Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is Kitty?

BANNED

Default How is Kitty?

I am talking of the one and only Kitty Pryde ofcourse.

Thought I ask?

Last I heard she ran out on her wedding, what has she been doing since then?

Has Colossus moved on?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am talking of the one and only Kitty Pryde ofcourse.

Thought I ask?

Last I heard she ran out on her wedding, what has she been doing since then?

Has Colossus moved on?
    Kitty, now 'Kate,' is one of the members of the Quiet Council, which is the governing body of the mutant nation of Krakoa. She is also the captain of the Marauder ship and the Red Queen of the Hellfire Trading Company.

Colossus had a girlfriend named Kayla, but he recently killed her while under the control of his evil brother who is seeking to destroy Krakoa. He has also been put on the Quiet Council but since he is under the control of Krakoa's enemies that's going to go badly, and he was chosen to be a yes-man for Xavier and Magneto and not because of his abilities.

Hmm, a really brisk general summery.

She's now a pirate queen for Krakoa. Her and her merry band of misfits sail around the world on Emma's dime picking up mutants in hostile terrorizes.

Also,

She goes by Kate now. Call her Kitty at your own risk.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Kitty, now 'Kate,' is one of the members of the Quiet Council, which is the governing body of the mutant nation of Krakoa. She is also the captain of the Marauder ship and the Red Queen of the Hellfire Trading Company.

Colossus had a girlfriend named Kayla, but he recently killed her while under the control of his evil brother who is seeking to destroy Krakoa. He has also been put on the Quiet Council but since he is under the control of Krakoa's enemies that's going to go badly, and he was chosen to be a yes-man for Xavier and Magneto and not because of his abilities.
    WOW, That seems like a lot but thanks for the info. Her story seems to have gone like Arya from Game of Thrones, but then again, she was always like Arya.

I am not surprised this is what has become of her. I always thought her running out on her wedding was going to be too much of a big story arc that marvel would not just be able to brush to the side as they did with the Alex , Lorna and Nurse Annie nonsense back in the day.

Marvel went on to pretend Nurse Annie ever existed and Alex was begging Lorna to take him back after he was the one that left her at the alter. I never saw Kitty and Colossus having that kind of aftermath, so I am not surprised too Colossus tried to move on and got a new girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Hmm, a really brisk general summery.

She's now a pirate queen for Krakoa. Her and her merry band of misfits sail around the world on Emma's dime picking up mutants in hostile terrorizes.

Also,

She goes by Kate now. Call her Kitty at your own risk.

Thanks for the advice. LMAO! What a funny panel.

Extraordinary Member

In other words, she's being mind controlled (or at least manipulated) by her arch nemesis.

All-New Member

Thanks for the advice. LMAO! What a funny panel.
    There's a lot of history in that panel.

Shaw wasn't happy that she got the title of Red Monarch (as he was aiming to make his newly resurrected son, Shinobi, take the position to streghten the Shaws' grasp). He went as far as drowning her, thinking if the she can't use Krakoan Gates, then maybe the Krakoan resurrection process won't work either. Thankfully it did... after several attempts and Frost realizing that she didn't break out of the 'egg' because her psyche- she doesn't break through barriers, she ignores them and phases through them.
    Frost, Pryde & Storm found out what Shaw did and planned revenge- this panel was just the beginning.
    Oh it wasn't Emma's slap that gave him the black eye, but Kate's punch just before that.

And if you would like to follow Kate's adventures again now is a great time as the relaunched Marauders #1 was just recently released, as well as Immortal X-Men which highlights the Quiet Council.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Kate also made out with the female tattoo artist that inked her knuckles.

She died and was resurrected with awful hair

You mean like in bed?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You mean like in bed?
    I bet you wouldn't even feel anything when you're with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

WOW, That seems like a lot but thanks for the info. Her story seems to have gone like Arya from Game of Thrones, but then again, she was always like Arya.

I am not surprised this is what has become of her. I always thought her running out on her wedding was going to be too much of a big story arc that marvel would not just be able to brush to the side as they did with the Alex , Lorna and Nurse Annie nonsense back in the day.

Marvel went on to pretend Nurse Annie ever existed and Alex was begging Lorna to take him back after he was the one that left her at the alter. I never saw Kitty and Colossus having that kind of aftermath, so I am not surprised too Colossus tried to move on and got a new girlfriend.
    Well, while Kate has gotten tons of development and been integral to the books she is in, it's another story for Colossus. His gf came out of nowhere, they received no development, and she was quickly killed in a very shallow story. Colossus has barely been used since the wedding and when he is, he comes off as a joke. Kate comes off as a bad ass though and it much more popular than she was back then.

Spectacular Member

She’s now an utterly useless character because so many people in the X-Office fell in love with her as adolescents and have duly ruined her with published fanfic.

Her and Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    She’s now an utterly useless character because so many people in the X-Office fell in love with her as adolescents and have duly ruined her with published fanfic.

Her and Wolverine.
    How is she useless ? She's the captain of her own team, the Marauders book completely centered around her and Emma (to an annoying point, honestly), and she is part of the ruling council of the new era.
    I can understand you don't like her characterization in the Marauders book (I personnaly do), but calling her "utterly useless" is a bit much I think.

Astonishing Member

We can no longer call her Kitty? That's just not right.