Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Pre-Crisis Darkseid vs 616-Marvel Earth

Pre-Crisis Darkseid swaps Apokolips and Planet Mars (616), just before the Crisis on Infinite Earth final wipe/reset.

So now Pre-Crisis Apokolips is in 616-Earth's solar system, where Mars formerly was located.

Darkseid decides present day 616-Earth will be his first conquest in this new universe.

How do the heroes do? If this is a stomp, Mentor and the Eternals of Titan can join in, double-teaming it. (Assume A'lars is alive again if he's still dead, lol.)

(Nods to Masonicon.)

Is Franklin still depowered?

Also, I think Big mentioned in another thread that Thor currently has the Odinforce, so… that’s nice.

And how nerfed is Black Bolt right now?
    Last edited by Beadle; 03-01-2022 at 01:24 AM.

Shouldn't current Sentry be able to go toe to toe with him now?
    Last edited by Cody; 03-01-2022 at 03:57 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Shouldn't current Sentry be able to go toe to toe with gim now?
    I dunno. PC Darkseid completely no-sold and laughed off PC Kryptonians.

I think he’s probably out of Sentry’s paygrade, but everything around Sentry is always a bit fuzzy, so who knows?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I dunno. PC Darkseid completely no-sold and laughed off PC Kryptonians.

I think he’s probably out of Sentry’s paygrade, but everything around Sentry is always a bit fuzzy, so who knows?
    Pre Crisis Darkseid was also a psychic capable of dominating 3 billion beings at once and telepathically owned Saturn Girl while flattening a dozen other members of the Legion. Given Sentry's comparative psychological frailty, I don't think he even needs to fight him conventionally.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Basically, PC Darkseid here is one of those 'we're going to have an entire miniseries that ties into every title in Marvel' villains who is likely only defeated by massive SMvsFL or PIS at the end. Or some magical toy someone finds that's never seen nor hear of again. He's strong enough to ragdoll PC Kryptonians, mentally powerful enough to crap all over planetary-level telepaths, has the backing of an entire planet and its impossible tech and armies, etc, etc.

Thanos on crack, effectively.

How are Thor's feats with the Odinforce these days?
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-01-2022 at 07:47 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Don't forget teleporting planets around. Given he could control 3 billion Kryptonian/Daxamite level minds, he takes control of most of the powered beings on Earth as his minions. Then you just have a few of the toughest, watching the rest of their friends and the villians attacking them as DS watches.

He one shotted Mon-el with an energy blast, so I think most MU folks except top tier (and who? SS, Sentry?) can't take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Pre Crisis Darkseid was also a psychic capable of dominating 3 billion beings at once and telepathically owned Saturn Girl while flattening a dozen other members of the Legion. Given Sentry's comparative psychological frailty, I don't think he even needs to fight him conventionally.
    Dude is no longer mentally fragile, he casually shrugged off a telepathic assault from one of his old villians(Cranium I think?).

I mention him being able to go toe to toe with PC Darkseid based on him casually stomping a guy who became as powerful as his original self. Considering Thanos(who is considered capable of beating PC Supes on here) is on the same level as the old Sentry, wouldn't that mean current Sentry could put up a good fight against PC Darkseid?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Dude is no longer mentally fragile, he casually shrugged off a telepathic assault from one of his old villians(Cranium I think?).

I mention him being able to go toe to toe with PC Darkseid based on him casually stomping a guy who became as powerful as his original self. Considering Thanos(who is considered capable of beating PC Supes on here) is on the same level as the old Sentry, wouldn't that mean current Sentry could put up a good fight against PC Darkseid?
    The slightly contentious case of Thanos beating PC Supes isn't based on comparable power output. It is based on his durability being just enough to withstand the blitz long enough to bust out red sun or kryptonite radiation or telepathy. All of which PC Superman folded like wet paper against, and none of which would matter against Darkseid.

Did the Omega Effect erasing people from existence come about precrisis? Because one of the biggest hurdles in a Sentry fight is putting down a guy who comes back from being exploded on a molecular level.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Even still, there's shrugging off some dude called Cranium and standing up to someone who effortlessly controls 3 billion people /while/ taking on most of the Legion of Superheroes, Superman, Supergirl and a reborn Orion. And during that fight he effortlessly owned Saturn Girl who is a highly potent psychic in her own right.

PC Darkseid is a real psychic threat.

Astonishing Member

To be fair Sentry's psychic power was at times the given reason why all of Marvel Earth (including Professor X, who was featured in the first couple Sentry stories) didn't remember the guy existed, to the point of being blind to the Sentry tower that was there all along towering above Manhattan.

That he also happened to be mentally frail was just something integral to the character, and also a convenient way (as long as writers bothered with a good explanation, instead of Wasp summoning a random alien worm) for writers to find a way out of directly fighting someone so powerful, like when Sentry invaded the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    To be fair Sentry's psychic power was at times the given reason why all of Marvel Earth (including Professor X, who was featured in the first couple Sentry stories) didn't remember the guy existed, to the point of being blind to the Sentry tower that was there all along towering above Manhattan.

That he also happened to be mentally frail was just something integral to the character, and also a convenient way (as long as writers bothered with a good explanation, instead of Wasp summoning a random alien worm) for writers to find a way out of directly fighting someone so powerful, like when Sentry invaded the X-Men.
    Plus he did bust out of Dr. Stranges dream world.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Did the Omega Effect erasing people from existence come about precrisis?
    I would like to know this, too.

Astonishing Member

Plus he did bust out of Dr. Stranges dream world.
    Even back then Sentry's psychic powers were stated to be powerful enough to hold his /physical/ powers together. It's just that he was also a guy fighting mental illness and addiction, and obviously not as trained or experienced as the long career telepaths in Marvel. But this mental weight he can throw around is the reason he could break those Strange magics, or why Emma Frost said it was too dangerous for her to poke into his mind without him giving her permission.

About Cranio, the guy is totally obscure from a single canon mini but to his credit he was super intelligent enough to have become Sentry's second nemesis (after the Void) by building a good enough psychic helmet and robotic beasts to fight Sentry and his Superboy-style sidekick back in the day. What was beyond his ability was recreating the full Sentry serum powers, though he was able to do it in his lab once getting the original creator's notes.

But the point of Sentry overcoming Cranio was not so much about Cranio himself, but the context in which it happened. Cranio drew Sentry's stabilized mind into "Sentry World" (a Matrix-style mental dimension devised by Doctor Strange and Iron Man) where Cranio's intellect had previously allowed him to become a powered-up avatar of his real world villain self in order to terrorize Bob, whose fractured psyche rendered him a powerless civilian there. But after Sentry transformed into his merged self and Cranio transported his mind to Sentry World again, Bob still looked like merged Sentry and one-shot Cranio. The point being, Sentry was then as strong psychically as he was physically.

With that said, if this is strictly present day Marvel Earth, Sentry is not an asset since he's currently in Valhalla (don't ask) but as said Thor just attained the Odinforce and can go to Midgard immediately for a threat this big, and Iron Man has an actual Celestial armor (don't ask, maybe).
    Last edited by Wildling; 03-01-2022 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Even back then Sentry's psychic powers were stated to be powerful enough to hold his /physical/ powers together. It's just that he was also a guy fighting mental illness and addiction, and obviously not as trained or experienced as the long career telepaths in Marvel. But this mental weight he can throw around is the reason he could break those Strange magics, or why Emma Frost said it was too dangerous for her to poke into his mind without him giving her permission.
    Almost positive that was because the Void was in there.

Nothing of what you've presented is > PC Darksied regardless.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan