like how the threat in this issue was dealt with and how the story unfolded, overall.
    They kill her with a very convenient (anti)magic bullet. They resurrect her instantaneously (while the Kaiju Gate was reforming itself) Then manipulated her mind and powers to get rid of the threat. Then kill her seconds after and sends her to the back of the Queue. With the implication that if ever she's resurrected she will be sent to the Hole for what she did.

I know the QC were morally questionable but Gillen really highlighted and underscored the lengths they are willing to go. Especially against someone who...we were told was actually helping Krakoa deal with its power and energy-siphoning hunger in a safer and more controlled manner (I guess that's been thrown out and forgotten)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-18-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

Did Sinister get any genetic material to clone Selene?

Selene more and more degraded and easier to kill lol, she's already been so embarrassed in her appearances than on cable and in cap america, that even people like bucky or Longshot give her problems.
    but that is straw, there was a need to kill her twice in the same issue ????? XD

Astonishing Member

I'm still waiting for it to get mentioned that Externals are already capable of resurrection WITHOUT going through the protocols, although the logistics and timeline of them doing that tends to vary from writer to writer so while resurrecting them via the queue could speed up the process, its not outside the realm of possibility that Selene might still be able to manage a return under her own External power (or via some contingency spell she established ahead of time).

Tbh I think it just comes down to whether Gillen has concrete plans already to continue her story in IX and have them resurrect her for her trial, or if this was him wrapping things up with her for now....in which case it could theoretically be open season for another writer to bring her back via External/sorcery shenanigans in a different book.

I'm just saying. Its Selene. Death is more just an inconvenience to her, even without the Five.

I get that.

I just absolutely hate how this all played out.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm still waiting for it to get mentioned that Externals are already capable of resurrection WITHOUT going through the protocols, although the logistics and timeline of them doing that tends to vary from writer to writer so while resurrecting them via the queue could speed up the process, its not outside the realm of possibility that Selene might still be able to manage a return under her own External power (or via some contingency spell she established ahead of time).

Tbh I think it just comes down to whether Gillen has concrete plans already to continue her story in IX and have them resurrect her for her trial, or if this was him wrapping things up with her for now....in which case it could theoretically be open season for another writer to bring her back via External/sorcery shenanigans in a different book.

I'm just saying. Its Selene. Death is more just an inconvenience to her, even without the Five.
    They knew she would come back on her own at some point which is why it was so dirty. It was meticulous. They brought her back only so she was weak enough that exodus could alter her mind then killed her again so whenever she does come back the changes have already been made. They violated selene in the worst way, basically changed her character and sent her into the abyss.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Selene is an external and will come back on her own eventually , as she always does .