Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
Great first issue! If MacKay keeps it up, I'm not sure how happy I'll be when Stephen inevitably returns....

My only critique would be why not call this series something else? Sorcer(ess) Supreme would've been a more fitting title than Strange; or even just Clea works for me.
Calling the book 'Strange' provides some continuity for fans who don't know who Clea is. She's been sidelined for so long that I suspect a lot of casual Doctor Strange fans don't really know about her. I'd have to go back and actually count the years in which she regularly appeared vs the years in which Marvel broke them up as a couple and banished her to oblivion in the Dark Dimension, but for most of the last several years, she has barely been around at all. Had they called it Sorceress Supreme, I think some fans would complain and whine, 'Oh look, Marvel is replacing a DUDE with a GIRL to be WOKE!!!111!!!" and skip over it.

Possibly the title is also a pointer to the throughline of this story, which is Clea's goal to find and restore Stephen Strange. (That may be a stretch. I'd have to ask Jed MacKay if this was one of his intentions.)

I appreciated the point that Clea made in this issue that the Faltine don't have surnames (and from what we've seen, neither did her Mhuruuk ancestors), so she purposely adopted Strange's last name to show the world that Strange is still the Sorcerer Supreme, and she is enacting his last wishes.