Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm still waiting for it to get mentioned that Externals are already capable of resurrection WITHOUT going through the protocols, although the logistics and timeline of them doing that tends to vary from writer to writer so while resurrecting them via the queue could speed up the process, its not outside the realm of possibility that Selene might still be able to manage a return under her own External power (or via some contingency spell she established ahead of time).

Tbh I think it just comes down to whether Gillen has concrete plans already to continue her story in IX and have them resurrect her for her trial, or if this was him wrapping things up with her for now....in which case it could theoretically be open season for another writer to bring her back via External/sorcery shenanigans in a different book.

I'm just saying. Its Selene. Death is more just an inconvenience to her, even without the Five.
    At the very end Destiny screamed about Time and Space and a Ghost. I don’t think they really solved the problem at all.

When Morgan Le Fay was held captive in Avalon, Clan Akabba resurrected her. Are we sure Selene didn’t make some sort of deal with the for the same?

While I agree, she appeared to be degraded, Destiny screaming about a ghost suggests it’s nowhere near over. Magic is nowhere near that easily undone. They couldn’t even resurrect depowered mutants until Apocalysw became involved, and he knows magic.

Apocalypse has let himself get killed too, when it suits his schemes.

Its Selene. Death is more just an inconvenience to her, even without the Five.
    100%
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They knew she would come back on her own at some point which is why it was so dirty. It was meticulous. They brought her back only so she was weak enough that exodus could alter her mind then killed her again so whenever she does come back the changes have already been made. They violated selene in the worst way, basically changed her character and sent her into the abyss.
    She's a sociopathic, narcissistic, vampire. She didn't like their decision and summoned a monster to murder them.
    The sympathy pool is shallow, if not nearly dry. lol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    100%

She's a sociopathic, narcissistic, vampire.
    For you perhaps...but I love her. I've always loved her so...I have oceans of sympathy and anger. no-LOL
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

100%

She's a sociopathic, narcissistic, vampire. She didn't like their decision and summoned a monster to murder them.
    Eh, I'm not a Selene 'fan' per se, because like you said, the sympathy just isn't there, lol, but as far as compelling antagonists go, I think unless Gillen DOES have further plans for her already, this on its own was a waste. She's an ideal foil for the QC and proof that there are mutants among their nation who are more than capable of wielding power and influence even without having an actual seat at the table in Krakoa's governing body. I was hoping for a more long-running plotline where its like, Selene's rejected and temporarily thwarted by the Council and thus she pursues other avenues of growing her personal powerbase on Krakoa, which the QC would understandably be wary of and seek to undermine as well, but...eh. Oh well.

Honestly I just found it kinda anticlimactic, is the thing. Gillen gave her a promising start, but ultimately just appears to have defaulted to pretty much the same usage every writer seems to pick for her....just using her as street cred to up the bad-ass/competency of the characters a writer picks to thwart her and bring her down. *Shrugs* Just a waste of one of the bigger threats in the X-franchise toybox, IMO.

100%

So is sinister and xavier knows what his chimeras lead to. He also killed his hellions, raided Tarn's stuff which nearly got Krakoa attacked and all of that was swept under the rug. But they hunt selene down, kill her conveniently, alter her very personality and then kill her again all just to show how far some members of the council will go, namely one willing to violate her own stance on being the head of resurrections for a plot that was created in the same book simply for this moment. Yeah... That's a plot device. Selene was just fine before this and was more of an asset to Krakoa then sinister this whole era even helping in X-corp. This was not a death that was earned but it is what it is i guess. I'm not going on her personality i'm going on the story and where we are and what has been happening in this very era. This is as convenient as say mutants being excess deviants that the Externals need to weed out.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-18-2022 at 11:02 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes...it stinks of the same "Mutants are Deviant" contrivance Gillen himself is pushing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    At the very end Destiny screamed about Time and Space and a Ghost. I don’t think they really solved the problem at all.
    I don't think the ghost quote has anything to do with Selene however. It was a variation of what Sinister said during his encounter with Irene back in the 1920s in issue #1...whatever she whispered to him, whatever that prompted him to freak out over....it had him muttering similar stuff, so I think this is something to do with whatever that was about, and I doubt its specific to Selene.

I'm still waiting for it to get mentioned that Externals are already capable of resurrection WITHOUT going through the protocols, although the logistics and timeline of them doing that tends to vary from writer to writer so while resurrecting them via the queue could speed up the process, its not outside the realm of possibility that Selene might still be able to manage a return under her own External power (or via some contingency spell she established ahead of time).

Tbh I think it just comes down to whether Gillen has concrete plans already to continue her story in IX and have them resurrect her for her trial, or if this was him wrapping things up with her for now....in which case it could theoretically be open season for another writer to bring her back via External/sorcery shenanigans in a different book.

