Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
    Spectacular Member

By my username, you know why I am here. Hoping for the best but keeping my expectations firmly rooted to the floor of the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I called it!
    Honestly, this is the most insane mashup of dead superhero plus insanely powerful mystical threat that I could ever have imagined. Jed MacKay is a genius. I need him to write Doctor Strange and Clea forever.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I had wished that Clea would keep the title and the headline for the book even after the good Doctor returned. I've always been a fair weather Strange fan, but have loved what McKay has done with Clea in the spotlight. I will probably continue to pick up the title even after the transition for a little while at least.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I had wished that Clea would keep the title and the headline for the book even after the good Doctor returned. I've always been a fair weather Strange fan, but have loved what McKay has done with Clea in the spotlight. I will probably continue to pick up the title even after the transition for a little while at least.
    She'll still probably be in a much better place than she was before MacKay took over.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She'll still probably be in a much better place than she was before MacKay took over.
    That is true. Three years ago I would never have imagined Marvel would have given her a solo series, but they did and gave it to a most excellent writer as well!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It's getting that time of year again where they will be locking the Appreciation threads on January 1.

I was getting ready for the new Stephen Strange thread, but then, given the new book emphasis on Clea and Strange, wondered if it should be a combined thread? Or do folks want a separate Clea thread? Either would be great with me. And of course, if folks want the latter, Clea should definitely start the Clea 2023 thread. Or if Clea wants to start the combined thread, that would be cool too.

If it was a combined thread, I would suggest something like SORCERER SUPREMES: CLEA AND STEPHEN APPRECIATION for a title. Any other suggestions?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's getting that time of year again where they will be locking the Appreciation threads on January 1.

I was getting ready for the new Stephen Strange thread, but then, given the new book emphasis on Clea and Strange, wondered if it should be a combined thread? Or do folks want a separate Clea thread? Either would be great with me. And of course, if folks want the latter, Clea should definitely start the Clea 2023 thread. Or if Clea wants to start the combined thread, that would be cool too.

If it was a combined thread, I would suggest something like SORCERER SUPREMES: CLEA AND STEPHEN APPRECIATION for a title. Any other suggestions?
    SORCERERS SUPREME is better grammar.

Astonishing Member

I think one thread makes sense -- since most of the discussion will spring from one book.

I agree with one thread for 2023. Not a slight to either Clea or Stephen but I don't see any reason to divide the conversations when they are going to be sharing what will undoubtedly be an amazing series.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    SORCERERS SUPREME is better grammar.
    Oops.

Sorry about that. But yes, with that correction. Or perhaps:

STRANGE MAGIC: CLEA AND STEPHEN APPRECIATION

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I agree with one thread for 2023. Not a slight to either Clea or Stephen but I don't see any reason to divide the conversations when they are going to be sharing what will undoubtedly be an amazing series.
    That was my thinking, but it was great to see Clea get the spotlight this year, so if folks want her to have her own thread, that's cool too.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

How about BY THE VISHANTI! THE CLEA & STEPHEN STRANGE APPRECIATION THREAD 2023 ?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    How about BY THE VISHANTI! THE CLEA & STEPHEN STRANGE APPRECIATION THREAD 2023 ?
    I like that one too!