Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That's because it was a stupid plot point. Although him being a dude that looks like a human primate is also pretty stupid. So many humanoids - on Star Trek it was because a forehead was cheaper than any other alien setup.
    But he has those beautiful square irises….

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    But he has those beautiful square irises….
    There's also that ... I'm not sure if that's facial hair or not ... and that ... I'm not sure if thats hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Every race supposedly sees Galactus differently (which is something writers and artists keep forgetting) so that just makes we wonder what a Klingon's Galactus looks like.
    I'd like to imagine Galactus just stopped caring and decided that his drip and sick fade were more important than suiting the look of other people.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

There's also that ... I'm not sure if that's facial hair or not ... and that ... I'm not sure if thats hair.
    Where does the purple box in Galactus’ eyes come from. As we can clearly see in panel 2, it’s not in the helmet and it’s not in his own eyes either. Clearly something about him just feeling comfortable in his hat gives him Purple Box Eyes.

Also, why does he need a hat that tall? What kind of rollercoaster has such an extreme “You must be this tall to ride” limit that Galactus needs an extra-tall hat? The Celestial Corkscrew? Or is the One Above All just a nickname for the universe’s biggest amusement park ride?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Also, why does he need a hat that tall? What kind of rollercoaster has such an extreme “You must be this tall to ride” limit that Galactus needs an extra-tall hat? The Celestial Corkscrew? Or is the One Above All just a nickname for the universe’s biggest amusement park ride?
    Galactus is the Space Pope. Tall hat, outfits that would embarrass Liberace....
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Also, why does he need a hat that tall?
    Because it matches his skirt.

Why does he wear the skirt? Well according to his daughter Galacta ....

I always thought he was bald under the helmet....
    Last edited by choptop; 03-04-2022 at 02:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I always thought he was blade under the helmet....
    Devourer of worlds by day, vampire hunter by night.

The blood suckers won't know what hit them.

Galactus is just basically Cosmic Worf, isn’t he?

Astonishing Member

Wonder how he shaves? Interesting question - does Thanos, Darkseid, Adam Warlock, whomever - go to SpaceMart and buy a pack of razors - made of what? Supes came up with burning his beard with heat vision with a fragment of his baby space shape. Using the Power Cosmic or Omega Beams on your mustache doesn't sound like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    This man needs life alert.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Jeez, good one!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Hello, this is Life Alert. How may I help you?"

"Help. Galactus hath fallen and cannot rise again."

"OK." *off microphone* "Galactus has fallen over again. Someone get the celestial crane and pick him up."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member

It may be that he was mentally compromised. It may not have been your point.
    May be? The New Avengers reveal, back during the 99% time of his career people widely know him as being a total basket case, was all about how he repeatedly, globally mindwiped Marvel Earth in a cycle (pointed out by the Illuminati Mister Fantastic/Professor X exchange) but still had it in him to slip calls for help, despite a lack of psionic training, to throw that off, including subconsciously feeding his life experiences to a comic writer, and despite Mastermind (probably most famous for the Dark Phoenix Saga where he messed with Jean) intending to erase Sentry completely and operating at the time on a "the stronger the mind, the easiest for me to manipulate with illusions" basis.

I was just pointing out odd inaccuracies, which should be understandable to exist at this point for a character people are game to ackownowledge as mega-powerful, but who literally has dozens of powers now and for which even writers seem to want to dance around status quos for.

Sorry to interrupt any convos.
    Last edited by Wildling; 03-05-2022 at 11:22 PM.