Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How is Kitty?

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    She’s now an utterly useless character because so many people in the X-Office fell in love with her as adolescents and have duly ruined her with published fanfic.

Her and Wolverine.
    Isn’t that the sad reality that Kitty is a true victim of. I mean Claremont at times, Whedon, Guggenheim, Bendis (the worst offender) just loved writing Kitty having romantic storylines with insert male characters of themselves due to their crush of the character. Hopefully that’s been different for a change with the Krakoa era unless I’m missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Apparently Kate Pryde is under some sort of mental influence....She flat out hates Emma before Krakoa but somehow is now BFFs with Emma.
    Character growth??! What is that? We all know these characters’ opposing relationships never develop or change as they are firmly cemented in the 80’s.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Character growth??! What is that? We all know these characters’ opposing relationships never develop or change as they are firmly cemented in the 80’s.
    especially since they mended bridges in Whedon's run. Up until at least Bendis they've had at least a begrudging respect for each other. Didn't read the post Bendis era so I don't know anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The straight hair and pony tale is an Evolution thing. Her hair was meant to be curly or wavy.
    Evolution came out in 2000. Kitty's hair was drawn straight at times in the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I think the issue was that she flat out hated Emma in the era right before Maraurders (I think it was Winters End or one of the Iceman issues). Their close status was jarring bc the character growth wasnt shown

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    especially since they mended bridges in Whedon's run. Up until at least Bendis they've had at least a begrudging respect for each other. Didn't read the post Bendis era so I don't know anything about that.
    Emma had done things that put Kitty back on the distrust train (IvX, Mothervine)
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-15-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Evolution came out in 2000. Kitty's hair was drawn straight at times in the 90s

If you are talking about her straight hair in X-Treme , it was thicker and had more volume (someone said volume is important) and she looked like an adult, then the waves came back in Astonishing. Gosh, have her GROW again. I am sick of her age regression. The preference for dull hair at the time. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    If you are talking about her straight hair in X-Treme , it was thicker and had more volume (someone said volume is important) and she looked like an adult, then the waves came back in Astonishing. Gosh, have her GROW again. I am sick of her age regression. The preference for dull hair at the time. Bleh.
    X-treme was in the 2000s. I said 90s.

Her hair was straight her last few years in Excalibur and she was often drawn straight when she returned to the X-men
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-15-2022 at 12:34 PM.

Given the new direction of the Marauders, I'd love her to meet up with Quill again. I always liked them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Given the new direction of the Marauders, I'd love her to meet up with Quill again. I always liked them together.
    Yeah, I can take it or leave it. But, I'll always be partial towards Star-Lady

Extraordinary Member

I think the issue was that she flat out hated Emma in the era right before Maraurders (I think it was Winters End or one of the Iceman issues). Their close status was jarring bc the character growth wasnt shown

Emma had done things that put Kitty back on the distrust train (IvX, Mothervine)
    Pretty much this...it would have been like if Wolverine and Sabretooth showed up in the Krakoa era as BFFs ignoring their entire history.

Isn't that era mostly ignored anyways ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Isn't that era mostly ignored anyways ?
    No. It was referenced directly in the Marauders volume that has Emma and Kitty be super close