Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    She is an immortal hedonist, she probably had kids out of boredom and then abandoned the powerless ones, the mutants she ate. This would have led to inactive x-gene carriers entering the gene pool.
    She was worshipped as a goddess. Plenty of people to babysit her children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Her power is by its nature vampiric. Creating life seems to be the antithesis of her integral quality.
    Yet in Nova Roma she has a son who is Magma aka Amara Aquila’s father.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's a story that needs to be told properly. I have a hard time believing she wouldn't kill/eat every lover she took to bed. I have an even harder time believing she would allow a lifeforce to develop inside her for a whole term, let alone raise a child. I do remember that Magma connection, but it's not really jelling with what we've known of Selene otherwise.
    In X-Man Maddie was her apprentice/lover and she found her amnesiac.

Selene doesn’t kill everyone she associates with. And doesn’t try to. Plus who knows there are immortals who she can’t drain like Apocalypse she might have bedded.

Selene is not evil per de. She was born in a time where people sacrificed to the gods and her shamans in her tribe, when they realized she absorbed life force sacrificed the tribe to her. She got a bad start in life, lol.

The people ij her cults who performed to her standards she was perfectly fine and nice to. Failures she are their souls. I think lovers who have it to her good are safe. Come to think of it she didn’t kill Wither.

I do wonder about Wither did she really like him or just found his power intriguing because she did seduce him and then lead him to his death by going up against the X-men

If Wither's powers get expanded from just a death touch he could be a terrifying villain.

I will also like to point out that Selene met Dani Moonstar she tried perform a ritual that would have turned Dani into her immortal companion.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Are we sure the Selene who’s been on Krakoa this whole time is the real Selene? She’s been wearing way too much clothing to be considered in character s/.

But seriously I wish artists would stop consistently referring to that hideous strap dress thing Anka designed years ago. It looks so clunky and pedestrian for such a vampiric goddess like herself.

28871C7D-F19B-43C5-8112-DDEA444AA589.jpg
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

it seems to me that we will have to wait till April.. but it is more likely Selene joins the Quiet Council more than becoming their enemy

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I will also like to point out that Selene met Dani Moonstar she tried perform a ritual that would have turned Dani into her immortal companion.
    She wanted to make Rachel her companion/apprentice. Much later on she found Madelyne, who became her apprentice in X-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I do wonder about Wither did she really like him or just found his power intriguing because she did seduce him and then lead him to his death by going up against the X-men

If Wither's powers get expanded from just a death touch he could be a terrifying villain.
    Except you have almost no mutant villains these days. I think it was a combination of her liking him
    Plus being intrigued by people with similar powers. She felt that police Lois London and Wither deserve d more. She was worshipped for her psychic vampiric powers, but here these modern mutants who were scorned for it, even my other mutants.

I’m surprised they haven’t brought back any of her Necrosha crew. Even Blink has not been seen on Krakoa.

Yaaaaaaas Queen! i need more of this Selene. lol. Immortal was GOOD! it started slow but it got goooood.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Except you have almost no mutant villains these days. I think it was a combination of her liking him
    Plus being intrigued by people with similar powers. She felt that police Lois London and Wither deserve d more. She was worshipped for her psychic vampiric powers, but here these modern mutants who were scorned for it, even my other mutants.

I’m surprised they haven’t brought back any of her Necrosha crew. Even Blink has not been seen on Krakoa.
    Blink is a member of S.W.O.R.D, was part of Nightcrawler’s crew and fought and tied with Nightcrawler in Cable.

Mortis on the other hand is nowhere to be seen.

Mighty Member

Bummed she didn’t get the council seat but I would love for her to stick around as a long term antagonist. She deserves an amazing storyline and character development.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

On the one hand...Selene absolutely deserved to be on the QC...from day one.
    On the other...I don't want her on the QC if they're going to continue making stupid decisions. She's so much more than that and she knows it...if they don't value her experience and knowledge then she really doesn't need to be there.

My Black Queen fucking **** Up!

(I just hope Gillen doesn't do my Moon Goddess dirty next issue)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I loved the design they gave her in Immortal X-Men. Best she's ever looked IMO. It was sleek and stylish and I think it suited her very well. Also I don't think we've seen the end of her gunning for a seat just because they turned her down now. I think Gillen's setting her up as a longterm recurring antagonist, and he clearly is a fan of her and interested in making her a valid threat and active player.....so she might not get the current seat, but there will be others. I'm expecting Piotr's seat to come up for grabs at some point, once the mind control story gets out in the open, and Selene's like.....okay dibs.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I loved the design they gave her in Immortal X-Men. Best she's ever looked IMO.
    I've never liked Selene... until now. The updated look saved her for me. I hate the Hellfire Club bondage gear she normally wears. Who can take a character seriously in lingerie in 2022?

But this version of Selene I can take seriously as a major X-villain.