Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wanda did resurrect herself a while ago, maybe Clea could ask her how she did so while avoiding the "price of magic" after they punch some villain in the face .
    Might be a BIT late for that....

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Lee Garbett posted the cover art to Strange 9 in his Twitter acct today. It's so, so pretty! And so spoilery! I'm editing this post to just link to the tweet in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled by seeing the cover just yet.

https://twitter.com/LeeGarbett/statu...rsLL_Fb7fbBlyg
    spoilers:
    Stephen kind of looks like Fandral now...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    And here I thought it was just me...

I love me some Wong .

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Might be a BIT late for that....
    Because Clea spoilers:
    knows he's alive?
    end of spoilers

'Cause in that case, she could ask Wanda about it anyways, just in case Strange resurrects himself in some way again, and avoid the dreaded "price of magic" lol.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe it's Mistress Death's requirement to be her Sorcerer Supreme.
    end of spoilers

Damn, I understand why Wong's father did that but, damn lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Because Clea spoilers:
    knows he's alive?
    end of spoilers

'Cause in that case, she could ask Wanda about it anyways, just in case Strange resurrects himself in some way again, and avoid the dreaded "price of magic" lol.
    Something like that, yes, although spoilers:
    Strange being alive
    end of spoilers depends on your definition.

I’m really loving this book, but it just has a certain vibe to me....that it’s not really an ongoing series, but rather an extended maxi-series, and once this story is told ~ in, say, 10-15 issues ~ the book will come to an end.
    Hope I’m wrong.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    I’m really loving this book, but it just has a certain vibe to me....that it’s not really an ongoing series, but rather an extended maxi-series, and once this story is told ~ in, say, 10-15 issues ~ the book will come to an end.
    Hope I’m wrong.
    I’m hoping we’ll get a minimum of 12 issues before Stephen comes back, where MacKay will get a chance to reboot it after a few months, like he did with Black Cat.

Hell, he keeps getting the chance to tell more, and more BC stories after the last ongoing was cancelled.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m hoping we’ll get a minimum of 12 issues before Stephen comes back, where MacKay will get a chance to reboot it after a few months, like he did with Black Cat.

Hell, he keeps getting the chance to tell more, and more BC stories after the last ongoing was cancelled.
    I will remind folks that Stephen & Clea now share a surname...

Who's to say Strange cannot continue when he officially returns?

I will remind folks that Stephen & Clea now share a surname...

Who's to say Strange cannot continue when he officially returns?
    Make it a family affair .

Make it a family affair .
    Well, Sofia IS still out there...

Well, Sofia IS still out there...
    I would love to see Sophia officially return. To the best of my knowledge, she was last seen in Doom Wastelanders, searching for Stephen. If she's out there in that universe, who's to say she can't just hop back over to the main 616 universe to check in with Clea?
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

This is only a problem when writers focus on HOW a character can do things, as opposed to WHY.

If you take the current STRANGE series as an example, we have 2 or 3 sides going on here.

Clea: What's really interesting is the lengths she's willing to go to achieve her goals. Might she go too far down the path of the warlord?
    Death: One of the oldest conceptual entities in the 616 universe. Why did she create the Harvestman now of all times? Does it have something to do with the sudden outflow of souls from the afterlife?
    The Blasphemy Cartel: At first, their goals seemed simply criminal & financial, but they seem to have skills that would make that trivial. So what is their deal?

NONE of this requires us to discuss "the rules" or "the cost" of magic.
    Yeah, that does sound pretty interesting. It's just when magic users use magic to SOLVE their problems, things can get pretty confusing (to me at least). The current Strange series sounds and looks like it is doing a good job of incorporating magic in its stories. I don't feel the same way about the MCU stuff right now. Just too much magical "cheating" going on there in my opinion.

Since this is a Clea thread, I AM curious about her role in Marvel "horror comics". Does she hunt monsters and demons like so many Marvel horror characters do? I'm asking this because I recently watched the Werewolf by Night trailer and felt some distinct old-school horror vibes from it. That being said, I just checked on Wikipedia and it appears Clea was NEVER part of the Midnight Sons. I have no idea who this Elsa Bloodstone dame is, but apparently she's not afraid to drive stakes into her opponents' hearts. I just can't imagine Clea doing that. I feel she's too "cosmic" for that kinda thing. But I could be wrong. Clea being worried about "incursions" shows to me that she's not gonna be teaming up with Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing, Elsa Bloodstone or Ghost Rider ANYTIME soon (which is really weird because I can TOTALLY picture Theron doing hand-to-hand fighting stuff). I'm actually against the introduction of the Midnight Sons into the MCU UNLESS they remove some of the other groups in the MCU because I feel there's ALREADY too many teams in the MCU. I guess you can say Strange and Clea CAN be part of Marvel's horror line of heroes, but plenty of posters on this thread don't even think the MoM was a proper horror film! I think it was (due to the somewhat graphic nature of the violence in it), but it was WAY too campy for my tastes.

Funny how Clea is in the vanguard of "magical movement" in Marvel Comics these days:

https://screenrant.com/clea-strange-...marvel-comics/

I myself was also more interested in the cosmic/tech elements in Marvel and DC Comics when I read them. Clearly the MCU and DCEU felt the same way. They focused on that stuff more as well in the past dozen years. I appreciate Marvel trying to mix things up. Just how long has the "magical world" of Marvel been "neglected"?!!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 09-23-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Since this is a Clea thread, I AM curious about her role in Marvel "horror comics". Does she hunt monsters and demons like so many Marvel horror characters do?
    Not really. While she was around during the heyday of horror in the 1970s, she was pretty much written as a damsel in distress most of the time. She started getting some agency in the 1980s, but this is actually her first solo book.

I'm asking this because I recently watched the Werewolf by Night trailer and felt some distinct old-school horror vibes from it. That being said, I just checked on Wikipedia and it appears Clea was NEVER part of the Midnight Sons.
    At the time the Midnight Sons were a thing, Clea was busy fighting a rebellion against Dormammu in the Dark Dimension.

I have no idea who this Elsa Bloodstone dame is, but apparently she's not afraid to drives stakes into her opponents' hearts. I just can't imagine Clea doing that. I feel she's too "cosmic" for that kinda thing.
    Elsa started out as a pretty blatant Buffy the Vampire Slayer clone, but was re-invented as a more sarcastic and mature character in Warren Ellis' NEXTWAVE.

But I could be wrong. Clea being worried about "incursions" shows to me that she's not gonna be teaming up with Moon Knight, Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing, Elsa Bloodstone or Ghost Rider ANYTIME soon.
    We know nothing about the MCU version. At all. Referencing the comics doesn't help, and merely muddles things.

Just how long has the "magical world" of Marvel been "neglected"?!!
    Since sometime in the 90s, I think. Around the time Stephen's ongoing ended.