Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

So is Clea a COSMIC character? Or is she a HORROR character? I mean, does she hang out more with dudes like Silver Surfer? Or does she do most of her palling around with Ghost Rider? I'm still not convinced that Stephen Strange is a horror character, but apparently the MCU is making him into one. Clea is not really a "traditional" superhero in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    So is Clea a COSMIC character? Or is she a HORROR character? I mean, does she hang out more with dudes like Silver Surfer? Or does she do most of her palling around with Ghost Rider? I'm still not convinced that Stephen Strange is a horror character, but apparently the MCU is making him into one. Clea is not really a "traditional" superhero in my opinion.
    More of a magic character.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    As Frontier said, she is a magic character. She's not a cosmic character, though being half Faltine gives her innate ability to cross dimensions and being a Sorcerer(ess) Supreme, she has also certainly interacted with cosmic characters and beings. She knows Silver Surfer and in fact created an entirely new being out of a combination of Silver Surfer's essence and her own magic. She's dealt with vampires and monsters and demonic-type beings but that doesn't make her a horror character. She does most of her 'palling around' with Stephen, Wong, the Defenders (at various times in their existence), the Asgardians, and the various peoples of the Dark Dimension.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wanda Maximoff
    Possibly the question meant which version of Wanda Maximoff, since she's undergone so many changes in powers and personality over the years that you kind of need a cheat sheet to keep up with which Wanda you're dealing with at any given time.

Anyway, in a Clea vs Wanda story, obviously the winner would be the fans.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More of a magic character.
    Interesting. Thanks for the elaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    As Frontier said, she is a magic character. She's not a cosmic character, though being half Faltine gives her innate ability to cross dimensions and being a Sorcerer(ess) Supreme, she has also certainly interacted with cosmic characters and beings. She knows Silver Surfer and in fact created an entirely new being out of a combination of Silver Surfer's essence and her own magic. She's dealt with vampires and monsters and demonic-type beings but that doesn't make her a horror character. She does most of her 'palling around' with Stephen, Wong, the Defenders (at various times in their existence), the Asgardians, and the various peoples of the Dark Dimension.
    Thank you for the explanation. To ME, I would always thought "dimensions" meant "outer space." So I thought Clea was more of a cosmic character. I didn't know that Clea interacted with Norrin Radd in her comic book history! And in such a bizarre way, apparently. I always felt she could take part in cosmic stories. I just feel that, from my limited understanding of her character, she doesn't "fit in" with characters like Ghost Rider, Blade, Man-Thing, and Morbius. They're just too scary. I don't recall her being part of the Midnight Sons or anything. I know Clea was/is a member of the Defenders, so she probably "knows" the Hulk and Ghost Rider? I'm just wondering does she have any relationships outside of Strange and Wong (I'm not including her evil relatives)? I just know her as Strange's main love interest. And what kind of relationship is it? Is it like Wanda and Vision where both characters can easily stand on their own without overshadowing one another? Or is she sort of dependent on Strange stories for her to character to "work"? More importantly, is she the type of character who would put up with MCU Strange's condescending and smug personality?

By the way, I'm really glad that the new Doctor Strange movie is doing so well financially. I'm very happy for the Benedicts, McAdams and Olsen. I haven't seen it yet, but I hear that a lot of people enjoyed it. I don't let reviews determine my enjoyment of movies (heck, the Age of Ultron was one of my favorite entries in the MCU franchise), but I'm sad that they have been somewhat mixed. What I wanna know is if Cumberbatch appears proud of the MoM. I absolutely felt that he was proud of his work in the Power of the Dog. Hopefully he feels the same way with Strange 2 (And I'm REALLY hoping Strange 2 was not a "busy" movie).

Happy for fans of Clea!

Not familiar with the character, but here's hoping the MCU offers a good representation.

Funny story. My brother worked at a Gap store over twenty years ago. And a very young and unknown Charlize Theron came into the store one day. My brother has been a HUGE movie buff for decades, so he recognized her before she became famous. Said she was really nice and TALL. And she bought quite a bit of merchandise. She DID have somebody pick up her bags and take her clothes back to her hotel or whatever. My brother HATES "capeshit", but I think he might see some MCU stuff because he's a pretty big fan of Theron's. Charlize doesn't need to be involved in IP to prove her acting bonafides. I'm sure she'll do a great job!

Interesting video about Clea. This lady sure did cry a lot back in the day. And that's a LOT of dimensions she's been to. Didn't know she was Valkyrie's friend. Since Ghost Rider knocked Clea the hell out, they probably aren't too friendly. Since Silver Surfer rescued Clea, she's probably on good terms with him. Was NOT aware she had so many cosmic adventures. It's cool that she could change the Hulk into Banner. But switching bodies with Stephen? Very weird. Didn't know that they were separated so often. Was not aware Necodimus put the moves on Clea. He was a clown in Strange 1. Funny that she knocked him the hell out without using any spells. Mephisto's certainly got her number, doesn't he? I definitely think Strange's and Clea's stories are really esoteric...And frankly bizarre.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Clea vs Wanda, who wins?
    Whoever the writer wants to win.

I know I posted this before on the Stephen Strange thread, but I loved this video so much I will post it here. I think both soft and hard magic systems are interesting, but I think the MCU should use the soft stuff to avoid too much exposition. Rules don't have to be explicitly stated, but I think consistency should be key. I was really impressed with how it took Strange a while to learn magic in his first movie. Even fantasy fans loved it. I think some MCU fans will eventually be confused about what the powers of its magic users are. Especially as they escalate. This lady's recommendations are very good in my opinion!:

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    There's a new Unlimited one-shot today starring Clea and America Chavez.
    This seems to be only available via the Marvel Unlimited app. I don't see it in Comixology. How annoying. I'm not going to subscribe to yet another online service just to read this single comic. Could someone who has read it summarize the story here?
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    This seems to be only available via the Marvel Unlimited app. I don't see it in Comixology. How annoying. I'm not going to subscribe to yet another online service just to read this single comic. Could someone who has read it summarize the story here?
    I have Unlimited, but I haven't been using it since they 'upgraded' the app and made it unusable. I'll see if I can find and read it and post relevant pics. I do know these Unlimited exclusives aren't exactly like a floppy comic. They are laid out in a Webtoons / phone format.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have Unlimited, but I haven't been using it since they 'upgraded' the app and made it unusable. I'll see if I can find and read it and post relevant pics. I do know these Unlimited exclusives aren't exactly like a floppy comic. They are laid out in a Webtoons / phone format.
    Thanks, I'd appreciate it if it isn't too much of a bother. If it requires too much fuss though, skip it.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.