Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    For you perhaps...but I love her. I've always loved her so...I have oceans of sympathy and anger. no-LOL
    I love her too. She's wildly entertaining.
    I'm just saying -- in universe, there isn't much to sympathize with. She's hilarious but also entirely villainous. I enjoyed the theatricality of her entire narrative for this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So is sinister and xavier knows what his chimeras lead to. He also killed his hellions, raided Tarn's stuff which nearly got Krakoa attacked and all of that was swept under the rug. But they hunt selene down, kill her conveniently, alter her very personality and then kill her again all just to show how far some members of the council will go, namely one willing to violate her own stance on being the head of resurrections for a plot that was created in the same book simply for this moment. Yeah... That's a plot device. Selene was just fine before this and was more of an asset to Krakoa then sinister this whole era even helping in X-corp. This was not a death that was earned but it is what it is i guess. I'm not going on her personality i'm going on the story and where we are and what has been happening in this very era. This is as convenient as say mutants being excess deviants that the Externals need to weed out.
    I was speaking exclusively about Selene, not making comparisons, excuses or apologies for the other evil mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Oh I absolutely agree that Krakoan vulnerability to magic is going to be a plot point moving forward, and that the Selene plot probably isn't done for good. I'm just saying I don't think Irene's ghost comment had to do with either of those things specifically, and whatever is going on with that is the same thing that was at play in the 1920s scene between her and Sinister.....and I think that's more likely time travel/Moira related than something to do with the Selene or magic plot.
    Irene told people not to kill the monster because of all the Dimension destruction it would cause. So her collapsing would be related.

Sinister knew Hope joining the council would lead to some sort of disaster from his Moira’s. But apparently future Sinister did not send back the full story. Hope joining the council is a disaster.

She should join eventually.

Multiverse the one with the most political skills, Xavier, is the most open to Selene joining the council.

Emma in undermining Charles and Magneto caused a lot of damage, that she can’t undo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I love her too. She's wildly entertaining.
    I'm just saying -- in universe, there isn't much to sympathize with. She's hilarious but also entirely villainous. I enjoyed the theatricality of her entire narrative for this arc.

I was speaking exclusively about Selene, not making comparisons, excuses or apologies for the other evil mutants.
    Duly noted but not exactly the point. the same writer in the same story had other characters doing more villianous stuff and getting patted on the back for it while selene was chastised and humilated. That was more the point and a clear show of bias especially since he introduced the obstacle and desire for Selene in the same issue. Meaning this was plotted together and as such Hope goes for council/ doesn't think she is going to get it so uses her bargaining chip resurrurections to get her seat. okay she hurts no one.
    Sinister has been resetting time with Moira clones, is already on the council and is playing with chimeras and gets called a hero by Xavier. We know sinister is on the council or was because he offered the DNA.
    Selene makes a bid for a council/ uses her reason as a bargaining chip the same way hope used resurrections and charles does not cave like the council did for Hope, instead he chastises Selene and in the following issues where even Selene uses Sinister as an example and in her mind just like everyone else based on the story at the least we know her reasons are for the protection of Krakoa just as much as hope and Sinister (though we also know his chimeras scratch his science itch and charles knows what chimeras lead to) and even the story didn't say otherwise, and she is hunted down in the same way as moira but by hope, shot in the head with mysterium (why not make a mysterium cage for the magic monster) and then brought back using the very means Hope dangled over the council to be put on it and used that to show she can change/alter/ and take control of anyone who dies and is willing to do it with no hestitation. (I know if i found out i would rather do everything possible to stay alive then fall in the resurrection arms of Hope) Then to top it off all of the five just disappeared and let her do her thing, none of the council had a problem with. It's all way to convient, way too forced. Maybe i'm missing something but it makes no sense to me and feels purposeful, intentional and lacking quite a bit of current character history and motivation and the worst part is so far it's not even for a reason. The council is facing no external threat, krakoa isn't at war, the council isn't searching for orichis and moira, all of this has simply been to explore the means and purpose of the council and not in a way that makes sense to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I think that's exactly it...Gillen is exploring "the means and purpose of the council".
    And it's not that we didn't know the QC members were biased or, turned a convenient blind eye often, or used their "privilege" for their own personal means, but...this was literally character assassination for Selene and poorly executed at that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

If ever there was someone who needed shwacking...it's her. But I stand by my previous argument that after what she pulled over in Captain America she should have been in The Pit.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Since the almighty, *eternal* vampiric psychic goddess has been so centric to recent comments there, brought this here from Immortal #1's thread, instead:
    Huh, didn't expect to be quoted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    If ever there was someone who needed shwacking...it's her. But I stand by my previous argument that after what she pulled over in Captain America she should have been in The Pit.
    She started that run killing a person, just that alone should send her to the Pit lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

...as if anybody cares about Coates-Cap.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

People are ignoring context. Selene went to Coven Akhaba. A coven a powerful sorcerers who freed Morgan Le Fay from imprisonment by Jamie. Of course, since they have their own issues with Krakoa, they will resurrected Selene. We’ve seen Selene resurrected by magic before. The last time it was Amora the Enchantress.

She’s actually proven her point. As with Destiny screaming at tge end of this issue the crisis is not over

I wonder if Selene knows Madelyne is going to take over Limbo. They would be proud of her protégé. In fact she may hav known as she makes her bid for the council at the same time Madelyne is about to take over Limbi.

Gillen got dragged a bit for his treatment of the Black Priestess on the latest installment of Cerebro podcast that he was a guest on by the podcast host Connor Goldsmith. It was all kinds of hilarious and sent Gillen a message as clear as Selene's conjured kaiju.

The podcast episode is a great listen, especially if you are a fan or fascinated by Sinister. Most of the Selene discussion happens near the beginning of the episode conveniently enough: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6lg...cfaOP58Lg&nd=1
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-24-2022 at 01:07 PM.

It seriously does seem like Selene is more popular than Hope and Exodus. Poor Gillen.

BANNED

Looks like karma could come quick...

and vengeance might be swift.

Suppose ya could argue, tho...
    that it already has, and was.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 05-25-2022 at 12:47 AM.

What is that from?
    Future issue or past issue I wasn't aware of?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    What is that from?
    Future issue or past issue I wasn't aware of?
    That’s a future issue. This is the first time the 5 got killed. Sinister voted for Hope to be on the Council. Because he knew it would lead to disaster.

What Hope did was start with Coven Akhaba. They most likely resurrected Selene and they/she sent a supernatural assassin to get revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I've never liked Selene... until now. The updated look saved her for me. I hate the Hellfire Club bondage gear she normally wears. Who can take a character seriously in lingerie in 2022?
    I can. In fact the bondage gear makes her scarier.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Looks like karma could come quick...

and vengeance might be swift.

Suppose ya could argue, tho...
    that it already has, and was.
    Reminds me of the invisible Eternal who was standing in the background during a resurrection in the FCBD Judgement issue.