Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Catwoman bisexual

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...isexual-anika/

This is ridiculous. For 80+ years both in comics and movies Selina/Bruce has been shipped heavily just like Clark/Lois. Now Zoe Kravitz plays her and all of a sudden she's bisexual. I'm tired of this strong push from movies/shows to twist fan favorite characters to fit their agenda. Stick to established canon.

Ultimate Member

I thought she’s been bisexual for a while now.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I thought she’s been bisexual for a while now.
    It was officially stated back in the comics in 2015 but she had some pretty flirtatious scenes with women before then so it had been assumed to be so since the mid-90's.

So yeah, definitely not a big deal.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post

This is ridiculous. For 80+ years both in comics and movies Selina/Bruce has been shipped heavily just like Clark/Lois. Now Zoe Kravitz plays her and all of a sudden she's bisexual. I'm tired of this strong push from movies/shows to twist fan favorite characters to fit their agenda. Stick to established canon.
    Batman: Son Of The Demon says otherwise.

If I understand the concept of bisexuality, it means that those who are bisexual can be sexually attracted to either gender. Nothing about that stops a Selina/Bruce pairing.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Does it matter?

I remember people flipping out when Iceman came out as gay. or John Ken as Bi. Who cares. Does it change the core concept of the characters? Still super powered being fighting other Super powered beings. It is not like they are marching in Pride Parades or giving long speeches about gay rights and all of that. So they show a couple panels of them hanging out or going on a date with their boyfriends and maybe they show Catwoman flirting with a woman. Who cares? I dont see what agenda they are trying to push?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

As for "Established Canon..." -

https://www.theverge.com/2015/2/27/8...c-comics-lgbtq

Catwoman is officially bisexual
    After decades of hints and rumors, the original Catwoman, Selina Kyle, finally came out of the closet as bisexual this week. In Catwoman #39, Selina is the head of Gotham's Calabrese crime family, and, on the brink of a mob war, shares a kiss with the woman currently in the Catwoman costume, Eiko Hasigaway, in a moment that promises that have major ramifications for both characters as the storyline progresses. It's a big moment for the narrative, but most important is that, according to series writer Genevieve Valentine, the confirmation is canon.

It says a lot when you use that line...yet Catwoman being Bi (something that IS established canon...however poorly it was implemented in said canon) is the only perceived deviation from canon you bring up...

As Lawrence of Arabia said. Nothing is written, lest we write it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    If I understand the concept of bisexuality, it means that those who are bisexual can be sexually attracted to either gender. Nothing about that stops a Selina/Bruce pairing.
    And what about Bruce, anyway? Just sayin'.

Ah, yes......nothing like the good ol' days of canon when 95% of the heroes were white and there were no gay characters allowed in comics!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Invincible Member

The article you linked you literally states that she's bi-sexual in the comics...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post

And you can find a lot of scenes in old movies of that era where 2 males are bunking together. Laurel and Hardy did it a lot.

But I do recall in the opening scenes of the John Wayne True Grit that when Maddie went into the nearest big town she stayed at a bordering house/hotel that was full because there was to be a hanging that day. Maddie was shown a room with an old lady sleeping in it and she had to share the bed. I imagine that could have happened a lot in those days.

Bruce has no excuse because he lives in a mansion and Dick Grayson should have his own room at least!

Funny how they only seem upset when it's a change from white or heterosexual. Reminds me of when the new Battlestar Galactica started up and all the usual suspects lost their minds over Starbuck being a woman. But they were all silent about Boomer being a woman or being played by an Asian actress when the character was originally played by a Black man. They also said not a word about Col. Tigh being white when the original version of the character was Black. But they swear they're not racist or sexist or homophobic. They just want the characters to stay as they were originally intended. Yeah, right.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post

The "cold shower" reference makes reading something into this so much easier.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?