I'm just saying. Its Selene. Death is more just an inconvenience to her, even without the Five.
    Gillen seems to want to write the Externals out of the story permanently.

And yeah, the QC went WAY out of line here. Then when Selene called them out on their BS... this happened.

Can't even justify it by claiming the Externals were bad guys, since it was the NICE Externals that got turned into the gate. Granted Selene isn't the only evil External, but... she's one of the bad ones.

Like I said, I think Gillen just wants to get rid of the Externals as a group.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Gillen seems to want to write the Externals out of the story permanently.

And yeah, the QC went WAY out of line here. Then when Selene called them out on their BS... this happened.

Can't even justify it by claiming the Externals were bad guys, since it was the NICE Externals that got turned into the gate. Granted Selene isn't the only evil External, but... she's one of the bad ones.

Like I said, I think Gillen just wants to get rid of the Externals as a group.
    Uh, Hickman and Howard were the ones who turned four of the Externals into that Gate, and I’m failing to see how the QC responding to Selene throwing an undead Kaiju at the island over losing an election by not resurrecting her for now is them being out of line. Unless we’re supposed to overthrow the government when the people we don’t like win legal elections?

The problem with the QC is them being horribly biased. It's ok to kill one or two other mutants, but when you resurrect a gate as a giant monster that is too far!11!

And you can't even say it's subterfuge, Rictor knows what Apocalypse did to the Externals. Heck he even helped. Rogue also outright killed Apocalypse, Beast is guilty of so many war crimes at this point, Shaw killed Kitty, etc.. I'm sure I could keep going on, but it is problematic who they decide to punish or who they decide to look the other way for.

Also Selene wasn't trying to overthrow them, she was trying to bargain / intimidate them.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 05-18-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The problem with the QC is them being horribly biased. It's ok to kill one or two other mutants, but when you resurrect a gate as a giant monster that is too far!11!

And you can't even say it's subterfuge, Rictor knows what Apocalypse did to the Externals. Heck he even helped. Rogue also outright killed Apocalypse, Beast is guilty of so many war crimes at this point, Shaw killed Kitty, etc.. I'm sure I could keep going on, but it is problematic who they decide to punish or who they decide to look the other way for.
    Rictor was so busy worshipping Apocalypse he never would have told, and do you expect Gambit to give anyone the chance to bring back Candra? Shaw’s actions are being kept secret by Kitty and Emma on purpose to have leverage on him, Beast is operating on the Council’s behalf and with their approval, and I forget the circumstances of Rogue but I doubt it was the same as throwing a giant Kaiju that could have killed hundreds of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Rictor was so busy worshipping Apocalypse he never would have told, and do you expect Gambit to give anyone the chance to bring back Candra? Shaw’s actions are being kept secret by Kitty and Emma on purpose to have leverage on him, Beast is operating on the Council’s behalf and with their approval, and I forget the circumstances of Rogue but I doubt it was the same as throwing a giant Kaiju that could have killed hundreds of mutants.
    And you think none of telepaths won't or haven't already taken note of what Apocalypse did? The QC knows, they just don't care. Same for Emma and Kitty's dealings, same for Beast and same for Rogue.

Again, they are not operating as a balanced or fair system, they are choosing who is going to be made an example of based on their current needs. That's the whole premise of Krakoa, Selene could kill a hundred humans and get away with it, if the QC needed her.

But apparently they have decided they don't, for now.

BANNED

I don't think the ghost quote has anything to do with Selene however. It was a variation of what Sinister said during his encounter with Irene back in the 1920s in issue #1...whatever she whispered to him, whatever that prompted him to freak out over....it had him muttering similar stuff, so I think this is something to do with whatever that was about, and I doubt its specific to Selene.
    I believe it does. The mutants have never been able to beat anything magical without getting serious help from someone magical skills.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I believe it does. The mutants have never been able to beat anything magical without getting serious help from someone magical skills.
    Oh I absolutely agree that Krakoan vulnerability to magic is going to be a plot point moving forward, and that the Selene plot probably isn't done for good. I'm just saying I don't think Irene's ghost comment had to do with either of those things specifically, and whatever is going on with that is the same thing that was at play in the 1920s scene between her and Sinister.....and I think that's more likely time travel/Moira related than something to do with the Selene or magic plot.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    And you think none of telepaths won't or haven't already taken note of what Apocalypse did? The QC knows, they just don't care. Same for Emma and Kitty's dealings, same for Beast and same for Rogue.

Again, they are not operating as a balanced or fair system, they are choosing who is going to be made an example of based on their current needs. That's the whole premise of Krakoa, Selene could kill a hundred humans and get away with it, if the QC needed her.

But apparently they have decided they don't, for now.
    Yeah, this^^^^

The QC know what Apocalypse did. No ---- way you can get me to believe they didn't notice. But they decided to play along with cold-blooded murder.