Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The Council got played by Sinister, as simple as that. Electing Selene would have given them magical barriers against the Eternals and saving The Five would have even alleviated the situation between the QC and the Five despite not voting in Hope.

Now the Krakoans don't have their oldest mutant and strongest magic wielder, stand the risk of having a powerful enemy in her if she is resurrected, no resurrection unit, and are another Quiet Council member short as the Eternals descend on them. Just lovely.
    She’s going to be resurrected. And the XMen will have a powerful enemy in her. I do think Xavier will be able to smooth things out, though and eventually she will join the council. But first the consequences you mentioned need to play out.

Emma, Mystique, and Destiny were too eager to undermine Xavier and Magneto. Those two would have pushed for Selene to be on the council.

No matter how bad she wants it, Emma will never be a leader like Xavier, Magneto, or Storm. She is simply not major league.

Nor is Hope. It is a lesson they are about to painfully learn.

Meanwhile, Krakoa didn’t just make an enemy against Selene. She was hanging out with Coven Akhaba, who will want to teach her a lesson.

Sinister will face consequences as well at some point. I suspect he goes in the hole and by then Selene will be on the council. We have to see how soon it is before she is officially resurrected.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And this proves her point. They need other means of resurrection. I don’t think it will take long for Selene to get even though.

Coven Akhaba will bring her back.
    While I like a good villain and Selene is pretty high on pedigree , I don't think Krakoa will EVER entrust Selene with resurrections,.As valid as her point is, to entrust her with resurrections is tantamount to entrusting Sinister with full resurrection from genetic database to sculpting of the husks..not gonna happen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    While I like a good villain and Selene is pretty high on pedigree , I don't think Krakoa will EVER entrust Selene with resurrections,.As valid as her point is, to entrust her with resurrections is tantamount to entrusting Sinister with full resurrection from genetic database to sculpting of the husks..not gonna happen
    Sure, they would entrust Selene like they entrusted every major male villain to be a serious part of Krakoa. Magneto, Exodus, Sinister, Sebastian Shaw alll have important roles on the council. Proteus, who used to possess people and burn out their bodies is one of the 5.

There’s no excuse for not admitting Selene to the QC.

Astonishing Member

Sure, they would entrust Selene like they entrusted every major male villain to be a serious part of Krakoa. Magneto, Exodus, Sinister, Sebastian Shaw alll have important roles on the council. Proteus, who used to possess people and burn out their bodies is one of the 5.

There’s no excuse for not admitting Selene to the QC.
    I didn't say she won't join the council,she may do so,but I seriously doubt she'll be doing resurrections. Shaw and Sinister on the council are being lampooned. I think Selene is better served steering clear of the council and being the antagonist from without. Unless you want her to resurrect everyone with a magic kill switch or soul bond to her.Coz Selene doesn't do altruism..I think if this is the writer's play then she'll burn her last bridge with the island ,I don't think she'd care but that would be going out with a bang I guess.I was thinking more along the lines of Eternals during A.X.E revealing her as a far bigger danger than Krakoans know, teasing a possible reveal that she and Krakoa have ancient history and she and the night table on Arrako have been involved in mass ELEs in the past. If Apoc had a great backstory ,why can't Selene? The only difference is I want Selene to remain a villain that is dreaded not made to look like a joke on the QC.

Also Exodus, despite having weird ideas about what being a hero means... is trying to be a hero so.... I don't think he's gonna suddenly change his mind and smash Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I didn't say she won't join the council,she may do so,but I seriously doubt she'll be doing resurrections. Shaw and Sinister on the council are being lampooned. I think Selene is better served steering clear of the council and being the antagonist from without. Unless you want her to resurrect everyone with a magic kill switch or soul bond to her.Coz Selene doesn't do altruism..I think if this is the writer's play then she'll burn her last bridge with the island ,I don't think she'd care but that would be going out with a bang I guess.I was thinking more along the lines of Eternals during A.X.E revealing her as a far bigger danger than Krakoans know, teasing a possible reveal that she and Krakoa have ancient history and she and the night table on Arrako have been involved in mass ELEs in the past. If Apoc had a great backstory ,why can't Selene? The only difference is I want Selene to remain a villain that is dreaded not made to look like a joke on the QC.
    Being that every other villain has become something of a team player for Krakoa, it appears the same will end up true of Selene.

The villains for Krakoa are those that hate mutants. Robots/trans humans, Eternals, anti mutant magicians like Merlín, aliens, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also Exodus, despite having weird ideas about what being a hero means... is trying to be a hero so.... I don't think he's gonna suddenly change his mind and smash Krakoa.
    Exodus is reliable ,in that he is 100% pro Krakoa.I can't see him turning against Krakoa. He may turn against those who have cold feet on defending Krakoa as an entity though..or possibly if the protocols are disbanded ,since he can resurrect the dead he could possibly make his own enclave of mutants who want to continue being immortal under his leadership (a la White Sword). We'll just have to wait and see what Destiny teases about his endeavours.
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-31-2022 at 12:49 PM.

She’s going to be resurrected. And the XMen will have a powerful enemy in her. I do think Xavier will be able to smooth things out, though and eventually she will join the council. But first the consequences you mentioned need to play out.

Emma, Mystique, and Destiny were too eager to undermine Xavier and Magneto. Those two would have pushed for Selene to be on the council.

No matter how bad she wants it, Emma will never be a leader like Xavier, Magneto, or Storm. She is simply not major league.

Nor is Hope. It is a lesson they are about to painfully learn.

Meanwhile, Krakoa didn’t just make an enemy against Selene. She was hanging out with Coven Akhaba, who will want to teach her a lesson.

Sinister will face consequences as well at some point. I suspect he goes in the hole and by then Selene will be on the council. We have to see how soon it is before she is officially resurrected.
    Emma is already a major league.

Selene too they will resurrect her. and give a spot in the council

BANNED

Been thinkin' an EPIC RIVALRY 4 the AGES, has been baked in...

BETWEEN these soon-2-be, made-2-order ARCH-FRENEMIES...

SELENE the sorceress...

and WANDA the Witch?!

Amazing Member

who knows maybe selene could fit in even apocalypse was with them for a time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Been thinkin' an EPIC RIVALRY 4 the AGES, has been baked in...

BETWEEN these soon-2-be, made-2-order ARCH-FRENEMIES...

SELENE the sorceress...

and WANDA the Witch?!
    I would love that.

Some new art featuring the Queen

pretty-cool-huh

Last edited by Galerion; 10-25-2022 at 07:24 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's pretty damn good.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

And this proves her point. They need other means of resurrection. I don’t think it will take long for Selene to get even though.

Coven Akhaba will bring her back.
    Why would Coven Akkaba want to resurrect Selene when she's affiliated with the Externals? Wouldn't it make far more sense for her to somehow be brought back by the citizens of Nova Roma?

OMG
    KK1.jpg